Tim Wakefield is now 9 wins away.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Tim Wakefield is now 9 wins away.

I'm sure it is something pretty bad.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Why Moon, how could you think such a thing?
    BTW: Will you take a bribe to avoid attending the games in Houston?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I'm in Maine now. Sadly, I missed the Houston series.

(I missed today's game in Philly, but saw the first 2 losses.)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Wakefield is now 9 wins away.:
    [QUOTE]I'm in Maine now. Sadly, I missed the Houston series. (I missed today's game in Philly, but saw the first 2 losses.)
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Ya know, all kidding aside, I really think there's something to this.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Wakefield is now 9 wins away. : I've got a real good one, if you ever meet up with "burr".
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

Finally, he got smart. He's leaving us "BZZZZZZ" alone. (Before he was actually chasing me from thread to thread to give me pot shots)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Shut up stephanie, nobody chases you, nobody. Maybe if you did not post on every thread I would have some place to go without running into your lamo act.

moonslav59 I have been to neither place. If your looking for scenic than NZ is obviously a great destination. I recommend Northern Vietnam, but I can't see where you wouldn't be able to find similar and equally tremendous experiences in China.

Yangshuo - try googling images of that province. That is Asia to me... if that appeals to you.  Just going to Hong Kong won't be enough I can promise you that, branch out.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Take a train or a bus... forget flying. You will have some wonderful and baffling experiences all in one trip.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Shut up stephanie, nobody chases you, nobody. Maybe if you did not post on every thread I would have some place to go without running into your lamo act. moonslav59 I have been to neither place. If your looking for scenic than NZ is obviously a great destination. I recommend Northern Vietnam, but I can't see where you wouldn't be able to find similar and equally tremendous experiences in China. Yangshuo - try googling images of that province. That is Asia to me... if that appeals to you.  Just going to Hong Kong won't be enough I can promise you that, branch out.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

BS. I start a thread, you post on it, usually with something like "Go AWAY Yankee Fan". Also, you post on far more threads than me. And referring to my name in the fairer gender says something about your mental state; not that I personally needed to have this information. Then again, maybe you've never talked to a woman. If you want to start by pretending I'm one that's fine, I'll go along with it. I'm always glad to help out.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Don't interfere with my side posting career - travel advisory.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Sounds like a threat, something you've accused others of. Go see a shrink.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I am giving moon travel advice and you make it into "a threat"

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]I am giving moon travel advice and you make it into "a threat"

OK, I misunderstood. Perhaps the only time you'll hear this, I apologize. You need to go to name calling school, however.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I always try to dumb down my name calling..... the other day was a misstep only because I never use such harsh terms on this forum, I let it get to me.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]I always try to dumb down my name calling..... the other day was a misstep only because I never use such harsh terms on this forum, I let it get to me.

I figured that. Of course, nobody would use such harsh terms without repercussions, so I wouldn't exactly call that an elective decision. And name calling, no matter how bland, is generally frowned upon.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

My sister also recommended Northern Vietnam. I want to see a few spots in Asia. Thanks for the help.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion%3a8a9e31d9-f0d2-4974-b28e-f707110b77e4&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion:8a9e31d9-f0d2-4974-b28e-f707110b77e4Post:9e83f029-03a9-43f9-9886-4caec1977b65">Re: Tim Wakefield is now 9 wins away.:
    I'm in Maine now. Sadly, I missed the Houston series. (I missed today's game in Philly, but saw the first 2 losses.)
    Posted by moonslav59

Ya know, all kidding aside, I really think there's something to this.

Tell me about it.

1-4 in games I saw in Pitt and Philly: 1-0 the game I missed.

