Tim Wastefield - The Old Paul Byrd

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness-envy. Show harness-envy's posts

Re: Tim Wastefield - The Old Paul Byrd

In Response to Re: Tim Wastefield - The Old Paul Byrd:
    [QUOTE]Like Paul Byrd before him, Wake is only in the rotation because there's a need. He's not exactly Felix Hernandez out there, but I'm not seeing what's so horrible about a 3-1 record, 4.80 ERA, and 1.20 WHIP from your #6 starter.
    Posted by Flapjack07[/QUOTE]
    Great point and that should end this thread.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSsuohepbVk

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

Wakefield if getting it done!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

When you hate and bash 40% of the team you supposedly love, it's easy to find one, at any given moment, to pick on for playing "poorly", especially when you specialize in 1 game and even one play sample sizes.

Here's the softy list of hatred (in approximate order of hatred):

Edited:

1) Jake (crickets lately)
    2) Wake (forget he's 3rd in WHIP/4th in IP)
    3) Jed (no pop)
    4) VTek
    5) Slackey
    6) Salty
    7) Jenks
    8) Crawford
    9) "Fat" Beckett
    10) Scutaro
    11) Hill ("left a mess")

Then, there is Theo and Tito.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

moon why are you calling Beckett fat?  Innocent

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

More utter nonsense from Softy, and amazingly I'm not at all surprised.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SleeStack1. Show SleeStack1's posts

Meh.  Its not even fun anymore.  Softy's gone...well soft.

Guess we'll go see what silliness Babe can conjure..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Lloyd,

Nonsense & Softy are interchangeable.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

moon why are you calling Beckett fat?

No, your hero did, just before he said Theo was an idiot for extending him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigpanther98. Show bigpanther98's posts

I must have missed it, but softlaw was bashing Rich Hill? You have got to be kidding me?! Shoot, I hate having a guy with a 0.00 ERA on the season in my bullpen. What a terrible player. Wait, he also mows down lefties like weeds and, with his ridiculous breaking stuff, makes hitters look foolish at times such as making them swing far, FAR too early? Wow, dump the bum and get me Brandon Lyon! We need a closer with a 10.15 ERA instead!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Yeah, he actually said Theo should bring up Oki to take care of "Hill's mess". When questioned about it, he blasted Hill more and more.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Hey I have always wanted Beckett here... but I can see where they (without hindsight) might have waited to see how well he pitched in 2011 before offering him a new deal. Either way I wanted him here, and he is proving himself still the team ACE.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Wow, you are taking a different view from softy? Good for you!

I agree, they could have waited, but perhaps they were afraid he'd have a year like this one, and they'd lose him or have to pay even more.

Either way, he's always had a bit of a gut. I guess it only gets in his way when he's doing poorly.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Beckett has not always had a "bit of a gut". He is not in the shape he was in with the 2003 Marlins, but his weight is down and he is in better shape than 2010.

Hill was a reclaimation project who had no chance to last with that terrible delivery. Oki most certainly was asked to clean up Hill's breakdown and do what Hottovy ended up with. 2.1 innings and 3 walks, 0 hits and 0 ER.

If blasting Hill "more and more" means pointing out, one time, the fact that Hill was a local political reclaimation project, Oki and DiceK have been nuked by MoonSlo.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

You called it a "mess".
    You slam Wake and Jed and Jake for injuries and give then no leeway for recovery, but then cry like a baby when Lugo, Coco, Dice and Oki get hurt.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from william93063. Show william93063's posts

The other thing about Wakefield is that he has taken significant pay cuts to the point where I think he is making about 30% of what he made 2 years ago.  Paying a guy 1.5 mill to stabalize a rotation when people get hurt is positively chump change!  I fail to see anything bad here!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Wakefield has only made about $55 million over his 17-year career with the team, an average of just over $3 million a year. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

probably one of the best deals in baseball overall when you think about it Hfx..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

....and why is Wake's age an issue, anyway?  Who cares how old he is, either he's good enough to pitch or he's not.  Only a bigot like this idiot, or TIS (That Idiot Softlaw) would care about it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

Huh? what a silly thread.  Timmy the knuckluh is performing well, for free, compared to the contracts of the others, especially the dead arm bull pen...jenks, wheeler, erratic paps, bard.  Might look at Lackey's salary and era...comes back from DL with an era of 6 in a couple starts, lowering his to 7.4..all at $18mil.  Even Lester's era is over 5 in his last 3 starts.  Get real. Wake up.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

After what Wake did at ages 41-42, you'd think people wouldn't apply the same paradigms to his history and age as they do to others.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]Hi name is Tim Wakefield you better dead than red clown. WAKEFIELD! note wastefield. why don't you get on your tricycle and ride into a brick wall. for cripes sake, the guy has done nothing but perform and all you do is sit in your highchair and complain. go take a freakin nap!
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

Hammah,

I've written this troll more than once on this so now I've renamed this idiot betterdeadthanred. I was one who lobbied to get rid of Wakefield last year, but I've admitted to the group my mistake. Without Tim Wakefield we'd not have a reliable number 4-5 starter.He has his off days which unfortunately balloon his era, but with Wakefield it's always been that way, but if you look at his game log this season he's definitely been of great value to the Sox this year.

Deadhead should retire his hatred, but if you read his posts they are mostly garbage time posts anyways.

Hetchinspete

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Deadhead can never admit to a mistake.

For some reason he sees humility as a weakness.

He likes to bring up other poster's mistakes (often times misrepresenting), like somehow we are claiming we have been perfect like he does.

He's a clown.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from canetime. Show canetime's posts

softy--tell us about ELLSBURYWink

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]softy--tell us about ELLSBURY
    Posted by canetime[/QUOTE]

Canetime,

It's nice, ya know....  If you're up late & can't sleep... Say 3 - 4 in the morning..
    Betterdead tells the sweetest bedtime stories about Ells. tearing it up out there.

I sleep like the happiest little baby ever:)