Tikki Barber- Francesa interview was a doozie

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: Tikki Barber- Francesa interview was a doozie

In Response to Re: Tikki Barber- Francesa interview was a doozie:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tikki Barber- Francesa interview was a doozie : Lloyd ...prime of example Softy's attempts to get under "our" skin...there is not a thing he's not afraid to throw out there...
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]
    ... While not making any sense whatsoever in the process, of course.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

..of course   :oD

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

None of my Colts or Eagles or Pats friends understand why Giants fans hate him. The way he talked about the giants the year the won..... how they would never win without him..... well guess what F U we won..... Without you. So you can take the retirnment that you wanted to criple the Giants and shove it you know where. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Great. Now we get New York football threads on a Red Sox forum on Boston.com.

Steve, you need to find a board for the Yankees or the Giants with New York fans on it. I realize this board has a good portion of New York posters (easily more than Boston), but it's still, so far, a Red Sox baseball forum.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In Response to Tikki Barber- Francesa interview was a doozie:
    [QUOTE]OK, this topic doesn't belong here, but I never realized what an a--h--- Barber is. At one point, Francesa got enraged, and rightfully so. It should be available on the WFAN web site soon.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Did you come back to the bcd chatboard because you missed it, or did you come back because you were a failure on a Yankee chatboard? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Tikki Barber- Francesa interview was a doozie : Did you come back to the bcd chatboard because you missed it, or did you come back because you were a failure on a Yankee chatboard? 
    Posted by Sheriff-Rojas[/QUOTE]

I came back to bug you. It's a good thing they have the internet in jail.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Tikki Barber- Francesa interview was a doozie : Did you come back to the bcd chatboard because you missed it, or did you come back because you were a failure on a Yankee chatboard? 

Steven doesn't post on any New York boards. He makes this board his home. So, any thoughts about New York teams will be posted here. Next we'll have threads about the Knicks and the Rangers.

I think it would be completely different if he went to a couple of New York boards, and posted here occasionally. He would also get to see that fans DO talk about their rivals, and have fun with it. Instead he gets completely upset about any negative posts, and constantly asks posters to PROVE what they're saying with stats, facts, etc. 

IMO as long as he makes this the one and only board he posts on, he will constantly feel the need to make this the board he wants -- neutral. There are enough New York baseball fans here to keep his dream alive, and they may feel the same way as he does about keeping it real, and starting threads about New York teams. Doesn't make it right.

My biggest problem with it is that posters are being eliminated based on how Yankee fans feel about them. Their friends want them to be comfortable, and if that means Sox fans have to go, then Sox fans have to go. Unreal.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tikki Barber- Francesa interview was a doozie : Steven doesn't post on any New York boards. He makes this board his home. So, any thoughts about New York teams will be posted here. Next we'll have threads about the Knicks and the Rangers. I think it would be completely different if he went to a couple of New York boards, and posted here occaisionally. He would also get to see that fans DO talk about their rivals, and have fun with it. Instead he gets completely upset about any negative posts, and constantly asks posters to PROVE what they're saying with stats, facts, etc.  IMO as long as he makes this the one and only board he posts on, he will constantly feel the need to make this the board he wants -- neutral. There are enough New York fans here to keep his dream alive, and they may feel the same way as he does about keeping it real, and starting threads about New York teams. Doesn't make it right. My biggest problem with it is that posters are being eliminated based on how Yankee fans feel about them. Their friends want them to be comfortable, and if that means Sox fans have to go, then Sox fans have to go. Unreal.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Kimster, you're kind of a cross between Pike and Margaret Dumont. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tikki Barber- Francesa interview was a doozie : Kimster, you're kind of a cross between Pike and Margaret Dumont. 

