Tim Wastefield - The Old Paul Byrd

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTS. Show BostonTS's posts

Re: Tim Wastefield - The Old Paul Byrd

"For some reason he sees humility as a weakness."

Bingo. That's my biggest beef. Nothing wrong with admitting you are wrong sometimes about your sports hunches and assessments. We are all wrong sometimes and he has been wrong many times. It doesn't seem like he has fun posting here (unless this is a persona and he delights in the reaction). It doesn't really seem like he enjoys baseball much at all.

It is also odd that Softy claims to be a Sox fan but hates half the roster. It's not just Wake that drives him nuts. Half the team is on his bash list. The problem here is that even if he does want the Sox to win, which I doubt, he has to root against half the team to fail as he can't stand to be wrong. 

Burrito, step out into the light and stop supporting this clown on every issue. Back him sometimes when you agree with him, fine, Softy does make sense sometimes, but don't march in lockstep. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Wastefield - The Old Paul Byrd:
    Untrue... I would be so happy if I could turn back time and allow for Tim Wakefield to have been 100% healthy the last five years and gotten at least 4 runs support per start.  I have no doubt he would have won 15+ games 4 out of the last 6 seasons... but my gosh people he is not much of an asset now...  Paul Byrd might be a good analogy.  Tim has been left off play-off rosters for heavens sake...  and that is when he was good. I find it funny that some posters stand by 100% of the players on the roster.... blinded like Homer. Enough already... 
    Posted by BurritoT

Many on the forum are most probably disappointed in the performance of a handful of players but choose to remain silent and hope that such players will over time perform better. Such tolerance and patience has proven to be worthwhile and correct many times. Others on the forum have the need to rush to the forum and be impatient and intolerant and bash players that are underperforming. They get up on the soapbox and feel unique in preaching to the choir and make few friends among the more faithful, hopeful, and loyal fans. Of course, if your are like Burrito then all of the above is irrelevant since he comes here basically for entertainment and that is why Law, Softlaw, and other bashers appeal to him. Everyone has different priorities and character.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

" For some reason he sees humility as a weakness." Bingo. That's my biggest beef. Nothing wrong with admitting you are wrong sometimes about your sports hunches and assessments. We are all wrong sometimes and he has  been wrong many times. It doesn't seem like he has fun posting here (unless this is a persona and he delights in the reaction). It doesn't really seem like he enjoys baseball much at all. It is also odd that Softy claims to be a Sox fan but hates half the roster. It's not just Wake that drives him nuts. Half the team is on his bash list. The problem here is that even if he does want the Sox to win, which I doubt, he has to root against half the team to fail as he can't stand to be wrong.  Burrito, step out into the light and stop supporting this clown on every issue. Back him sometimes when you agree with him, fine, Softy does make sense sometimes, but don't march in lockstep.   
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

I've been wrong about several things this season!  & I LOVE IT!!!

1)  I seriously questioned whether Beckett was more or less done.  I said he was down to 2 bad pitches...  I could not have been MORE WRONG :)
    2)  I said Salty HAD TO GO!  That he was NOT READY for the bigs!  He definitely appears to be making huge progress!  :)  I'm really starting to like this kid:)
    3)  When Pedey first came up, I said he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.  I was ready to run him out of town!  One of my favorite players!  So tough!
    4)  I was killing Lackey & Dice-K before the season even began!  Lackey is looking a little bit better since his return!  I'm pulling for him!  We could really use a solid #5!  OK!  Dice-K???  I was spot on :(  Not happy about it though!

YOU NAILED IT Troll Spanker!  The guy is terrified of looking like he got one of his predictions wrong!  Sign of a very insecure, small "Weiner."  Sorry not sure how to spell whiner???

