Tim Wakefield is now 9 wins away.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bettersoftthanlaw. Show bettersoftthanlaw's posts

Re: Tim Wakefield is now 9 wins away.

In Response to Re: Tim Wakefield is now 9 wins away.:
    [QUOTE]danny, go back to day one this year... Again, the Sox 2011 starter numbers: 1) Beckett    0.929 WHIP/2.20 ERA (6.5 IP/GS: 98 IP/15 starts) 2) Wakefield  1.214 WHIP/ 4.50 ERA (6.2: 56 IP/9 starts) 3) Lester       1.287 WHIP/3.66 ERA (6.5: 103.1 IP/16 starts) 4) Buchholtz  1.294 WHIP/ 3.48 ERA (5.8: 82.2 IP/14 starts) 5) Dice-K      1.404 WHIP/ 4.95 ERA (5.2: 36.1 IP/7 starts) 6) Miller        1.457 WHIP/ 3.09 ERA (5.9: 11.2 IP/2 starts) 7) Aceves     1.571 WHIP/5.14 ERA  (5.3: 21 IP/4 starts) 8) Lackey     1.604 WHIP/ 7.36 ERA (5.7:62.1 IP/11 starts)  
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]
    Why did you not arrange those pitchers by ERA? You can try to hide his near-five ERA all you like, but the fact is that Wastefield is the least deserving starting pitcher on that list.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Because I believe Moony is a WHIP/OBP guy, it wasn't intentional. The only point regarding Wakefield that I agree with you on is the homerun service; otherwise, I don't understand your vendetta against him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bettersoftthanlaw. Show bettersoftthanlaw's posts

[QUOTE]Because I believe Moony is a WHIP/OBP guy, it wasn't intentional. The only point regarding Wakefield that I agree with you on is the homerun service ; otherwise, I don't understand your vendetta against him.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]
    Leave it to a Yankees fan to not understand why the sky is blue.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Wakefield is now 9 wins away. : Leave it to a Yankees fan to not understand why the sky is blue.
    Posted by bettersoftthanlaw[/QUOTE]

Hmmmmm, I haven't seen YourEcho lately.....

It' sounds like you & Babe going to the wire for the Ban award; that was a deodorant yrs ago and now serves a double but similar purpose.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]It's a 4 story doghouse with permits pending for expansions.

This could result in excessive taxation, which means he's have to investigate local tax corruption in his own neighborhood.

This conflict of interest may allow one of his whipping boys some free reign.
    Perhaps Jake, once he's an all-star.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxcorpseman. Show redsoxcorpseman's posts

Marquis Grissom was an All-Star, but he desserved it as he was a far superior player. If Ellsbury is an All-Star, he's a Wakefield All-Star. Juan Pierre deserved to be an All-Star more than Ellsbury. 

I thought Ellsbury was sensational, tonight.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Wakefield is now 9 wins away. : This could result in excessive taxation, which means he's have to investigate local tax corruption in his own neighborhood. This conflict of interest may allow one of his whipping boys some free reign. Perhaps Jake, once he's an all-star.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

Warning; you may become the final solution to the Wakefield problem.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

The only Wakefield problemis the magnifying glass from the human disappearing act.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Why did you not arrange those pitchers by ERA? You can try to hide his near-five ERA all you like, but the fact is that Wastefield is the least deserving starting pitcher on that list.

I have always valued WHIP more than ERA and long before Wake began having low WHIP seasons (2008). I wasn't the first to use WHIP to judge Wake by; ironically, it was the stat softy chose to bash him a while ago, before he bothered to look at the numbers.

It appears that "bettersofthanlaw" has the same blindspot softy has: he doesn't bother to look at the numbers before he spews misinformation. Look at the starting ERAs of all our starters and Wake is still top 5...

