Tim Wakefield - Boston Red Sox Pitcher

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: Tim Wakefield - Boston Red Sox Pitcher

In Response to Re: Tim Wakefield - Boston Red Sox Pitcher:
    [QUOTE]In Response to  Re: Tim Wakefield - Boston Red Sox Pitcher : In Response to Re: Tim Wakefield - Boston Red Sox Pitcher : Just imagine if there was another Weiland sitting in the minors, and this guy was holding him up? Posted by moonslav59 LOL I'm glad you got a chuckle out of it; we need to laugh to stay healthy.  The point I was making was a serious one. This Sox system does not have many (if any) MLb ready starting pitchers in the minors, so the notion that "they" are being "held back" in utter nonsense. Last year we rushed Weiland to the majors and perhaps caused more harm than good to his development. Miller started out in AAA and walked the worl in April there. He turned it around in May, but was rushed to the majors too quickly and reverted back to the walk machine he has always been.  If we had all these wonder kids softy and others dream we have, why did we trade for Bedard? Why did Lackey stay in the rotation so long? @012 may hold more hope. Doubront could be healthy. Wilson might get a shot, but I still think Weiland and Ranaudo need more sharpening at the farm
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Sarcasm usually does make a serious point. Still funny.

Not having enough starting pitching not only taxes the bullpen, but causes ML players to be brought up before they are ready. Didn't theTigers immediately put Miller into games right after he was drafted? IMO that is a big part of the reason he has so much trouble now. The Sox need to find an answer to thier starting pitching, and not necessarily throw away pitchers who can effectively make it though games. If the market is not good for pitching right now, that makes it even more clear. I would hate for them to lose Wake, only to find out that he's needed during the season.

As for Softy, I'll never understand how people can hate a player so much they just lose sight of everything else. You'd think he knew him personally. If Wake does go, I won't miss the thousand or so threads he would have put up had he remained.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]well, it's not the coming back for a last season that bugs me. it's finding a catcher that can actually catch that knuckleball.
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

That's a good point, Hammah.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

I would hate for them to lose Wake, only to find out that he's needed during the season.

Trust me, Wakefield is bag of dohnuts and a phone call away at anytime during the season, for anyone stupid enough to call Paul Byrd for toilets and Wastefield for Beer.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]well, it's not the coming back for a last season that bugs me. it's finding a catcher that can actually catch that knuckleball.
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

We had one. Now he's playing for Detroit.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Imagine if we had VMart (C/1b/DH) and Berkman (LF) instead of CC.

The DH issue would be solved this year, and Wake would have had 2-3 more wins in 2011.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]Imagine if we had VMart (C/1b/DH) and Berkman (LF) instead of CC. The DH issue would be solved this year, and Wake would have had 2-3 more wins in 2011.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

do u hate Cy Young that much?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

How about this, Wakefield loses 20lbs, works out this offseason, and the Sox take a look at him.   If he does not drench the field with sweat after putting on his glove and waddling to the mound, then the Sox give him small money with incentives. 

But as of last season, he was out of shape, didn't make a single quality start down the stretch, and can no longer eat innings any more than any other piece of meat could. 

You cannot deny he is grossly out of shape.  Shame on him.  If he wants a deal he can start by working out once in awhile and losing that gut.  He sweats like brando just getting a drink of water.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Wakefield - Boston Red Sox Pitcher : do u hate Cy Young that much?
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

I could care less about the record and have said so many times. If Wake is with us next year, I hope he goes 4-4, but the team goes 12-6 in his starts rather than Wake going 15-15 and getting the record.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE] I would hate for them to lose Wake, only to find out that he's needed during the season. Trust me, Wakefield is bag of dohnuts and a phone call away at anytime during the season, for anyone stupid enough to call Paul Byrd for toilets and Wastefield for Beer.
    Posted by hankwilliams[/QUOTE]

I will soooo not miss these posts if he does go.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Wakefield - Boston Red Sox Pitcher : We had one. Now he's playing for Detroit.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

Correctomundo.