Anybody that roots this consistently against Red Sox players???  FOR ANY REASON!!!!  Is NO RED SOX FAN!!!!  He just a Weiner (aka....... d!ck!!!) :)

Actually speaking of Weiner...... Rumor has it that betterdead is mad at Weiner because Weiner stole his demagogic trick of "playing the race card" then conversely accusing others of doing it????  Just a theory going around :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Of course it was a non sequitur!  That's the only logic betterdead can follow!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Only you cry like a baby, MoonSlo. A few days after you were captiously boasting that Lowrie had proven that those who said he would break down physically were wrong. As always, it was you who was wrong.

You will also be wrong on Wastefield, who has been nothing but a near 5 ERA pampered old man with a week or more of down time between some of his few starts because he will break down. He's been an old squatter who has had a net negative impact on the active roster over the first months of the season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Only you cry like a baby, MoonSlo. A few days after you were captiously boasting that Lowrie had proven that those who said he would break down physically were wrong. As always, it was you who was wrong.

I'm still waiting for the quote. I never said anything even remotely like that. The only thing I said about Jed's "durability" was when I pointed out that some of his missed games this year were the manager's choice when Scutaro was the starter and not healkth-related.

Just for the record: you bashed us for touting Jed's offense after the first month, citing how small the sample size was, and now you are writing him off over an even smaller sample size. You are saying he is and will be hurt the rest of the year? Personally, I am not sure. I hope he gets healthy and stays there.

You will also be wrong on Wastefield, who has been nothing but a near 5 ERA pampered old man with a week or more of down time between some of his few starts because he will break down.

He is the 6th starter. He will be skipped when there is an off day or a need to line up our starters to certain match-ups. He should not and probably can not pitch 180+ IP. That does not make him valueless. He is currently 4th on the team in IP and 3rd in WHIP (a stat you choose to only selective use for you favorite players). You showed your baseball intelligence and exposed teh fact that you don't even watch the games when you said Wake's last game vs the Yanks was a bust. He pitched a very good game. There were numerous bogus hits (dropped balls by Youk and Drew) and your favorite CF'er taking a horrible angle to allow the "double" over his head. Relief pitchers have allowed almost all of his inherited runners to score, and he still has decent numbers.

Only you can look at the numbers and call Wake, Jake and VTek failures this year. Keep it up. You are showing the world your idiocy with every word you write.

He's been an old squatter who has had a net negative impact on the active roster over the first months of the season.

The team is 4-2 in his 6 starts and could have easily been 5-1 had the pen not imploded. He's a 6th starter for God's sake! No, he can not start every 5th day until October, so what? Not many 6th starters do. He can give us 120-140 IP, perhaps more. He has done better than your heroes Dice-K, Wheeler, and Oki.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Only you cry like a baby, MoonSlo. A few days after you were captiously boasting that Lowrie had proven that those who said he would break down physically were wrong. As always, it was you who was wrong. You will also be wrong on Wastefield, who has been nothing but a near 5 ERA pampered old man with a week or more of down time between some of his few starts because he will break down. He's been an old squatter who has had a net negative impact on the active roster over the first months of the season.
    Posted by betterredthandead

Blah, Blah, Blab.  More nonsense.  Wake has been the perfect spot starter for the Sox and pitched well for what he is...a spot starter who can step in in an emergency and keep the team in the game.  Just because you hate the guy does not mean he hasn't been worth every penny.  The longer he remains, the madder you get and the happier that makes me.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Wastefield - The Old Paul Byrd : Blah, Blah, Blab.  More nonsense.  Wake has been the perfect spot starter for the Sox and pitched well for what he is...a spot starter who can step in in an emergency and keep the team in the game.  Just because you hate the guy does not mean he hasn't been worth every penny.  The longer he remains, the madder you get and the happier that makes me.
    Posted by jimdavis

Cool

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Tim Wastefield - The Old Paul Byrd : I cannot figure out why you need to be so harsh in your stand toward a Sox player.  I know you are supposedly "trying to get our goat" but you have got to be one unhappy person ....       If it walks like a duck, quacks lik a duck, even argues like a duck ... I apologize that life has treated you so harshly that it is the only form of response you can share.  Poor guy. 
    Posted by SinceYaz

It's just who he is Yaz. Do what I did. Put one post in telling him exactly what you think of him, and then block him. His posts are idiotic and usually intentionally inflamatory.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

He's blazing the trail for the "new morality" that will right the sinking ship of today's hedonistic society.

