Tim Wakefield is now 9 wins away.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Tim Wakefield is now 9 wins away.

Wake's ERA should already be at about 3.25 to 3.50. He's had tough breaks, poor defense behind him and many of the inherited runners he left behind allowed to score. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

moon, i made references to Tito's lack of trust issues based on quotes he's made about him. I agree, Tito doesn't have to pick and choose right now. And if he did, it's likely he does seem to find a way to make Wake the odd man out. Again, we really don't know if there is some added influence due to the contracts laid out for guys like Lackey (Dice-K before him). By no means am I implying that Tim should be ahead of Lester, Buchholz or Beckett, but right now he's fourth on the depth chart. Would he be sixth if Lackey were pitching better and Aceves was throwing zeros? The best part of this whole thing is that by Tim throwing extremely well, Tito loses his choices. It's a win-win for Sox

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

interesting fact today, there is no one at the game today who was alive when Wakefield played for Pittsburgh. Now that is old.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Wakefield is now 9 wins away.:
    [QUOTE]interesting fact today, there is no one at the game today who was alive when Wakefield played for Pittsburgh. Now that is old.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Interesting fact: You are dead from the neck up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

I thought Wastefield pitched the same as always. Even when the results are marginal, he looks terrible. He's not a pitcher, he's an old side show.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]I thought Wastefield pitched the same as always. Even when the results are marginal, he looks terrible. He's not a pitcher, he's an old side show.
    Posted by betterredthandead[/QUOTE]

Same thought crossed my mind...but not about Wake.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

I'm cracking up; usually Softy's the comedian, but you've outdone him today.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcjcjcjc. Show jcjcjcjc's posts

If tim ( I pitched during the American Revolution ) wakefield can pitch for another 300-375 more years.. he has an outside chance of getting 9 more wins! That would give him his personal win total past Clemons', The Boston Red Sox team record during that span would be something like 16 wins & 736 losses!
    wakefield's last 35 starts... 9 wins... 19 losses... wakefield's last 56 games.. Red Sox team record.. 16 wins... 40 losses! Its wakefieldgate VIII... & it makes me sick!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

I say Wake breaks the record in 2014.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]I say Wake breaks the record in 2014.
    Posted by PaulLaCourse[/QUOTE]

You now qualify as a desirable Softee Free Agent.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcjcjcjc. Show jcjcjcjc's posts

Boston Globe " headlines " July 28th, 6018. President G.W. Bush LLLLLMMMVII ( The 229th President of The United States ) has declared " Mission Accomplished " and is withdrawing American troops from Mars! Other " headlines ' tim ( who is believed to have pitched to George Washington before he cut down his " Cherry Tree " )... picked up win # 194.. that surpasses Clemons' & Cy Young in all time Boston Red Sox wins! wakefield's win .. loss record is 194 wins... 1,459 losses! wakefield is under contract for next year!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcjcjcjc. Show jcjcjcjc's posts

I have news for you... wakefield has you & quite a large number of easily lead fans.. " brain washed "! The Disney thing... charity.. bunch of crap.. this guy is all about his own numbers! you must be a republican.( you are to easily mis-lead )

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Wakefield is now 9 wins away. : You now qualify as a desirable Softee Free Agent. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDXL90KXPHQ
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

I do hope he is declaring his taxes.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Wakefield is now 9 wins away. : I do hope he is declaring his taxes.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

If not, does that mean there could be a delayed surcharge to all those thick shakes I had as a kid?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Wastefield's being given 6 days or more between his few starts. I want him to take the ball every 5 days, for several starts in a row. That would be the final chapter on Tim Wakefield, but they are going to keep nursing him along in his wheelchair. 4.54 ERA is simply allocating the innings to the wrong guy. Go with the young talent, Aceves, Miller, Doubrant, Bowden, and hold a gold watch ceremony for the oldest player in MLB. Give Wastefield a northern pike fishing show, with Yaz, and give him a lifetime supply of Billy Beer.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Wastefield's being given 6 days or more between his few starts. I want him to take the ball every 5 days, for several starts in a row. That would be the final chapter on Tim Wakefield, but they are going to keep nursing him along in his wheelchair. 4.54 ERA is simply allocating the innings to the wrong guy. Go with the young talent, Aceves, Miller, Doubrant, Bowden, and hold a gold watch ceremony for the oldest player in MLB. Give Wastefield a northern pike fishing show, with Yaz, and give him a lifetime supply of Billy Beer.

If nothing else, he does give you good material.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

I like Tim Wakefield, the person, but I disdain Tim Wastefield the popular over the hill baseball player. In the rotation is absurd.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]I like Tim Wakefield, the person, but I disdain Tim Wastefield the popular over the hill baseball player. In the rotation is absurd.

Sorry, I don't agree. Unless you think, as a Yankee fan, I want to sabotage the RS by cheering on his continued starting assignments.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]Wastefield's being given 6 days or more between his few starts. I want him to take the ball every 5 days, for several starts in a row. That would be the final chapter on Tim Wakefield, but they are going to keep nursing him along in his wheelchair. 4.54 ERA is simply allocating the innings to the wrong guy. Go with the young talent, Aceves, Miller, Doubrant, Bowden,and hold a gold watch ceremony for the oldest player in MLB. Give Wastefield a northern pike fishing show, with Yaz, and give him a lifetime supply of Billy Beer.

I believe Doubront had his chance last year. He couldn't get thru the 5th in either start.
    Bowden is a reliever partly because he can't cut it as a starter.
    Aceves has a higher ERA as a starter and is perceived more valuable out of the pen.
    Wake is not blocking Miller. Miller is in the rotation...for now.

As for popularity, that is due to the fact Wake has been able to compete under the toughest circumstances for 15 years. See, some fans appreciate such longevity.
    Few have ever done it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

2 starts means Wastefield waddle act continues? I don't think so! The time should go to the younger players, who can do no worse over the big sample than Tim Wastefield's home run service.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Wastefield waddle act is what you see in the mirror daily:
    A dumpy, balding little man who hits those nasty stationary golf balls on Sundays.

The real Tim Wakefield pitches for the Boston RedSox.
    In a hitters venue.
    In the toughest division on the planet.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

I have a 31 inch waist and a full head of hair.

What you see in the mirror, daily, is a paunched and balding man who is living off of the property of other people.

The real Tim Wastefield is the home run service for the Red Sox, pitching batting practice to the opposing team.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]I have a 31 inch waist and a full head of hair. What you see in the mirror, daily, is a paunched and balding man who is living off of the property of other people. The real Tim Wastefield is the home run service for the Red Sox, pitching batting practice to the opposing team.

Does this homerun service take credit cards, or is it cash only? 

This circus thread is the greatest blog on earth; which doesn't say very much for me.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Tim Wastefield takes debit cards, but not credit cards. He has 12 adopted children to look after.

Some trivia:

Who got the final strike out in the 1918 World Series?

That's right, Tim Wastefield.

I guarantee the Yankee fans would pay to keep Wastefield on the Red Sox roster.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Tim Wastefield takes debit cards, but not credit cards. He has 12 adopted children to look after. Some trivia: Who got the final strike out in the 1918 World Series? That's right, Tim Wastefield. I guarantee the Yankee fans would pay to keep Wastefield on the Red Sox roster.

Even the great comedians, occasionally have a dud.