Tim Wakefield Still Awaiting Red Sox Contract Offer

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Tim Wakefield Still Awaiting Red Sox Contract Offer

Do you offer him a contract or not? One of the greatest Red Sox citizens since Moses. Pure class act, according to the NYT and other definitive authorities on character.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Tim Wakefield Still Awaiting Red Sox Contract Offer

I HEARD THAT HE HAS HAD ABOUT 15 OR SO OFFERS........  ALL BARROOM SOFTBALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Tim is holding out for top dollar, and will stay in shape by playing T-Ball.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LB34. Show LB34's posts

Tim can come off the couch at a moments notice to make starts down the stretch after the starting pitching gets decimated with injury by August. Like the Vinny Testa of baseball. He will win 5 games in 8 starts with a mid 4 era

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

So, the same guys that voted VTek down and were praised by mr. hanky,  want Mr. Potato Salad back!

hmmm....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Wakefield Still Awaiting Red Sox Contract Offer:
    Tim is holding out for top dollar, and will stay in shape by playing T-Ball.
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr

I dont think top dollar does it.  Im pretty sure he wants an entire 5 dollar bill.

Too much.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

He will win 5 games in 8 starts with a mid 4 era

That will not happen, despite your pipe dream wish.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Pretty clear that even this droning Board does not want Wakefield back on a major league contract. Subtract the votes of the poster who is begging for a Red Sox million dollar plus offer to Wastefield, and there are only a few unhinged nut cases who want another welfare contract extended for circus act Timmy T-Ball.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Pretty clear that even this droning Board does not want Wakefield back on a major league contract. Subtract the votes of the poster who is begging for a Red Sox million dollar plus offer to Wastefield, and there are only a few unhinged nut cases who want another welfare contract extended for circus act Timmy T-Ball.
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr
       SO SOFTY, TELL US HOW YOU REALLY FEEL !!!!!!!  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

This is bordering on an unhealthy obsession with a guy who has a pretty good history here and who likely will not be back.  Move on already! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Spin it, softy, SPIN IT!!  LOL
    At first the question was whether or not the fans want him back in a player contract.  Now, since you didn't get the results you wanted you've spun it to be that fans don't want him back on a MAJOR LEAGUE contract. 

Everyone who has any life experiences knows that you NEVER put something out to an unnecessary vote when you might not like the results - because THEN you're stuck with the results!!

My advice:  Keep opening the thread and keep clicking on "No" until you finally prove yourself "right."  

ROFLMAOOOO

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

I can't believe he hasn't signed elsewhere, given his agent's belief that he would be a 15 game winner in the NL.

chirp  chirp  chirp

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Last year at this time the forum was responding to some fool who predicted that Gonzalez would not sign.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxyjim. Show soxyjim's posts

i dont think there is a spot for tim.he is a great person with all of his charity
    work and all but its time to move on.i would like to see him stick around the
    sox as some kind of a good will ambassator.he could do all sorts of things
    for people as he represents the sox and mlb.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjnmjn. Show mjnmjn's posts

I think you sign Wake and begin the year with him until/unless one of the questionable singings (Cook, Silva, etc.) prove they are better than Wake. Wake has a demonstrated ability to eat innings and can pitch in the AL East. He has certainly lost a lot of his edge over the years, but he is far more proven than the others currently in the fold. He is a low cost signing that the Sox could release at any time in the season. Of all the chum that the Sox have on board at the moment, Wake appears to be the best place holder until Dice K attemps his comeback.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

Posted by hankwilliamsjr

Is it so hard to show a little respect to a guy who has made multiple contributions on and off the field to this team.  Just because he isn't an ace at 45 years old.  I know, he said he wanted to come back so the fans can see him break the record.  What a horrible person, he wants to come back and thinks some fans might want to see him knock Roger Clemens off the wins record and he admitted it.  I guess he should be executed.  I'm sure he's better at his job than whatever you do in your pathetic life or you wouldn't spend so much time posting this cr@p. For the most part people aren't exactly screaming for him to be resigned, you're the main one bringing it up again and again.  If the redsox had a starter who could have done better last year, they would have used him.  If you don't agree with this you are even less intelligent than your repetitive posts make you seem.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

He will win 5 games in 8 starts with a mid 4 era That will not happen, despite your pipe dream wish.
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr

If the Red Sox score ten  runs a game it will. 

Seriously, Wakefield should let reality set and and understand it's time to retire or give the NL one year because they don't know his stuff, because even in the NL they'll figure him out. 

"It's time to retire Tim"

Hetchinspete.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

I HEARD THAT HE HAS HAD ABOUT 15 OR SO OFFERS........  ALL BARROOM SOFTBALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by Bill-806

A slow pitch QB in Arena League Foooooozball.

Just kidding of course. Wakefield gets my respect for time served but all athletes have to come to the realization that at some point retirement is the only option. Whether Tim has reached that time only time will tell. If he's unsigned by the opening day I would think the writing is on the wall if no one has shown interest. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

First: 5/3/2009
    Last: 1/10/2012

I can't believe he hasn't signed elsewhere, given his agent's belief that he would be a 15 game winner in the NL.

chirp  chirp  chirp

Yes, a player that wins 15 games would be about a 20 million dollar a year value to a team. Of course, there isn't a single team in MLB who will offer more than a minor league contract to a 45 year old 5 plus for over 2 years beer gut profile.

I love the results of this poll. Only a few sentimental nut cases want Wakefield back on any basis but a minor league contract basis.

No one on this board "predicted AGon would not sign".

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bunts. Show Bunts's posts

So, not knowing who would get pushed off the 40 man if he was on the 25 man roster come spring ... I'd like the following scenario to play out. offer him a minor league contract and invite to ST. During ST one of the following happens ... he looks decent and get added to the roster, he gets "tweaked" and goes on extended ST or he realizes he's done and retires a Sox. Given that Cook and Silva can assumingly be stashed in Pawtucket until May / June (and btw, you can criticize Wake as much as you want, but no one can tell me either of these guys has been any better then him these last 2 years) I just think Wake is no worse an answer as long as he's willing to "retire" or be "DL'd" if he struggles.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from coachzap. Show coachzap's posts

Your act is so old and so dull. Tell me you have a looooooong vacation coming up.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

Turn out the lights ....wakes party is over.....time to move on and try a pitcher just a lil younger and better....if there isnt anyone better in the farm system, blow it up and start over...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

I'd offer him a non-guarrateed contract.  But they can't use him like the did last year.  That was too much.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

As long as they can park Wastefield in AAA, as many times as they want, there is nothing wrong with a minor league deal. But under no circumstances should be a part of the active roster unless all the other younger options get hurt or fail miserable over a couple of months or more.  

Sections
Shortcuts