Teach hatred not tolerance.
    Teach to spread your hate around, so it's easier to find one to bash at any given moment in time.
    Teach lies and misrepresentations not truths.
    Teach a revised history and leave off the rest.
    Teach that humility is a sin.
    Teach that admitting one's mistakes is a sign of weakness.
    Teach Ad Hom attacks are OK, as long as it is yourself who delivers them.
    Teach that when all your lies are exposed, just start all over under a new identity.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Echoes a doctrine I've heard before.
    Those he dupes are destined for the same damnation.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Wastefield - The Old Paul Byrd : Many on the forum are most probably disappointed in the performance of a handful of players but choose to remain silent and hope that such players will over time perform better. Such tolerance and patience has proven to be worthwhile and correct many times. Others on the forum have the need to rush to the forum and be impatient and intolerant and bash players that are underperforming. They get up on the soapbox and feel unique in preaching to the choir and make few friends among the more faithful, hopeful, and loyal fans. Of course, if your are like Burrito then all of the above is irrelevant since he comes here basically for entertainment and that is why Law, Softlaw, and other bashers appeal to him. Everyone has different priorities and character.
    Posted by Your-Echo

Harness just objected to my above post because it was too truthful and on the mark. It is telling it like it is. Harness can't handle the truth. If the truth upsets a few posters then Harness considers it to be evil. He demands that everyone come here for entertainment and that should be the prime directive. Take note that he prefers his arch enemy (Burrito) over the truth.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I never objected or agreed to UR post, clown.

I pay it no mind, as your rhetoric is mindless.

You and truth aren't even on the same planet.

Clean up your own house neat-freak.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

I just wish Tito would give Timmy the knuckluh a chance to pass the despicable bottle rocket roider klemens in BRS "w's"--who probably is the idol of the one who started this silly thread

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

I never objected or agreed to UR post, clown. I pay it no mind, as your rhetoric is mindless. You and truth aren't even on the same planet. Clean up your own house neat - freak .
    Posted by harness

I don't know about his "house," but they've already taken care of Chris House. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

"Tolerance" simply means "do not dare denounce conduct you disaprove of".

"Hate" simply means "do not dare disagree", "you hater!".

I disdain bullies and weasels who simply reflect the misguided values of contemporary populism. MoonSlow is such a person.

Guess what MoonSlow, I'll say what I want, when I want, anytime I want.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

You have the right to twist what words mean all you want.

You are a hater. It has nothing to do with disagreeing with me. As hard as it is for you to believe, I'm not a big fan of Wake. I just don't spew personal attacks on him because of his age or belly size, or culinary likings. People are different and I respect what he stands for, even if I disagree with some. Disagreeing is not the same as denouncing with malicious intent and personal invectives. Tolerance does not mean, everyone must agree and accept. It means respecting differences and being civil about it.

You are not a role model for a society going corrupt.

Lying and bashing is not a virtue. If everyone followed your lead... it's too scary to even imagine...

Honesty, humility, compassion, and understanding are the paths to righting the sinking ship.

OK, ready for you misinterpretations, misunderstandings, then misrepresentations of what I said: proceed.

The clown will now speak...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

"Tolerance" simply means "do not dare denounce conduct you disaprove of". "Hate" simply means "do not dare disagree", "you hater!". I disdain bullies and weasels who simply reflect the misguided values of contemporary populism. MoonSlow is such a person. Guess what MoonSlow, I'll say what I want, when I want, anytime I want.
    Posted by betterredthandead

Which is precisely why you are a ban-in-waiting.
    Boston's combat zone was full of similar free-spirited dementia.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Is that a threat, Harness?  LOL

Tolerance does not mean, everyone must agree and accept. It means respecting differences and being civil about it.

"Respecting differences" is not what "tolerance" is used for. It's "you have no right to denounce my conduct" based upon some hateful and outdated moral doctrine. 

