Thursday's Game Thread:Indians at Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NHSOUTH. Show NHSOUTH's posts

Re: Thursday's Game Thread:Indians at Red Sox

Morales is very good at imploding, and he doesn't waste time in doing it. 

When he is off (which is almost everytime he appears in a game), its ugly and quick.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

This game still winnable, but I said Monday night that the Sox would be fortunate to get out of this series with a split. As it's turned out, they won the last two by inches only. Going to take a major effort to get around JM and get this one.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread:Indians at Red Sox:
    I'll go on record now saying that I asked it before this inning began. Why Morales and not Aceves? I don't understand that.
    Posted by TheExaminer
    tito being tito. where he invites rightful criticism

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

I don't know why he had Aceves waming at all last night.  He should have been saved for tonight, knowing that Bedard was on a 70-80 pitch count.  It played out that way, but Aceves had to get up and throw three different times last night.  Now he is up tonight, not brought in, and then brough in when Franklin Morales pitches much the way he has always pitched.  Aceves doesn't look sharp, either.  It probably feels as though he is pitching two nights in a row.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

Morales is very good at imploding, and he doesn't waste time in doing it.  When he is off (which is almost everytime he appears in a game), its ugly and quick.
    Posted by NHSOUTH

South, why are all ur posts so negative towards Red Sox players?  Try a positive post every once in a while, its good for the blood pressure!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

oh wow. Aceves gave up a double. Francona is sooo dumb. He should have wished for a magical lights out pitcher and then taken him out of the pen without warming up. Idiots

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DCSoxFan13. Show DCSoxFan13's posts

Whine, second guess, whine, second guess, whine...it gets old.  Two of the first three batters of the inning were left handed.  Openning the inning with Morales made sense...it just didn't work out.  It happens...the bullpen doesn't shut down the other team every night.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NHSOUTH. Show NHSOUTH's posts

Veteran character actor turned Red Sox pitching coach Burt Young (Rocky, Rocky II, Rocky IV, The Sopranos) vehemently insisted to Francona that Morales would be magical tonight. 

Tito,impressed with Young's impassioned plea, agreed to listen to his pitching coach.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

aceves with some rested extra cheeseeee, 94 bak to bak

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

good pitch. Bad inning. get it back

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

wow, 95 freakin five on the black. miller and aceves will be nasty at the back end of that bulpen for short stints

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

I don't know why he had Aceves waming at all last night.  He should have been saved for tonight, knowing that Bedard was on a 70-80 pitch count.  It played out that way, but Aceves had to get up and throw three different times last night.  Now he is up tonight, not brought in, and then brough in when Franklin Morales pitches much the way he has always pitched.  Aceves doesn't look sharp, either.  It probably feels as though he is pitching two nights in a row.
    Posted by parhunter1

Right, Bedard on a limited pitch count, Aceves to follow, no-brainer.  Poor managerial work there, now were two down with Masterson on the hill.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

oh wow. Aceves gave up a double. Francona is sooo dumb. He should have wished for a magical lights out pitcher and then taken him out of the pen without warming up. Idiots
    Posted by redsoxlaxer12

Oh look, Aceves got out of it! The board was right !

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

You guys can all defend Francona to the hilt, but after he made one mistake bringing in Morales instead of Aceves (who's performance in this inning shows the truth), there was absolutely NO EXCUSE for not going to get Walter Johnson and/or Christy Mathewson. Especially when the Delorian is parked in the tunnel, he had plenty of time, and plenty of room to get up to 88 mph.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

good news is that masterson wont pitch beyond one more inning

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Well, I have to take it back.  Aceves looked plenty sharp after that double.  And I don't care if two of the first three batters were left-handers.  If it's the 8th and the game is close you bring in Bard, not Morales.  If it is the 9th in a save situation you bring in Papelbon, not Morales.  L/R means nothing for those pitchers.  They have their roles and they excel at them.  Not every night, but a good percentage of the time.  Aceves's role on this team is to come in in the 5th or 6th and get them to the 8th.  And Francona knew he was going to have a short game from his starter tonight, without any question.  Aceves should have come in.  Leave Morales for when the game is pretty much out of reach either way.  That is his role (or it should be).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Well, I have to take it back.  Aceves looked plenty sharp after that double.  And I don't care if two of the first three batters were left-handers.  If it's the 8th and the game is close you bring in Bard, not Morales.  If it is the 9th in a save situation you bring in Papelbon, not Morales.  L/R means nothing for those pitchers.  They have their roles and the excel at them.  Not every night, but a good percentage of the time.  Aceves's role on this team is to come in in the 5th or 6th and get them to the 8th.  And Francona knew he was going to have a short game from his starter tonight, without any question.  Aceves should have come in.  Leave Morales for when the game is pretty much out of reach either way.  That is his role (or it should be).
    Posted by parhunter1

Well, I think that's what we all thought the plan was. Don't know why we ended up where we did. Tito will have to explain his reasoning.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread:Indians at Red Sox : Oh look, Aceves got out of it! The board was right !
    Posted by westcoastsox9

the board was right after the fact.....as it always is

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

good news is that masterson wont pitch beyond one more inning
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

if he has an easy inning they'll send him back out

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

At 103 pitches I got to believe Contrarian is right.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread:Indians at Red Sox : if he has an easy inning they'll send him back out
    Posted by soxnewmex
    meant no more than one more AFTER this one. so he'll go 7 at the most. that gives us 2 innings to win! his pitch count keeps rising

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

True, but you have to give me credit laxer. I posted about that when Bedard was still pitching in the 5th and it showed Morales in the pen! Cool

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread:Indians at Red Sox : the board was right after the fact.....as it always is
    Posted by redsoxlaxer12
    Hey we had a thread today about mangerial mistakes in a win because something could have happened, even though it did not.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Humber has held the Yanks scoreless since the first, now thru the 5th.

Sections
Shortcuts