tim mccarver.really?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxyjim. Show soxyjim's posts

tim mccarver.really?

tim has to retire.he just drones on all nite long.for me anyway he

makes these games hard to watch so i turn the sound off.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4080370. Show user_4080370's posts

Re: tim mccarver.really?

Yes, it is very brutal to listen to. I also mute the game. Another aspect that is difficult to listen and watch are those painful interviews with the Detroit pitchers, etc. I thought that interview with Max Scherzer would never end. How many times do we have to see Justin V. in the dougout. Is there a man crush on Justin V. with the camera man. I heard there is a way to sync the radio with the tv broadcast, I am going to have to try it out.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I spend most of the game with the tv on mute, especially when its a raod game. If the Sox have a huge lead, then I can stand to listen to them, just to hear the sorrow in their voices.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Watch it on TV...listen to it on the Radio....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottwad. Show scottwad's posts

Mute the tv and listen to O'brian and Castig on the radio. The radio is 5 to 8 seconds ahead but you listen to something you can enjoy. The radio guys are the ones keeping me up. Fox sucks and should stick to Nascar and NFL which they excel in. The Redsox could win it tomorrow but the Fox broadcast will have Tigers all over the place.  McCarver is the worst!!!!!!!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

It's funny.....I was reading a Detroit sports forum the other day.  They too were blasting the broadcasters but they were saying that they were so biased towards the Sox that it was ridiculous!  I really can't understand that one at all!  

TMc is the WORST I have heard.  Sometimes I just watch the following though and I feel better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO9jo8XkOfA

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I wonder if FOX knows what percent of people listen to the radio while watching games these two yahoos call.

(I'm one.)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Is the World Series also on FOX?  I hope not.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to soxyjim's comment:

tim has to retire.he just drones on all nite long.for me anyway he

makes these games hard to watch so i turn the sound off.

He is, jim

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/columnist/hiestand-tv/2013/03/27/tim-mccarver-major-league-baseball-telecasts-fox/2024825/

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

Is the World Series also on FOX?  I hope not.  

Yes, IC.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

You'll get your wish.  He is retiring after this season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoeFoyFan. Show JoeFoyFan's posts

The MUTE botton is a wonderful addition to the remote!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

In response to Beantowne's comment:

Watch it on TV...listen to it on the Radio....

I can't, there is about a 5 second delay.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

The "bromance" with Scherzer and Verlander is beyond obnoxious.

It surprises me that Buck and McCarver haven't donned Tigers caps yet!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

KRomine,

You can bet that Buck and McCarver have already purchased their brand new Cardinals caps to wear during the World Series.

What a disgusting pair of announcers these two guys have turned into.

Someone made a good point above when asking if Fox knew how many people turn off the volume because these two are SO bad.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to KRomine's comment:

The "bromance" with Scherzer and Verlander is beyond obnoxious.

It surprises me that Buck and McCarver haven't donned Tigers caps yet!

I wonder if Jeter is jealous that Tim's new men are Max and Justin?

If you thought they were pulling for the Tigers, just wait for the World Series - they are both huge Cards fans...I would antipate Carpenter on the headset for at least 15 mins a game....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

it kind of ticked me off in i think it was the 8th inning and tim was talking and he said IF the red sox win he was going to do somthing i don't know...but the way he said IF...he wanted the red sox to lose...he's an assh o l e....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

McCarver and Buck being Cards fans 

at least makes sense considering their

history...hard to fault them for that. Sox

fans will just have understand and use that 

mute button

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to tomnev's comment:

McCarver and Buck being Cards fans 

at least makes sense considering their

history...hard to fault them for that. Sox

fans will just have understand and use that 

mute button

is there any way to delay the Internet Radio Feed so it will sync w/ the TV?  can you put it on pause for 5 seconds and then press play or will it just go "LIVE" ?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I think many who claim to turn off the audio are being a bit disingenuous to say the least. That is no way to watch a game. And , the radio broadcast does not sync with the telecast.  The perceived " bias " of the announcers is just your own self fulfilling prophecy. It is not apparent to objective viewers. This is not NESN. It is a national telecast. If there were any outpouring of criticism from neutral viewers and critics, these guys would not be used year after year. Fans have a certain amount of paranoia. That explains why Tigers fans think the announcers are favoring Boston. There is no more die hard Sox fan than me, and I think the announcers are being very objective and fair to both teams. As far as Fox Sports is concerned, it is all about ratings. Do you think they or their sponsors would tolerate biased or incompetent announcers? Do you really think they would prefer that Detroit advanced to the World Series ?  That would not make any sense. Think about it. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

I think many who claim to turn off the audio are being a bit disingenuous to say the least. That is no way to watch a game. And , the radio broadcast does not sync with the telecast.  The perceived " bias " of the announcers is just your own self fulfilling prophecy. It is not apparent to objective viewers. This is not NESN. It is a national telecast. If there were any outpouring of criticism from neutral viewers and critics, these guys would not be used year after year. Fans have a certain amount of paranoia. That explains why Tigers fans think the announcers are favoring Boston. There is no more die hard Sox fan than me, and I think the announcers are being very objective and fair to both teams. As far as Fox Sports is concerned, it is all about ratings. Do you think they or their sponsors would tolerate biased or incompetent announcers? Do you really think they would prefer that Detroit advanced to the World Series ?  That would not make any sense. Think about it. 

You are one of the more intelligent posters

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

I often mute the TV, too.  But not because anyone is favoring one side or another -- it's simply because I don't like to listen to a couple of guys yammer on during a ball game.  I like to think about what I like to think about during the game, and it's typically what's going on at that moment:  Why is that infielder moving over -- is a curve coming? That kind of thing.

But most TV announcers are too caught up in their "stats," or in their personalities, that they don't get to that level.  Also, they're being paid to talk, so talk they will.

Price Fielder comes up to bat -- I know he's in a slump. I don't need to see a chart that compares him with the worst post-season slumps over tha past 20 years -- that kind of thing.  I don't think that happened, but you get the idea.

All of this is why I can't take network guys at all, and why I only like listening to someone who's in the moment and knows what they're talking about, like Eck.

Otherwise, I'd rather listen to my own thoughts...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

MLB network has the game on right now...i'm going to watch and listen to it again...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:

MLB network has the game on right now...i'm going to watch and listen to it again...

Listen to Buck's terrific call of Shane's slam. Did he sound at all sad ?   Those who supposedly muted the sound, missed the call. I wonder if they put the audio back on for the outstanding post game show? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

You are one of the more intelligent posters

Thanks.

Sections
Shortcuts