Tim "Wendell Kim" Bogar

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

Tim "Wendell Kim" Bogar

OK...I can understand out by a few inches, but what the heck was Tim Bogar doing sending a "gimpy" Ortiz home after running from 1b?

If it weren't for that fact that Napoli is a crappy defensive catcher, Papi would have been out by 15 feet!  Thank God it wasn't a close game!

This is defnitely not the first time he has pulled a Wendell

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

Re: Tim "Wendell Kim" Bogar

In Response to Tim "Wendell Kim" Bogar:
    OK...I can understand out by a few inches, but what the heck was Tim Bogar doing sending a "gimpy" Ortiz home after running from 1b? If it weren't for that fact that Napoli is a crappy defensive catcher, Papi would have been out by 15 feet!  Thank God it wasn't a close game! This is defnitely not the first time he has pulled a Wendell
    Posted by KRomine

Actually he told Papi not to go, but Papi had other plans.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

There were 2 outs with Varitek on deck.  That's the time to gamble and hope for a bad throw or messup on defence.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

In Response to Re: Tim "Wendell Kim" Bogar:
    There were 2 outs with Varitek on deck.  That's the time to gamble and hope for a bad throw or messup on defence.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut

good point; i'd rather have saltwater pappy on deck.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

boy, Ortiz looked so hurt by his heel, I'm surprised he was able to run the bases at all. The guy was in a walking boot and is being forced back into action by the Red Sox. If I was Ortiz, I would just take the rest of the season off to nurse the horrible, horrible pain in his heel. Just excruciating what the poor guy went through for the previous 2 weeks. Once he gets over the heel issue, he will be back to being Big Papi, driving baseballs, jogging the bases, and being physically taxed for his 4 at bats and nothing else to physically tax him job.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

boy, Ortiz looked so hurt by his heel, I'm surprised he was able to run the bases at all. The guy was in a walking boot and is being forced back into action by the Red Sox. If I was Ortiz, I would just take the rest of the season off to nurse the horrible, horrible pain in his heel. Just excruciating what the poor guy went through for the previous 2 weeks. Once he gets over the heel issue, he will be back to being Big Papi, driving baseballs, jogging the bases, and being physically taxed for his 4 at bats and nothing else to physically tax him job.
    Posted by dannycater

blah blah blah.  You actually have no idea though what papi's heel issue was really like.  You can conjecture, sure.  But you have no idea. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Posted by dannycater

ROFL!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

wave him in kim was not as good as sveum, but certainly rivals bog'themtotheirdeath'ar

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Ortiz with all his "take it like a man" talk is really kinda soft... I actually don't care for his version of Being "a man".

Cant wait to hear all the garbage for him about respect this winter.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Posted by Hfxsoxnut

Sorry HFX,
    Sending Ortiz in that situation was a mistake, with a more fleet runner I'm ok with the gamble, but if the catcher simply cathes the ball, he would've and should've been out by 20 feet. I get sending a guy with two outs and making the defense make a play but that not when it's a guy that 1) isn't athletic 2) willing to run the catcher over, neither of which appear to fit Papi's profile.

Bogar and Papi got lucky...I'll take it and I am sure they will too and for those that think he wasn't sending him you need to go back a review the replay...After turning second and on his way to third, Bogar was waving him in, as he got to the bag that's when Bogar tried in vein to stop him, and Papi kept on going...Sometimes it's better to be lucky that good at no time is running into an out, good baseball, last night was an example of what you don't do because the odd of Papi scoring on that play we're less than .01 % E2 saved his bacon...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I wonder if as many people are bashing Napoli on the Texas chat boards for dropping the ball as are bashing the 3rd base coach for a bad decision on the Red Sox chat boards.

I find it ridiculous that even when something breaks our way somebody still b*tches about it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I still think Ortiz is a sally.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Sally Housecoat 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

I wonder if as many people are bashing Napoli on the Texas chat boards for dropping the ball as are bashing the 3rd base coach for a bad decision on the Red Sox chat boards. I find it ridiculous that even when something breaks our way somebody still b*tches about it.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD

Hey Zilla,

Discussing the play on the merits of whether or not is was a sound fundemental baseball decision is what makes the game fun and is a time honored tradition passed down from generation to generation...a birth right if you will.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnTAlouette. Show JohnTAlouette's posts

I didn't see the play, but just marvel in general how hard it has become to throw somebody out at home. My little league team practised this a lot. We hit the cutoff man. I was a catcher. We practised "let it go","cut it off,second base",etc. Those guys would get me the ball in time. Major league outfielders are likely to throe the ball into the stands.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

In Response to Re: Tim "Wendell Kim" Bogar : blah blah blah.  You actually have no idea though what papi's heel issue was really like.  You can conjecture, sure.  But you have no idea. 
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

spaceman, if you aren't already, you should apply for the PR job for the SOX.
    you'd be perfect.
    btw, your posts are easy on the ears; they never strike a discordant note.
    kind of like elevator music.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

I wonder if as many people are bashing Napoli on the Texas chat boards for dropping the ball as are bashing the 3rd base coach for a bad decision on the Red Sox chat boards. I find it ridiculous that even when something breaks our way somebody still b*tches about it.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD

whatever happened to the other ZILLA? the one with a sense of humor.
    is this new ZILLA on some new type of lizard medication?

and yes, sending ortiz was the right move when there was an automatic out due up at the plate.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Tim "Wendell Kim" Bogar : spaceman, if you aren't already, you should apply for the PR job for the SOX. you'd be perfect. btw, your posts are easy on the ears; they never strike a discordant note. kind of like elevator music.
    Posted by theYAZZER

What can I say Yazzer?  We all come to baseball for different reasons.  Yours is to judge and talk trash on your own team.  Mine is to root for the boys and support them when the inevitable struggles of baseball are on their backs.  We are dischord and harmony.  Yin and Yang.  Different Strokes To Move the World.  Tongue out

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

In Response to Tim "Wendell Kim" Bogar :   Bogar held him up, Ortiz ran through the stop sign.
    Posted by prknsdnld

Why weren't you watching the Yankee game?

Sections
Shortcuts