Tim Hudson interest

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Tim Hudson interest

• Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports tweets that the interest is mutual between Hudson and the Red Sox. Hudson is close with catcher David Ross and wants to win a World Series ring before he retires, Passan adds.
    • Executives have told Passan that Hudson could command as much as a two-year, $24MM contract on the free agent market (Twitter link). Hudson is benefiting from not being tied to draft pick compensation

Why would the Sox want him? Dempster's replacement if they move him?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Re: Tim Hudson interest

Boston checking in on veteran SP Tim Hudson

CBS Sports' Jon Heyman reports that the Red Sox have "checked in" on Tim Hudson.

Heyman notes that the Sox are "big admirers" of Hudson and was told by one person familiar with the club's thinking that they "really want him." However, the Braves want to bring Hudson back, and Heyman thinks it's "a little hard to imagine" him leaving Atlanta. The Royals and Indians are also known to have interest in the veteran right-hander.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

I think a Rotation of Lester, Bucholz, Lackey, Hudson, Peavy would be nice than possibly package douby and middy for either a elite set up man or other prospects.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

The only 2 starters I have interest in are Hudson and Tanaka. Neither cost a pick and both would improve our staff.

Hudson is not a power pitcher who puts up numbers that are good at compiling WAR. He is a ground ball pitcher with command and control. One of the winningest pitchers in the history of baseball. Another tough guy who can handle Boston.

Last year, his stuff was better then it had been the year before. And it was up ticking before the injury. He also had been very strong stat wise the 6 weeks before he broke his ankle. His arm should still be good next year, inspite of the age.

Hudson might be the best "value" on the free agent market. One of the few players I hope we sign even though we don't need him. If he wants to come to Boston for 2-24, the Red Sox should take advantage of the opportunity.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In response to JohnnyLefty's comment:

I think a Rotation of Lester, Bucholz, Lackey, Hudson, Peavy would be nice than possibly package douby and middy for either a elite set up man or other prospects.

Wow... you want to give up 26 starter who can be #3-4 in most teams and 25 3B who has 30+ HR potential for a setup guy?  Glad you only write.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:

Wow... you want to give up 26 starter who can be #3-4 in most teams and 25 3B who has 30+ HR potential for a setup guy?  Glad you only write.  

There's definitely still too much upside in Doubront to give up on him. If he can manage to both show up to spring training in shape and avoid running out of gas at the end of the season, I think he could be poised for a breakout year. Over a long stretch from mid-May through the end of August, his ERA was under 3.00.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc1944. Show MadMc1944's posts

I could see the Sox trading Lackey or Peavey, a top prospect  and WMB for Tulo as the starting SS. Keeping Doubrount and solidifying the infield. Then sign Hudson if they think he will perform better than Peavey or Lackey.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In response to MadMc1944's comment:

I could see the Sox trading Lackey or Peavey, a top prospect  and WMB for Tulo as the starting SS. Keeping Doubrount and solidifying the infield. Then sign Hudson if they think he will perform better than Peavey or Lackey.

Wow would Rockies take WMB when they have 22 yd old Nolan Arenado?  You just can't throw names out there. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportswizard1. Show Sportswizard1's posts

We already have an elite set up man his name is Workman,Tazawa, Breslow and Miller and if they need another guy just bring Ryan-Rowland Smith up to the big club, or RDLR!!! If you are going to move either Doubrant or Middlebrooks or  even package them you need too acquire more than just a set up guy. Doubrant to the Angels for say Trumbo and Conger.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

i would love to have hudson on our staff....i hope we get him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Elite set=up man???? Wow!....ok... Time for me to move on,,,,,,

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:

In response to MadMc1944's comment:

Wow would Rockies take WMB when they have 22 yd old Nolan Arenado?  You just can't throw names out there. 

That, and Tulo has a HUGE contract and hes never healthy.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Sportswizard1's comment:

We already have an elite set up man his name is Workman,Tazawa, Breslow and Miller and if they need another guy just bring Ryan-Rowland Smith up to the big club, or RDLR!!! If you are going to move either Doubrant or Middlebrooks or  even package them you need too acquire more than just a set up guy. Doubrant to the Angels for say Trumbo and Conger.

Keeping Workman in the pen is a complete waste. Hes a guy that can give you 200IP a year. hes got solid stuff and hes a big kid who can be durable enough to handle a full MLB season. With all those names you listed, Workman shouldnt be needed, or even considered in the pen.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

I make it a personal rule never to sign an ex-Braves player. If the Braves don't want hmi, you don't want him. Trust me on this.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

In response to LagunaJose's comment:

Where was the thread on getting rid of one of our starting pitchers before signing a sixth?  Did I miss it?

You can never have enough pitching.

Sections
Shortcuts