TIM WAKEFIELD TO WIN 15 GAMES SOMEWHERE..... PLEASE MR. AGENT.......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

TIM WAKEFIELD TO WIN 15 GAMES SOMEWHERE..... PLEASE MR. AGENT.......

SPARE ME/US.......  JUST GO HOME, PLEASE !!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

Re: TIM WAKEFIELD TO WIN 15 GAMES SOMEWHERE..... PLEASE MR. AGENT.......

lmao....REALLY....Dear Mr Agent can I try some of what your smoking.  sincerely

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ArtWikle. Show ArtWikle's posts

Wake had 23 starts and won 5 of them. How many of the other 18 did the Sox lose. Thanks Tim for 17 years. It is time to move on. Go back to the NL and win 15. Why couldnt you do that for the Sox

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I heard a report on a news program that he wants to return to the Red Sox.  Not sure who it was but they don't believe the Red Sox will resign him, (either NESN or Comcast).  I also hope that he doesn't return to the Red Sox next season. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Take Wastefield outside behind the barn and shoot him. Don't offer him a stall and another 3 or 4 million! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Wakefield badly damaged his brand this year and it was at the end of its rope even if they had won the World Series this year.  His selfish plans that he revealed conclusively ended his career in Boston.  He had a great ride and still would not go gracefully. Bye Tim.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Wakefield badly damaged his brand this year and it was at the end of its rope even if they had won the World Series this year. His selfish plans that he revealed conclusively ended his career in Boston. He had a great ride and still would not go gracefully. Bye Tim

Perfectly articulated! And you can bet that Wastefield's agent's public begging means that Cherington and Luchino have yet to show any interest in another Wakefield ceremonial tour fiasco. You know, where he smiles after giving up a grand slam and breaking some obscure been around to long milestone. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Arodswallows. Show Arodswallows's posts

sadly, he still is the best option for 5th spot, unless...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

But, but....  Tim was our best pitcher in September and he only had occasional problems because the catcher screwed him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I'm pretty pleased with his contributions to the Sox, including the two rings he helped the team secure. All this is another hate thread on him. It's pretty sad too. You would think you would want to have a guy who bleeds Sox colors, even if it is in a "hybrid" role or not as a full-time SP.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

When we think about Ortiz staying on a new 2-3 year deal thinking hey "he will know when to hang it up and retire in a Sox uniform," I only look at Wake and Tek and think "no he won't".

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: TIM WAKEFIELD TO WIN 15 GAMES SOMEWHERE..... PLEASE MR. AGENT.......:
    [QUOTE]I'm pretty pleased with his contributions to the Sox, including the two rings he helped the team secure. All this is another hate thread on him. It's pretty sad too. You would think you would want to have a guy who bleeds Sox colors, even if it is in a "hybrid" role or not as a full-time SP.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

I completely agree.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

It is time for youth to be served in Wake's situation. LL should not offer him a contract. Exact situation for Varitek. Guys, it really is time to move on. Both great Red Sox players who have been part of two WS wins, but we need to move on. Just look at Posada with the Yankees and see the comparison. Every player reaches a point a which the productivity does not match current team needs and certainly Wake and Tek are at that point.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Come on---let's sign everybody--let's go back to the way things were the last couple of years that we finished third...bring all the boy's back for one last hurrah.

I'm sorry Pap is gone, Drew is gone, Tek, Wake and Papi? --will be gone--let's have a 10 th or a 25 th reunion down the road--It's time to make some changes.

The Pirates need pitching and Wake would be going home---they could use a 15 game winner.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

Love Wake as a person. But at best a spot starter, mop up relief pitcher these days. Lots of guys in minors could give us a 5.78 era next year, trying to get 15 wins from that is somewhat amazing.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Does bringing Wake back make the Sox better?

And if so, in what way?

I didn't see much from him.  Forget the stats, saying he was the least pathetic in any range of games is not an endorsement.   He is out of shape, and can no longer eat innings ... unless you mean that literally (burp).  

Great guy, a true Red Sox ... but time to hang 'em up.   That waddle and gut he sports show how committed he really is to the team.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkny2003. Show hawkny2003's posts

Ben, it is time to forget deploying knuckleball pitchers on the roster.  With young catchers taking over, Wakefield's delivery, for instance, is simply too stressful an endeavor and requires too much preparation, to have value, over the course of a 162 game season.  

It is also time to move away from employing DH's who do not serve a purpose, in the field.   David Ortiz has had some wonderful seasons as Boston's DH, but his lack of or unwillingness to play in the OF or 1B costs the team .5 of a roster slot.  All be it a minor consideration, having a roster of 24.5 players versus 25 players, over a 162 game schedule against top teams in MLB, has place the club at a disadvantage. It is time to move on so as to deploy the DH slot in a more flexible way. 

Lastly, it is time to do away with the notion that a starting pitcher is entitled to "chose" which catcher will be "his" designated catcher.  Yes, I am thinking of Beckett, spefically as it concerns the need for 40-year old Jason Veritek to catch him.  This is hokum. Beckett should not be treated differently than any other starter on the team. Veritek should go. He is simply too old.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

More important, if Beckett is only going to pitch 5.5 innings every 5th day it makes it even more irelevant who his catcher is.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: TIM WAKEFIELD TO WIN 15 GAMES SOMEWHERE..... PLEASE MR. AGENT.......:
    [QUOTE]I'm pretty pleased with his contributions to the Sox, including the two rings he helped the team secure. All this is another hate thread on him. It's pretty sad too. You would think you would want to have a guy who bleeds Sox colors, even if it is in a "hybrid" role or not as a full-time SP.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]DANNYBOY...... AS DAD WOULD SAY....."SON,  NEVER LET FACTS GET IN THE WAY OF THE HATE CARD" !!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Wakefield's agent is stealing Scott Boras's tactics!!!  Wakefield will win 15 games in the Japan League!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]Wake had 23 starts and won 5 of them. How many of the other 18 did the Sox lose. Thanks Tim for 17 years. It is time to move on. Go back to the NL and win 15. Why couldnt you do that for the Sox
    Posted by ArtWikle[/QUOTE]

He won 7. And how many of those starts were lost to the BP, when he left the game with the lead? Or lost by a catcher who couldn't catch a 68 MPH pitch?
    Pathetic.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Wake wouldnt win 15 games in a co-ed slo-pitch softball league...what arrogance - I hope Ben doesn't even consider this for one second....times up....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Boston.com is running a poll about this...

Last I checked it was 70% against him returning...

...I think the fans believe it is time for Wake to move on! Something I believed was necessary since 2008.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]Wake wouldnt win 15 games in a co-ed slo-pitch softball league...what arrogance - I hope Ben doesn't even consider this for one second....times up....
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]  HOW ABOUT A BARROOM LEAGUE !!!