Tim Lincecum a possibility?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gbman87603. Show gbman87603's posts

Re: Tim Lincecum a possibility?

For a team that has the truck load of talent it will take to get him...I cant see why not. He dominates by getting swings and misses, which a lot of guys still do in the AL.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Your brain is stretched. Maybe we can ad Felix after the Giants give us Tim L.? Then for fun I think the Philles are ready to give us Lee for Lowrie.  Noce thread Mr. Stretch.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

This week two columnists have suggested that the San Francisco Giants should make Tim Lincecum available in a trade:

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/can-the-giants-improve-by-trading-tim-linecum/

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/San-Francisco-Giants-Tim-Lincecum-will-team-trade-ace-110311

I doubt the Red Sox have the players the Giants would want.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In Response to Tim Lincecum a possibility?:
    Giants need position players.....I know it's a stretch, but would he do well in AL?
    Posted by sday4x4

Josh Beckett had an ERA of 3.46 and an ERA+ of 118 in five seasons in the National League before his trade to the Red Sox.

Tim Lincecum has an ERA of 2.98 and an ERA+ of 138 in his five seasons in the National League.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Lincecum a possibility?:
    This week two columnists have suggested that the San Francisco Giants should make Tim Lincecum available in a trade: http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/can-the-giants-improve-by-trading-tim-linecum/ http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/San-Francisco-Giants-Tim-Lincecum-will-team-trade-ace-110311 I doubt the Red Sox have the players the Giants would want.
    Posted by hill55

The Sox certainly could offer a package comperable to what was proposed in the fangraphs article.  Instead of Montero/Nunez, it could be Lavarnway/Iggy as a starting point.

Not saying this makes sense, just comparing to what the article says.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Lincecum a possibility? : Gman, I would think the Giants would trade Cain before Lincecum. If you take away Lincecum or Cain and replace them with bats how much better are the Giants? What the Giant's need can be aquired through free agency (Bats)...If they make a play for Fielder and Cuddyer their offense just got a lot better...Add theose two to a linup with a healthy Posey and the Giant's IMHO are once again prohbitive favorties in the NL West...
    Posted by Beantowne

If they had extra room in their budget, I'd agree with you.  But the Giants only project to have about $10M to work with after they handle their arb players.  Trading Tim would free up about $20M and would let them go after a big bat in FA as well as returning MLB ready hitting prospects.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

If they don't sign Ortiz or Pap, that oughta give them enough money build a clone-morph machine and cross-clone Pujols and Lincecum, creating a super two-way force Timbert Pujolcum.  Sure, the heretofore impossible technology would cost more than the money freed up from Ortiz/Papelbon, but, Cherrington, forward thinking man he is, knows that signing the Pujolcum hybrid would still be basically half the cost of signing these two great players separately, and also, we would have the greatest 2 way player since Ruth, thus eliminating on whole roster spot.  

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Lincecum a possibility? : The Sox certainly could offer a package comperable to what was proposed in the fangraphs article.  Instead of Montero/Nunez, it could be Lavarnway/Iggy as a starting point. Not saying this makes sense, just comparing to what the article says.
    Posted by JB-3

Insanity is making the same mistake and expecting different results. so let's try and trade our number one SS prospect again, and while we're at it, our best catching prospect offensively.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

Better chance of getting Matt Cain...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

Tim Lincecum a possibility?

Giants need position players.....I know it's a stretch, but would he do well in AL?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yukon-Cornelius. Show Yukon-Cornelius's posts

In Response to Tim Lincecum a possibility?:
    Posted by sday4x4

No, he's not a possibility.  Get real.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I hope we can easily acquire Pujols, Cliff Lee, Josh Hamilton, Fielder, and King Felix.... that is my hope. I am so excited.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

got a better option to throw out there Burrito?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

For a team that has the truck load of talent it will take to get him...I cant see why not. He dominates by getting swings and misses, which a lot of guys still do in the AL.
    Posted by gbman87603

Gman,
    I would think the Giants would trade Cain before Lincecum. If you take away Lincecum or Cain and replace them with bats how much better are the Giants?

What the Giant's need can be aquired through free agency (Bats)...If they make a play for Fielder and Cuddyer their offense just got a lot better...Add theose two to a linup with a healthy Posey and the Giant's IMHO are once again prohbitive favorties in the NL West...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Uh yeah.. how bout Cliff Lee or King Felix... common man this is not even a real topic.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

"common man"  ?

guess I can't match wits with that one........I retract my topic then..lol

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

yes a spelling mistake is far more insane than your incredibly dumb idea of acquiring the Giants best asset.  You win.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

yet those two articles posted .....gives it no credibility right? and because you don't like it.....you have to post the venom right?.....that's why I pointed out the spelling mistake.....don't attack unless you want it back.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Guys, we are not all playing in an ESPN Fantasy Baseball League. Some of these posts regarding the Red Sox obtaining players like Lincecum, CC Sabbathia, Kemp, Pujols, King Felix et. al. are just not going to happen. Now the post re: Prado and Jair could be done in some form.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor

I was hoping they would get Infante from the Braves last year, but Prado will do.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Lincecum a possibility? : Gman, I would think the Giants would trade Cain before Lincecum. If you take away Lincecum or Cain and replace them with bats how much better are the Giants? What the Giant's need can be aquired through free agency (Bats)...If they make a play for Fielder and Cuddyer their offense just got a lot better...Add theose two to a linup with a healthy Posey and the Giant's IMHO are once again prohbitive favorties in the NL West...
    Posted by Beantowne
    The Sox could easily trade Reddick,Iggy and Exposito and even throw in Youkilis for Tim Lincecum and he would do very well in Boston provided he stays healthy,of course I could win the next big lottery jackpot because I play every week. Better chance that the Sox acquire Tim's services than me hitting the right numbers..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-Bay-Fan. Show J-Bay-Fan's posts

I GIVE ALL FOR LINCECUM!

YOUKILIS 3B/1B
    ANTONY RENAUDO SP                                  (3RD BEST RED SOX PROSPECT)
    XANDER BOGAERTS SS,MOVING TO OUTFIELD  (4TH BEST RED SOX PROSPECT) 
    MATT BARNES SP                                       (7TH BEST RED SOX PROSPECT)
    JED LOWRIE 3B/SS
    AND JOSH REDDICK RF

FOR TIM LINCECUM

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Guys, we are not all playing in an ESPN Fantasy Baseball League. Some of these posts regarding the Red Sox obtaining players like Lincecum, CC Sabbathia, Kemp, Pujols, King Felix et. al. are just not going to happen. Now the post re: Prado and Jair could be done in some form.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Lincecum a possibility? : Insanity is making the same mistake and expecting different results. so let's try and trade our number one SS prospect again, and while we're at it, our best catching prospect offensively.
    Posted by Alibiike

Are you dumb?  Did you bother to actually read my comment?  I said it didn't make sense, maybe you should read the articles.  All I said is that we could compete with what the article said it would take from the Yankees to get a deal done.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Insanity is making the same mistake and expecting different results. so let's try and trade our number one SS prospect again, and while we're at it, our best catching prospect offensively.

Couldn't you also say it was a mistake not to trade Lowrie, Lars Anderson, and countless other top prospects from the past when their stock was highest?

We have Bogaerts, who many now feel is better than Iggy, so trading one to help get a great starter would be worth it to me.

Sections
Shortcuts