1) Beckett    2.20
    2) Miller         3.09 (small sample size)
    3) Buchholtz  3.48
    4) Lester        3.66
    5) Wakefield  4.50
    6) Dice-K        4.95 (not an option anymore)
    7) Aceves       5.14
    8) Lackey        6.81

How about looking at opponents OPS against (as starter):
    1) Beckett  .518
    2) Dice-K    .646
    3) Wake     .702
    4) Buch      .706
    5) Aceves  .713
    6) Miller      .731
    7) Lester    .734
    8) Lackey   .843 (before tonight)

Overall numbers (OPS against with 50+ PAs)
    1) Beck    .518
    2) Bard     .534
    3) Albers .605
    4) Paps   .656
    5) Dice    .664
    6) Acev  .678
    7) Buch  .706
    8) Wake  .725 (counting relief)
    9) Miller  .731 (53 PAs)
    10) Lest  .734
    11) Atch  .804
    12) Whee .806
    13) Lack   .843 (Before tonight)
    14) Jenks .853

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]The only Wakefield problem is the magnifying glass from the human disappearing act.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

This was excerpted from a post of his this AM; it sounds like he may have retained some buzzwords from Heidegger.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

"...he's a Wakefield All-Star..."

That's a compliment.

Wake was 10-3 on June 27th, 2009. The team was 11-3 in his starts (4.18 ERA). Only Beckett had slightly better numbers as a starter.

By July 8th, he was 11-3 (4.31).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Burrito used Nazi's on his thread. Notice how both Burrito and Softlaw (now known as bettersoftthanlaw) cling to this subject matter.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Pathetic fact; 9 wins away from when this thread started; 9 pages of who knows what content (including me); and he's still 9 wins away; and given the speed these pages of gobbledygook were generated, Koufax would probably still be 9 wins away

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxcorpseman. Show redsoxcorpseman's posts

No, that's not a compliment.

Yes, Harness, Burrito and I are living in South America and working for the SS. One of our first projects was to capture Che, who was never killed, and had a pair of floppy ear transplants with other plastic surgery and escaped to Chicago and ran for Senate. We are closing in on him though, with our fellow corpsemen.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Sounds like a movie I once saw.
    Perhaps it was BOYS IN BRAZIL.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]No, that's not a compliment. Yes, Harness, Burrito and I are living in South America and working for the SS. One of our first projects was to capture Che, who was never killed, and had a pair of floppy ear transplants with other plastic surgery and escaped to Chicago and ran for Senate. We are closing in on him though, with our fellow corpsemen.  
    Posted by redsoxcorpseman[/QUOTE]

I'm not buying it. Che is dead; movies never lie. That goes for Carlos the jackal too, although in his case it's only a life sentence. (Speaking of movies) And all this time I thought you were responsible for the remastering of Triumph of the Will. Leave it to the SS to keep mixing up roles, take advantage of South American countries, and infiltrate the Chicago mob and political machine all in one fell swoop..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I heard harness thought Josh Beckett was useless without Tek... that's what I read anyway.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

You can hear what I think? What am I thinking now?
    Better block UR ears.
    What you read, which is admittedly skimming in many cases, what you comprehend from this skimming, and what you post are all on completely different planes.

Kinda like the plane you took a few years back...that ended up landing in Cambodia.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Actually it ended up in Singapore (after a month in Argentina) at which time I marked out a trip to Laos, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, and Mongolia.  

Next trip is marked for 2012 (September I think) to Turkey, Greece, and perhaps Bulgaria.  

Now if you could only get your passport stamped every time you left your state you might catch up in ten years bozo.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Burr, ever been to Hong Kong or New Zealand? One of my 5 sisters has lived there for the last 21 years. I'm thinking of making a trip yonder way. Any suggestions?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcjcjcjc. Show jcjcjcjc's posts

moon; I have a suggestion for you when you travel to Hong Kong or New Zealand... take wakefield with you!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]Actually it ended up in Singapore (after a month in Argentina) at which time I marked out a trip to Laos, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, and Mongolia.   Next trip is marked for 2012 (September I think) to Turkey, Greece, and perhaps Bulgaria.   Now if you could only get your passport stamped every time you left your state you might catch up in ten years bozo.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

I've bounced off each coast more than you could possibly imagine, dimwit.
    But I tend to support my own country. RU still allowed back into yours?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]Burr, ever been to Hong Kong or New Zealand? One of my 5 sisters has lived there for the last 21 years. I'm thinking of making a trip yonder way. Any suggestions?

I've got a real good one, if you ever meet up with "burr".

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I'm sure it is something pretty bad.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Why Moon, how could you think such a thing?
    BTW: Will you take a bribe to avoid attending the games in Houston?