Tim Wastefield - The Old Paul Byrd

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Re: Tim Wastefield - The Old Paul Byrd

the intolerance of many of your heroes has incited violence and hatred.

Provide the details of your absurd general indictment. I submit that intolerance of your heroes has debased a lot of people and is why you share the current values of today.

Your friend obvously enjoys being bullied by a prevarictor with low intelligence and serious delusions from anger based issues.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Wastefield - The Old Paul Byrd:
    betterredthandead take a look at harness's idea of tolerance in the Realistic Thread - he practically treated boomerangs like a street bum.... no respect, total character obliteration. sad.
    Posted by BurritoT

Yes, by all means, start another ludicrous thread about me. Go off the deep end again. And show us all what constitutes UR tolerance level.

Sad.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Uh... I know you are but what am I?

Tongue out

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

"I'm Burrito T.

Tee Hee.

ROFL

I'm here to start threads about myself and Harness.

Tee Hee.

Once I realize I have made a fool of myself...yet again,

I have to move OP's and change them.

I luv to distort and mis-represent posts from Harness.
    I call it sarcasm.

LAUGHING

MORE LAUGHING.

Gulp   Gulp   Gulp

I get reeeeeaaal brave when Softlaw holds my trembling hand.
    He's my heeeeeeeero!

Gulp  Gulp  Gulp

I luv to accuse Harness of complaining to Dottie, then I make sure I'm the first one on her threads to whine and complain. No one does it more than me.

LMAO

It's all Harness' fault if I get banned. He made me start those threads.
    I can't be held accountable for my own actions.   

GULP    GULP    GULP    GULP    GULP

I'm trapped in this small, detached world here in Cambodia, but it's not my fault!

I say things that really aren't true. I'm just kidding!!!

Tee Hee

Gulp   Gulp   Gulp   Gulp

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

and I think we just went a step or two over the cliff .... LOL

Interesting imaginary interplay, harness   :o)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hz65AOjabtM

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Yes he is amusing... good to see him let it all go for once... he may heal with some more time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

i actually think the harness Jesus thread is better than this one...this one blows.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Wakefield is just 2-4 with an 8.50 ERA in his last nine games

against the Rays.

Wastefield is overdue in Tampa, a place he said he would consider playing if his role wasn't changed. Change his role so he'll go to Tampa.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpikeCunn5. Show SpikeCunn5's posts

Time to release him only got 7 innings with 1 earned run yup I think it is time.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

yeah spike I agree. I mean after all wasn't it timmy's fault that youk hit into 2 double plays with 2 runners on? I wish this forum had a way to blow up a poster's stupid comment like they do on D & C and the big show on WEEI...........

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Wakefield walked 5 batters and hit a guy and another wild pitch that was called a passed ball. He had a lot of balls hammered at people or near the track. He was facing one of the weakest offenses in baseball. He was outclassed and was lucky he wasn't out in the 5 inning. His ERA was near 5 before the start, and is well over 4 despite many days off and down time and facing mostly weak offensive teams. They are pampering Wakefield in what is patchwork plans for his starts.

He'll break down if they don't bump, which they are going to do.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

bettersoftbraintissuethanbraindead posts that Wakefield "walked 5 batters, got hit hard, and was "outclassed" as well as "facing one of the weakest offenses" in baseball. However, if the same pitching line was thrown by say Josh Beckett, it would be: "He threw brilliantly against a defending playoff team against one of the best pitchers in the AL, but his offense let him down." If Wakefield had thrown 21 up, 21 down, he still couldn't have won the game because the Sox scored 0 v. Tampa. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Makes a difference when the Rays know they will score off of Wakefield, for certain.

Beckett pitched like that then he would get the same comment, shaky and marginal and outclassed. No way was what Wakefield was doing "brilliantly" or "great". He was shaky and smoke and mirrors.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Wakefield walked 5 batters and hit a guy and another wild pitch that was called a passed ball. He had a lot of balls hammered at people or near the track.

Funny how in his last start it was all about earned runs and you didn't want to hear anything about weakly hit balls for hits, dropped balls for doubles, and mistaken routes taken by "Jake" for another double (a first for you). Nope, it was only ERs tht counted. Now, it's goalpost moving time again. 

He was facing one of the weakest offenses in baseball.

17th in runs scored.

He was outclassed and was lucky he wasn't out in the 5 inning. His ERA was near 5 before the start, and is well over 4 despite many days off and down time and facing mostly weak offensive teams.

Since Wake became the 5th starter, here's the teams he has started against in reverse order and their place in MLB runs scored:

TB:     17th
    NYY:  1T
    CWS:  15th
    Det:    8th
    Cubs: 16th
    (relief vs Tor: 5th best offense in MLB)

These teams average out as the 11th best offense in MLB.

Weak?

He's had a 3.66 ERA his last 4 starts vs #1, #8, #15, and #17
    (average: #10 out of 30 teams)

What a clown you are, softy!

His ERA is closer to 4 than 5, despite your wishes, and despite the fact that our pen has let in a way higher percentage of inherited runners when relieving him than others.