Tolerance, as used by current society, most certainly does mean everyome must agree and accept. It means that denouncement is not civil and such "hateful" comments will not be tolerated and you are hereby ordered to watch a video on tolerance.

Moonslow, don't pretend what the current axes of censorship called "tolerance" and "respecting differences" is about. The reality is that your essense is current values, which most certainly have no respect for anything but current values.    

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Is that a threat, Harness?  LOL

Tolerance does not mean, everyone must agree and accept. It means respecting differences and being civil about it.

"Respecting differences" is not what "tolerance" is used for. It's "you have no right to denounce my conduct" based upon some hateful and outdated moral doctrine. 

Just because a few overzealous liberals have hijacked the word, does not change it's meaning. It does no mean others can never use the word again or it is assumed their meaning applies.

Stop trying to change the meanings of words.

Tolerance, as used by current society, most certainly does mean everyome must agree and accept. It means that denouncement is not civil and such "hateful" comments will not be tolerated and you are hereby ordered to watch a video on tolerance.

Yes, sadly that has occurred; however, the intolerance of many of your heroes has incited violence and hatred.

Moonslow, don't pretend what the current axes of censorship called "tolerance" and "respecting differences" is about. The reality is that your essense is current values, which most certainly have no respect for anything but current values.    

You have no idea what my values are, an it is clear you have never vakued honesty and truthfulness, so your idea of what is moral and what isn't holds no water to me. You lie, you break promises, you hate based on what college a person went to, their belly size, or their nationality or skin color.  You can't just "disagree"; you have to ad hom attack and name call. You don't get it.

I have never advocated your censorship or reported you for anything. My best freind is even more o a "righty" than you. We don't ever take it to a personal lvel, but we have lively debates almost everyday. We tolerate each others opinions and respect that differences are fine. It does not mean we accept each others views as the truth.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

more anti-Wake talk from a nitwit while a guy who has actually said he is not a big fan of his has done more to prove his worth than anyone on this forum. How ironic? Meanwhile, i'm convinced Wakefield is a victim of his age, more than a victim of his performance. No offense to Paul Byrd, but i would turn to Wakefield for a senior stopper performance whether it was 2005, 2007, or now.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

betterredthandead take a look at harness's idea of tolerance in the Realistic Thread - he practically treated boomerangs like a street bum.... no respect, total character obliteration.

sad.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Wastefield - The Old Paul Byrd : Which is precisely why you are a ban-in-waiting. Boston's combat zone was full of similar free-spirited dementia.
    Posted by harness

Man, I miss the Combat Zone ... such memories ...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

First: 9/27/2005
    Last: 6/13/2011
    You have the right to twist what words mean all you want.

You are a hater. It has nothing to do with disagreeing with me. As hard as it is for you to believe, I'm not a big fan of Wake. I just don't spew personal attacks on him because of his age or belly size, or culinary likings. People are different and I respect what he stands for, even if I disagree with some. Disagreeing is not the same as denouncing with malicious intent and personal invectives. Tolerance does not mean, everyone must agree and accept. It means respecting differences and being civil about it.

You are not a role model for a society going corrupt.

Lying and bashing is not a virtue. If everyone followed your lead... it's too scary to even imagine...

Honesty, humility, compassion, and understanding are the paths to righting the sinking ship.

OK, ready for you misinterpretations, misunderstandings, then misrepresentations of what I said: proceed.

Moon,

A good retort.  It is clear that some are only here to bash and denounce, to name call and belittle.  It isn't that they wish to say they disagree, it is more like they wish to be as hurtful with their attacks as possible, often by using the same innane tactics that playground bullies use.   

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

... Tim has been left off play-off rosters for heavens sake... 

Er, yeah, but he's the sort of guy who helps get you through a 162 game season.  Being able to do long relief and jump into the rotation providing a 4-5 ERA (and giving us the chance to win) is huge during the long season.  And he can be [is] great in that role ... while not being terribly helpful in the post season.

Sections
Shortcuts