Wow. You really are LMR. What's up with the new name?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tikki Barber- Francesa interview was a doozie : Steven doesn't post on any New York boards. He makes this board his home. So, any thoughts about New York teams will be posted here. Next we'll have threads about the Knicks and the Rangers. I think it would be completely different if he went to a couple of New York boards, and posted here occasionally. He would also get to see that fans DO talk about their rivals, and have fun with it. Instead he gets completely upset about any negative posts, and constantly asks posters to PROVE what they're saying with stats, facts, etc.  IMO as long as he makes this the one and only board he posts on, he will constantly feel the need to make this the board he wants -- neutral. There are enough New York baseball fans here to keep his dream alive, and they may feel the same way as he does about keeping it real, and starting threads about New York teams. Doesn't make it right. My biggest problem with it is that posters are being eliminated based on how Yankee fans feel about them. Their friends want them to be comfortable, and if that means Sox fans have to go, then Sox fans have to go. Unreal.

Bravo, Kim!. A great critique of me. Your latest installment of dissecting a long list of posters is commendable, I'm sure in some circles, aka the RS minority here (LOL). For your next project, I suggest you critique yourself; get cracking, because there's alot of ground to cover.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tikki Barber- Francesa interview was a doozie : Bravo, Kim!. A great critique of me. Your latest installment of dissecting a long list of posters is commendable, I'm sure in some circles, aka the RS minority here (LOL). For your next project, I suggest you critique yourself; get cracking, because there's alot of ground to cover.

Actually, Steve. You should re-read the post you quoted, I said New York baseball fans. Didn't specify Yankee fans. I'll also include the tristate area. Again, WAY less than Boston fans here.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tikki Barber- Francesa interview was a doozie : Actually, Steve. You should re-read the post you quoted, I said New York baseball fans. Didn't specify Yankee fans. I'll also include the tristate area. Again, WAY less than Boston fans here.

Assuming this is not a play on semantics, I guess it's not good to assume, even if there's apparently historical context.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]I was proud Tikki was a G-man ...    then I heard him go off on the coach and Eli  ....    You guys were right, 30 secs was enough ... but I was dumb enough to listen longer.    As far as Franscesa goes, why do you think Dog ain't there no mo'?  Man he was a jerk when that ended ...

You are absolutely right.  However, name the two most irrelevant people in radio......Howard Stern and Chris Russo.

They may have gotten paid well but no one hears them anymore.  And MadDog radio is hideous.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tikki Barber- Francesa interview was a doozie : You are absolutely right.  However, name the two most irrelevant people in radio......Howard Stern and Chris Russo. They may have gotten paid well but no one hears them anymore.  And MadDog radio is hideous.
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

Jim,

I actually started this thread with you in mind, knowing you're a Francesa junkie (at least that was my impression). Love his opening monologue, but when the dysfunctional homers call afterwards, ugh; that's when I usually turn it off. He tries to be nice to them, without backing down from their inane arguments.`As far as bad callers go, I really feel sorry for Tony Paige, given his time slot (Overnight); however, I also don't think he's really very good.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tikki Barber- Francesa interview was a doozie : You are absolutely right.  However, name the two most irrelevant people in radio......Howard Stern and Chris Russo. They may have gotten paid well but no one hears them anymore.  And MadDog radio is hideous.

Jim,

We often here of folks posting  "small sample" here one way or another.  To be honest, ALL my Mike and MadDog listening moments have been small ...miniscule.   I kinda like Mike as long as he's not on one of his "God, I'm so much smarter than you, you idiot" tears.  (Reminds me of a condescending maroon here ... names being left out so as not to inflate its ego.)  I always thought Dog was just that ... a lap dog on the side, allowed little yips here and there... NEVER heard him on his own.  But that's due to my utter lack of any kind of desire to find him. 

You and I must be of like mind about Stern.  I've had better times swallowing  the occasional bug as I've ridden my bike ....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tikki Barber- Francesa interview was a doozie : Assuming this is not a play on semantics, I guess it's not good to assume, even if there's apparently historical context.

Steve, 

Don't think it's semantics.  I am not the only one that lives in the land of the enemy.  Several here do.

And I'm just out in southern Finger Lakes, not - shudder - in The City.