Back to Wake: mark my words, if Wake has a bad game tonight, he might be back as the 6th starter.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion%3a8a9e31d9-f0d2-4974-b28e-f707110b77e4&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion:8a9e31d9-f0d2-4974-b28e-f707110b77e4Post:9e83f029-03a9-43f9-9886-4caec1977b65 " /> Re: Tim Wakefield is now 9 wins away. : I'm in Maine now. Sadly, I missed the Houston series. ( I missed today's game in Philly, but saw the first 2 losses.) Posted by moonslav59 Ya know, all kidding aside, I really think there's something to this. Tell me about it. 1-4 in games I saw in Pitt and Philly: 1-0 the game I missed. Back to Wake: mark my words, if Wake has a bad game tonight, he might be back as the 6th starter.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

UR probably right, Moon. I think Buch's return will ensure Wake's demotion.
    But this year, pitching health is a major concern, so any demotion could be short-lived.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The starter numbers:

ERA (staff 4.03):
    1) Beck  2.20 (98 IP/15 GS)
    2) Miller 3.09 (11.2/2)
    3) Lest   3.43 (110.1/17)
    4) Buch  3.48 (82.2/14)
    5) Wake 4.84 (61.1/10)
    6) Dice    4.95 (36.1/7)
    7) Acev   5.14 (21/4)
    8) Lack    6.81 (70/12)

WHIP (staff 1.270):
    1) Beck  0.929
    2) Lest   1.242
    3) Wake 1.288
    4) Buch  1.294
    5) Dice   1.404
    6) Miller 1.457
    7) Lack  1.557
    8) Acev  1.571

If you combine the placements above, our top performing starters so far this year are:
    1) Beckett  1.0
    2) Lester     2.5
    3T) Wake    4.0
    3T) Buch     4.0
    3T) Miller    4.0
    6) Dice-K    5.5
    7T) Acev     7.5
    7T) Lack     7.5

Wake's numbers are worthy of staying in the rotation. He has also had a higher percentage of his inhereited runners allowed to score than any other starter on the team.

I don't have any data to support this claim, but I have watched every Sox game and it seems like Wake has had more "cheap hits" that have resulted in earned runs scored. Drew's dropped fly ball, Jacoby's poor route to a fly ball, Youk's bobbled grounder, an HR that Drew perhaps could have caught had he played it differently, and more. I know every pitcher has several "what ifs" over a season, but it seems like Wake has had more than his "share".

Also, look at innings per start and who saves the pen:
    1) Beck  6.53 (98 IP/15 GS)
    2) Lest   6.49 (110.1/17)
    3) Wake 6.13 (61.1/10)
    4) Buch  5.91 (82.2/14
    5) Miller  5.84 (11.2/2)
    6) Lack   5.83  (70/12)
    7) Acev   5.25 (21/4)
    8) Dice    5.19 (36.1/7)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

i don't know anytime in Wake's career as a starter where didn't have some mediocre starts, but then we can say that about virtually every pitcher. I think he deserves better than to be shut out of the rotation based on his last few starts. To me, his next start will be a brilliant one, but that's just going off of his history. He tends to throw stretches of 6 to 7 great starts with a few not so good starts, and maybe even one terrible start. Here again was proof positive that if you hold a team to 5 runs or less in your starts, the Sox can win a game. It's been more difficult since interleague play for Boston. However, if you keep your team in the game, good things happen.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Weird stat of the day, or sign it's time to retire: JD Drew had the "worst" OBP of the eight field starters v. Houston Friday.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

And OBP has always been his "saving grace".

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

danny, I ahted to see it happen, but Wake did have 2 not-so-good starts. What do you think of my earlier projection that Tito would demote Wake after 2 bad starts?

1) Miller is Theo's wonderboy.
    2) Lackey pitched one good game and now is suddenly more reliable than Wake.

I think they may keep Buch out until after the allstar break, so Miller and Lackey will get 2 more starts and Wake one, before the break.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

How many games away now? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

[QUOTE]Take a train or a bus... forget flying. You will have some wonderful and baffling experiences all in one trip.

Is that a flying ninja I see in that photo?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxcorpseman. Show redsoxcorpseman's posts

He has a 4.82 ERA, which is a run higher than the league average

He is Tim Wakefield, a tenured professor of goofballology.