Tigers signing Torii Hunter

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Re: Tigers signing Torii Hunter

The winner here is Hunter.  A pretty good deal for a 37-year-old outfielder.  

As for the Tigers, *shaking my head*.   LOL

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Softlawes. Show Softlawes's posts

Thank goodness this loser racist isn't on the Red Sox payroll. Mags went way too long, and now the Tigers pull this embarrassing stunt.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Thats A Good Thing, He,s Over The Hill And Spent, Good Job BC We Dont Need Any Over The Hill Scrubs.......

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to parhunter55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not to be negative (well, honestly that is all I feel right about now), but who else would have paid Ortiz that exact same amount?  If Ortiz is worth that at his age and with his recent injury history, then Hunter is, too.

[/QUOTE]

Hunter wanted a WS championship which hes never had. If you were him and had 2 years, would you go to the Tigers or Red Sox. Me, if I was him? Tigers.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Alibiike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to GoUconn13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

26mm for 2 years is too much!!

Guess Ross will use that leverage to have Boston to try to sign him!!

[/QUOTE]

Hunter is worth every penny. But why have filet minon when you can have ground beef, right?

[/QUOTE]

Ive always said a players worth is a direct result of a teams needs. The Tigers needed a guy like Hunter to put them over the edge and he needs a team like the Tigers that will probably be in the mix the next 2 years. Good deal for both parties. Great fit for what they both want and need.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Alibiike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to GoUconn13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

26mm for 2 years is too much!!

Guess Ross will use that leverage to have Boston to try to sign him!!

[/QUOTE]

Hunter is worth every penny. But why have filet minon when you can have ground beef, right?

[/QUOTE]

Ive always said a players worth is a direct result of a teams needs. The Tigers needed a guy like Hunter to put them over the edge and he needs a team like the Tigers that will probably be in the mix the next 2 years. Good deal for both parties. Great fit for what they both want and need.

[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what FA is for - to supplement your team when most of the other pieces are already in place.  That's why it's a better fit for the Tigers.  The Red Sox have too many pieces missing.  I was kinda hopin' (maybe more like dreamin' now) that the Sox could acquire Hunter, Ross, and maybe Napoli on short-term contracts that wouldn't bog them down for the long-haul when their prospects mature.  Oh, well.  Next year ain't lookin' too good right now unless they want to deal top prospects.  In that case, I'd rather wait, although it's lookin' like I may withhold my mlb.com subscription for another year.  I can find better things to do with my time then watch Daniel Nava and read angry rants from the likes of Bill0, Geo, and andrewbitch.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Thankfully the Tigers saved me from having to listen to you posters who kept saying we should sign Hunter. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to toccooa's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hunter wanted a WS championship which hes never had.

This dude was been paid a fortune to deliver a title in MN and LA. He doesn't have one because he's a loser. If the Tigers finally win one after being in the wilderness, it won't be because of Hunter, it will be because of the younger talent.

Southpaw was begging for this old man. Maybe he'll become a Tigers fan.

[/QUOTE]

begging? no. Advocating? yes. maybe you should read all my posts first before you make any more dumb comments.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Advocating and begging are one in the same. Hey it is okay to admit you were wrong, I ahev to do it all the time.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

Advocating is begging. Maybe you should read all your own posts before you make your dumb comments.

[/QUOTE]

advocating is hardly begging...Like I said, read all my comments and you will see that although I would have liked him to play in Boston, it was in no way shape or form going to bother me if he didnt.

But thanks for trying to put words in my mouth...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Advocating and begging are one in the same. Hey it is okay to admit you were wrong, I ahev to do it all the time.

[/QUOTE]

Its pleading your case, not begging.

The point is, if he didnt sign I wasnt going to and will not lose any sleep over it. Ive stated that already in other threads.

Whoever was using the toccooa alias (and I have a good idea who) was just trying to start a fight.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Thank heavens he did not sign here, he is a bad day away from needing to be a DH at 37.... talk about risk with Ortiz already holding the 37 year old DH position.

This team won't be competing in 2013 so why weight it down by bringing in old men and tired ex-stars. 

Go young, see if the current team catches a wave by all*star break and re-adjust of necessary.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

Thank heavens he did not sign here, he is a bad day away from needing to be a DH at 37.... talk about risk with Ortiz already holding the 37 year old DH position.

This team won't be competing in 2013 so why weight it down by bringing in old men and tired ex-stars. 

Go young, see if the current team catches a wave by all*star break and re-adjust of necessary.

[/QUOTE]

I can agree with that point. Its valid.

And also can honestly say if I was Hunter I wouldve signed with the Tigers before the Sox for that very reason.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Then you should be happy to do it again, since advocating and begging are two completely different things.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Torii went with the team that almost made it all the way just last season. They have the best pitcher in baseball who's capable of carrying his team. End of story.

It's like climbing Mt. Everest, you go with a team that is most likely going to get you to the summit.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

I really cannot say for certain but I think the Tigers need defense and speed. Is Toru Hunter a good sighning for them? Maybe TH of 3 years ago would have been. Now they have 3 potential full-time DH's on the team.

Having said that I am sure he can still chase a fly ball down, steal a base with confidence, and his offensive numbers are actually quite good.

Still think the Tigers should be going for youth and making sure Annibel Sanchez stays with the team.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

I called Torri Hunter going to Detroit. Another one off the board, Napoli will go to the Yankees, Cody Ross to the National League, while Ben is in the I wonder mode.  Sachez will stay in Detroit as well.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to Softlawes' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Thank goodness this loser racist isn't on the Red Sox payroll. Mags went way too long, and now the Tigers pull this embarrassing stunt.

[/QUOTE]

The most racist on the board calling the least racist player in MLB a racist.  Pitiful, transparent and typical.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]

Hunter wanted a WS championship which hes never had.

This dude was been paid a fortune to deliver a title in MN and LA. He doesn't have one because he's a loser. If the Tigers finally win one after being in the wilderness, it won't be because of Hunter, it will be because of the younger talent.

Southpaw was begging for this old man. Maybe he'll become a Tigers fan.

[/QUOTE]

Do you consider Ted Williams and Ernie Banks to be losers too?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hunter wanted a WS championship which hes never had. If you were him and had 2 years, would you go to the Tigers or Red Sox. Me, if I was him? Tigers.

[/QUOTE]

If Ben Cherington offered me a season ticker holder of the NE Patriots and unlimited amount of lobster sandwich and clam chowder, then I would sign with the Red Sox.   ;)

lobster sandwich at Quincy Market = $18     Geez.........

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

Fergy Jenkins is big loser too.

If I were Hunter, Ben would have had to include daily deliveries from Camden, ME for my lobster sandwiches.  Grafanino's I think it is...the best anywhere.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to AL34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I called Torri Hunter going to Detroit. Another one off the board, Napoli will go to the Yankees, Cody Ross to the National League, while Ben is in the I wonder mode.  Sachez will stay in Detroit as well.

[/QUOTE]

My guesses  :)

• Cody Ross will sign with the Braves
    • Hamilton will sign with the O's
    • Toronto will win at least 88 games (if the team stays healthy)
    • Patriots will win the Super Bowl  (Patriots over the Packers)

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts