Tim Tebow is a NE Patriot.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Tim Tebow is a NE Patriot.

Dont worry, I started talking about this with J-Bay on, of all threads, the "PRIDE" thread...

He could be very useful to the Pats. Hes a good athlete and versitile. BB loves those kind of guys.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Good deal. At least the Pats will give kid a real shot, we'll know if he can or can't play the pro game under Belichick's tutelage.

I hope the first TD the kid scores is against the NY Jets.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to ms_obstinate's comment:

I agree, Brady isn't going to be around forever. Under the right guidence Tebow has the potential to become the QB. By signing him now, it gives them a few years to get him in the mold of NE Patriot.

Im sure they will work with him at QB. IF he can become a good QB over time, bonus. But for now, I think they put him as a reciever.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

HE'S a versatile player and im sure BB already has many ideas about how to utilize him...

As always - 100% correct!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

I agree, Brady isn't going to be around forever. Under the right guidence Tebow has the potential to become the QB. By signing him now, it gives them a few years to get him in the mold of NE Patriot.

His mechanics are absolutely horrible. I suppose its possible for Brady and Belichick to turn him into a legitimate NFL QB over time. Right now his value is that he is a QB who can run the ball. Unfortunately, his accuracy passing it leaves much to be desired.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

[QUOTE]

His mechanics are absolutely horrible. I suppose its possible for Brady and Belichick to turn him into a legitimate NFL QB over time. Right now his value is that he is a QB who can run the ball. Unfortunately, his accuracy passing it leaves much to be desired.

[/QUOTE]

He can catch a ball too PG. I would bet they will use him at receiver too.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

I remember when the same was said about Jim Plunkett. Al Davis gave him his shot.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I walked in the house just after the announcement had been made on Felger and Mazz...at first I thought it was a joke..but I guess not..lol. I spent the next half hour laughing at Felger's antics. He is so happy about this he just may hyperventilate...lol

School is still out on this one. Tebow has to make it through training camp first. I did think it was interesting to learn that he is dyslexic. I am sure this make is tough for him to study the playbook and learn the plays..but you have to give him respect for trying to overcome it.

I suppose if any team can turn Tebow into a legit player..the Patriots can. I am also sure teenage girls all over NE are just giddy with this news..lol

" Above all..be the heroine in your life..not the victim" Nora Ephron

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

HE'S a versatile player and im sure BB already has many ideas about how to utilize him...

As always - 100% correct!

I think the kid has talent, I'm sure bill and the boys will help his game.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Interesting move and not all that surprising. If anyone can turn this guy into a state of the art NFL tactical weapon it's Belichick. (did i just type that?) It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

one thing for certain, there will no Big Top coming to town, Coach Belichick isn't one to allow media distractions so any Tebow sideshows will have to take place on his own time..Tebow better recognize real quick that the Pats are a machine and it's still #12's team....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

At first when I heard the news I was like...'huh?'.  The more I thought about it I realized that it could be a good to very good signing.  The kid is an absolute physical specimen.  I could really think of him doing great things in short yardage situations...( was getting VERY sick of seeing Woody in those situations) NOT as QB but as a FB/HB.  You also have to figure that whenever he is on the field the other team will always have "he might throw the ball" in their heads which could put a few people out of position.  Sure he comes with a circus.....but let's face it, if any team can control a circus it's the Pats with BB at the helm!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I still cannot believe that Tom Brady was the 6th round, 199th overall pick in the draft.  Cool

Six QBs were picked before Brady.  I'm sure all six of them are now flipping burgers at Five Guys.   LOL

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

he knows the entire NYJ playbook.  no surprise BB picked him up to pick his brain.  i will be surprised if he makes it out of training camp.

thanks for the inside info TT....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

I still cannot believe that Tom Brady was the 6th round, 199th overall pick in the draft.  Cool

Six QBs were picked before Brady.  I'm sure all six of them are now flipping burgers at Five Guys.   LOL

it happens.

Elway

Blackledge

Kelly

Eason

O'brien

Marino

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

it happens.

Elway

Blackledge

Kelly

Eason

O'brien

Marino

LOL..and every year i sent the Jets a silent thank-you card for that one..:-)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

he knows the entire NYJ playbook.  no surprise BB picked him up to pick his brain.  i will be surprised if he makes it out of training camp.

thanks for the inside info TT....

The Pats don't need inside info to beat the Jets. LOL

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

NY Giants = NY Yankees (winning Super Bowls and making the playoffs)

NY Jets = NY Mets (care more about making the front page of the NY Daily news)  LOL

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Dan Marino looks like the guy from Bay Watch and Knight Rider   LOL