Tim Wakefield a pro's, pro!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Re: Tim Wakefield a pro's, pro!

absolutely with you. Timmy was awesome last night. salty was funny. he said he'd like to see if he could get Tim to throw to his mitt.

rewind the tape to the beginning of the season when all the haters were all calling for him to be DFA'd..........now fast forward and with our top guys down he's been eating innings and keeping us in the running. Ya gotta love it man.

and the pinstrippahs lost last night which puts us now a half a game back. sweet.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

hey Beans, you should have typed this in invisible ink in case you know who stops by...Tongue out

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

jetes, are you sure your the origional one and only jete02fan????????oh wait...you are. I can tell by tongue. lol..Wink

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

Wake is a good soldier, always does whatever is asked of him.

You don't see too many people calling for his head right now. He's a nice insurance policy to have. He's a steal at $1.5 million plus incentives. Sure he's inconsistent at times, but eats a lot of innings and gets his share of wins, or keeps the team in a position to win more often than not.

Morning Jete, Hammah.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Wakefield a pro's, pro!:
    [QUOTE]jetes, are you sure your the origional one and only jete02fan????????oh wait...you are. I can tell by tongue. lol..
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]LOL..Morning big dawg, here we go again...what are you gonna do???...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lightningbrain. Show lightningbrain's posts

Wakefield is one of my favorite Red Sox of all the time I've been following the team (1980).  Sometimes fans complain about him and call for him to be replaced.  It's sort of easy to call for a better player at any given position, especially for a team like Boston with disproportionate resources.  For me, I want the Red Sox to win this year because I want to see Wakefield win, along with Youk, Papi, Tek, Pedroia, and others.  I woudn't really care to see the team go out and take the best players from all the teams who aren't from Boston and New York et al.  I appreciate a bunch of the players on this team and Wakefield is on top of that list.  2004, down two games to none, getting crushed in game three, Wake says put me in coach, we're going to need our 'pen rested in order to win four in a row.  Go Red Sox!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]Wake is a good soldier, always does whatever is asked of him. You don't see too many people calling for his head right now. He's a nice insurance policy to have. He's a steal at $1.5 million plus incentives. Sure he's inconsistent at times, but eats a lot of innings and gets his share of wins, or keeps the team in a position to win more often than not. Morning Jete, Hammah.
    Posted by MikeNagy[/QUOTE] Morning Mike, don't forget about his world-class potato salad :-)....he's definitely what's good about this game...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Career win number 198. 7 K's and only 1 walk. Yes, he gave up 9 hits, but very few were hit hard.
    He's the most durable pitcher the Sox have!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

morning Mike, Jetes!

as usual Mike your spot on. Jetes, you know what they say right, imitation is the best form of flattery.............now I wonder who jesseyerica could be....hmmmm

lightning, good post man.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

Wake is 5-3, has posted a 1.27 WHIP and has pitched 81.2 innings this season. And he's 8 wins away baby.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

A pro's pro ... nobody could argue with that.

Well, except ...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

You cannot stop Wake, only try to contain him...LOL...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]hey Beans, you should have typed this in invisible ink in case you know who stops by...
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

Moring Jete,
    Nah I'm not too concerned that Zac will remind me that I once compared Wake to Petitte (lol)...Then got my hat handed to me by one of my favorite yank fans after looking at the numbers...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]Wake is 5-3, has posted a 1.27 WHIP and has pitched 81.2 innings this season. And he's 8 wins away baby.
    Posted by NUSoxFan[/QUOTE]

i use to complain about wake taking up a spot in the rotation but given his current role, he is perfect...the best part for me is that ingrate Clemens wont be on our record book for wins...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Wakefield a pro's, pro! : Moring Jete, Nah I'm not too concerned that Zac will remind me that I once compared Wake to Petitte (lol)...Then got my hat handed to me by one of my favorite yank fans after looking at the numbers...
    Posted by Beantowne[/QUOTE]LOL..Beans, i didn't mean Zac, i was was talking about the president of the Wake/Ellsbury Fan Club..Sealed

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Wakefield a pro's, pro! : LOL..Beans, i didn't mean Zac, i was was talking about the president of the Wake/Ellsbury Fan Club..
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

I knew who you were refering too..our resident troll, one who I have on permanant ignore and find his "devils advocate" approach to be utterly boring and childish...

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]Career win number 198. 7 K's and only 1 walk. Yes, he gave up 9 hits, but very few were hit hard. He's the most durable pitcher the Sox have!
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

Some look at his high HR/9 rate and assume he is being hit hard all the time. Yes, he does have some long flyball outs as well as some line drive outs, but I really think he has more cheap hits allowed per IP than any other pitcher on this staff. Couple that with more than his share of inherited runners allowed to score, and he is doing much better than his respectable numbers show he is doing.

He's still in the top 5 on the team in starter ERA, top 3 in starter WHIP, and top 3 in IP/game started. He started as our 6th starter, yet some clowns still want better (more).

Pro's pro is actually an understatement.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]Only an imbeciledoesn't appreicate Wakefield.   It's the teenie-bopper dorks who expect All Star stats from their #4 or #5 pitcher. God bless, Wake. And Tek, for that matter. Both have played smaller, but very key roles this year.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

To think, there's actually one here on this board who continues to denounce Wake's contributions by attacking his name, age and physique.
    Sad.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Once again, when the chips are down, Wake comes through and gives the team a chance to win. He is really showing his value now that the starting rotation has been hit by the injury bug.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

Wake wouldn't die for his team...but he'll make the other guys die for their team..

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lightningbrain. Show lightningbrain's posts

Well said.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Wakefield a pro's, pro! : i use to complain about wake taking up a spot in the rotation but given his current role, he is perfect...the best part for me is that ingrate Clemens wont be on our record book for wins...
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

That 68 mph knuckler dances on the solar winds....All-Stars are surprised when they hit it...

Sections
Shortcuts