Internet's so cool.  I love we have guys and gals from Nippon, UK, NZ, Australia, Scotland, as well as Meechigan (Hiya Promise!), SoCal, the Great Northwest ... so many places ...

I digress ...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tikki Barber- Francesa interview was a doozie : Assuming this is not a play on semantics, I guess it's not good to assume, even if there's apparently historical context.

Actually, my post should have read:

Actually, Steve. You should re-read the post you quoted, I said New York baseball fans. Didn't specify Yankee fans. I'll also include the tristate area. Again, WAY MORE than Boston fans here.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tikki Barber- Francesa interview was a doozie : Jim, I actually started this thread with you in mind, knowing you're a Francesa junkie (at least that was my impression). Love his opening monologue, but when the dysfunctional homers call afterwards, ugh; that's when I usually turn it off. He tries to be nice to them, without backing down from their inane arguments.`As far as bad callers go, I really feel sorry for Tony Paige, given his time slot (Overnight); however, I also don't think he's really very good.

I have to admit that I kind of like Mike.  Everything anyone has ever said negative about him is absolutely true.  I just have grown up on FAN and Mike has been a mainstay.  I have even spent a few nights "parking" listening to Steve...overnight...under the covers...talking to the late Doris from Rego Park.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tikki Barber- Francesa interview was a doozie : Actually, my post should have read:   Actually, Steve. You should re-read the post you quoted, I said New York baseball fans. Didn't specify Yankee fans. I'll also include the tristate area. Again, WAY  MORE than Boston fans here.

Fine.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tikki Barber- Francesa interview was a doozie : I have to admit that I kind of like Mike.  Everything anyone has ever said negative about him is absolutely true.  I just have grown up on FAN and Mike has been a mainstay.  I have even spent a few nights "parking" listening to Steve...overnight...under the covers...talking to the late Doris from Rego Park.

And Seinfeld; and let's face it; Steve's funny; even his sunrise commercial is funny. It's surprising that he was born and raised in SF; he's so Jewish NY (Unless it's just shtick, LOL) . My favorite moment was when he went off on the Big East after they disappointed in the 2010 NCAA Tournament. (They also did in 2011).

Mike is good at what he does; despite the swell head, which is partly understandable, since he's arguably the top sports talk host in the nation.
    As far as Dog is concerned; he rode his coattails, then got too big for himself; obviously.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Bump

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tikki Barber- Francesa interview was a doozie : Jim,   We often here of folks posting  "small sample" here one way or another.  To be honest, ALL my Mike and MadDog listening moments have been small ...miniscule.   I kinda like Mike as long as he's not on one of his "God, I'm so much smarter than you, you idiot" tears.  (Reminds me of a condescending maroon here ... names being left out so as not to inflate its ego.)  I always thought Dog was just that ... a lap dog on the side, allowed little yips here and there... NEVER heard him on his own.  But that's due to my utter lack of any kind of desire to find him.     You and I must be of like mind about Stern.  I've had better times swallowing  the occasional bug as I've ridden my bike ....

I used to listen to Stern all the time.  I worked for Z-100 in the 1980's as a phone op.  So, I was really into the "scene".  When Howard Stern got fired from WNBC, I told Scott Shannon to hire him for the morning Zoo.  Little did I know how much they hated each other.  That's when WNBC became the FAN...Good times!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Jim,

Impressive.  :0)  Seriously. 
       The 2 years I worked on air, we referred to ourselves as "small market" radio.  Or at least that is what my bosses called it ... and we jocks followed suit.

It was a lot closer to "ant farm" market ... small would have been a tremendous step up...

Those were the days the FCC required on air personnel to be pass testing (Heck I can't even remember if getting your ticket was certification or liscencing...)  ...but if you worked for Z-100 in the '80s, you'd know that.  I was terrible but I had fun. 

Can you imagine a dyslexic reading hot news????

Yup.

I was special alright.

Sections
Shortcuts