Ticktock,ticktock -- Red Sox report in ...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BVTsoxfan. Show BVTsoxfan's posts

Re: Ticktock,ticktock -- Red Sox report in ...

In response to royf19's comment:

Seven Days -- damn, going the wrong way.

Rebooting the countdown to take into consideration the Feb. 17 report date. Could have sworn I read Feb. 15 as the report date last week.

I think I read that the 15th is the report date and the 17th is first workout.  Yup:

"The annual Spring Training equipment truck departure will take place on Saturday, February 8 from Fenway Park. Pitchers and catchers are scheduled to report on Saturday, February 15, and will hold their first workout on Monday, February 17. Position players report on February 18 with the first full squad workout set for Thursday, February 20. All workouts are open to the public free of charge."

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20131121&content_id=64101256&vkey=pr_bos&c_id=bos

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BVTsoxfan. Show BVTsoxfan's posts

Sorry - double posted....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to BVTsoxfan's comment:

Seven Days -- damn, going the wrong way.

Rebooting the countdown to take into consideration the Feb. 17 report date. Could have sworn I read Feb. 15 as the report date last week.

I think I read that the 15th is the report date and the 17th is first workout.  Yup:

"The annual Spring Training equipment truck departure will take place on Saturday, February 8 from Fenway Park. Pitchers and catchers are scheduled to report on Saturday, February 15, and will hold their first workout on Monday, February 17. Position players report on February 18 with the first full squad workout set for Thursday, February 20. All workouts are open to the public free of charge."

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20131121&content_id=64101256&vkey=pr_bos&c_id=bos

Yeah, I guess I kept mixing up report date with workout date. Well this simple countdown has gotten all messed up.

OK how's this:

Two days -- report.

Four days -- for first official workout, pitchers and catchers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

One day.

Three Days for first official workout. (Pitchers and catchers).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

They're here -- YIPPEE.

Two days for first official workout (pitchers and catchers).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

ONE DAY for 1st official pitchers and catchers workout.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:

16 days. (On Feb. 15).

Can't wait.

I'm excited to see what Sizemore might bring to the club after being out so long.  I truly felt our team was weak offensively and raw defensively with Bogy and JBJ up the middle.  Grady was a better CF than Jacoby at one time and tore up RHP with some power.  He also had a very respectable .825 OPS as a career leadoff batter.  I don't expect the great speed from Grady these days but if he can stay somewhat healthy and still has bat speed it could keep our run scoring from taking a nose dive after losing Jacoby.

I think Bogy will develop much quicker than JBJ.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

Jacoby is no loss - wait til May 1 when he goes on DL for 3 months

Sections
Shortcuts