His WHIP is still 2nd on the Sox only to Beckett with pitchers with more than 35 IP. (4th place out of 13 with more than 10 IP)

They are pampering Wakefield in what is patchwork plans for his starts.

He was the 6th starter moved into the 5th spot. He is being pitched like 5th starters are pitched. He may be skipped when there are off days, he may be pushed back a day or two from time to time.

He'll break down if they don't bump, which they are going to do.

If he never pitches another inning this year, he has still earned his keep and proven you wrong.

The only one who doesn't see it is you.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

Not hard to find something in a dumpster who can match Wastefield since 2nd half of 2009, except that player would not need to be pampered with tired time like an old man.    
    Posted by betterredthandead

DiceK couldn't. 

And they paid him $36 million since 2009. 

-Daf.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Hey Dirtdog,

Like you I don't mind admitting my errors of judgement to the list. In fact I'm more than happy to admit I'm wrong about a Sox player if they can come through for us like Wakefield. I took a blasting from a few folks last year when I wanted Wakefield off of the team and I admitted my error. We don't need or expect Tim wakefield to be the team ace or savior, but as a 5-6th starter if he pitches like he has so far this year I hope he's around for a few more years and get #200 in a Sox uniform. 

I owe an apology to everyone for acting like a troll myself, as I continually call out idiot DEADHEAD, but sorry I cannot stand this particular troll. 

Hetchinspete.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Not hard to find something in a dumpster who can match Wastefield since 2nd half of 2009, except that player would not need to be pampered with tired time like an old man.    
    Posted by betterredthandead

SPEAKING OF DUMPSTER DIVING, TOO BAD YOU DIDN'T FALL IN ONE ON YOUR LAST DUMPSTER TOUR & FORGOT TO CRAWL OUT. THEY SHOULD HAVE WELDED THE COVER CLOSED AFTER YOU FELL IN DEADHEAD....

JUST A LITTLE DUMPSTER HUMOR FOR ALL TO ENJOY AT DEADHEADS EXPENSE !!

Cheerfully,
    Hetchinspete

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

He's just upset that Wake and Jake are showing him up bigtime.

He has to search for sample sizes effected by a back injury or recovery from a back injury that ended up needing surgery to somehow "prove" his point.

He said Wake would stink this year and have an ERA above 5. He brought up BB/9 then disgarded it when shown how Wake has had one of the best BB/9 among Sox starters for 3 years. He said WHIP is an important stat, but I guess that means just when it helps his argument. Wake is 2nd on the team in WHIP. Try finding that in a dumpster.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from HankukSox. Show HankukSox's posts

I honestly think betterdeadthanthinking helps people here view Wakefield in a more positive light.  You can only watch someone kicking another person so many times before you have to root for the one being kicked.  Reading betterdeadthanmakingvalidpoints' comments leaves me in a happy mood any time one of his targets makes betterdeadthanafan eat his words.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I'm not so sure; he has been bashing Wake since 2008.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Wakefield walked 5 batters and hit a guy and another wild pitch that was called a passed ball. He had a lot of balls hammered at people or near the track. Funny how in his last start it was all about earned runs and you didn't want to hear anything about weakly hit balls for hits, dropped balls for doubles, and mistaken routes taken by "Jake" for another double (a first for you). Nope, it was only ERs tht counted. Now, it's goalpost moving time again.  He was facing one of the weakest offenses in baseball. 17th in runs scored. He was outclassed and was lucky he wasn't out in the 5 inning. His ERA was near 5 before the start, and is well over 4 despite many days off and down time and facing mostly weak offensive teams. Since Wake became the 5th starter, here's the teams he has started against in reverse order and their place in MLB runs scored: TB:     17th NYY:  1T CWS:  15th Det:    8th Cubs: 16th (relief vs Tor: 5th best offense in MLB) These teams average out as the 11th best offense in MLB. Weak? He's had a 3.66 ERA his last 4 starts vs #1, #8, #15, and #17 (average: #10 out of 30 teams) What a clown you are, softy! His ERA is closer to 4 than 5, despite your wishes, and despite the fact that our pen has let in a way higher percentage of inherited runners when relieving him than others. His WHIP is still 2nd on the Sox only to Beckett with pitchers with more than 35 IP. (4th place out of 13 with more than 10 IP) They are pampering Wakefield in what is patchwork plans for his starts. He was the 6th starter moved into the 5th spot. He is being pitched like 5th starters are pitched. He may be skipped when there are off days, he may be pushed back a day or two from time to time. He'll break down if they don't bump, which they are going to do. If he never pitches another inning this year, he has still earned his keep and proven you wrong. The only one who doesn't see it is you.
    Posted by moonslav59

Another punch in the Softy grill delivered by Moon! Love it!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Guys, let's face facts.

Wakefield could throw a perfect game for a 1-0 win in Game 7 of the World Series, 27 strikeouts on 81 pitches despite broken ribs, three hours after saving a baby from a burning building ... and Softy would claim the umpire gave him some calls and the offense bailed him out.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Guys, let's face facts. Wakefield could throw a perfect game for a 1-0 win in Game 7 of the World Series, 27 strikeouts on 81 pitches despite broken ribs, three hours after saving a baby from a burning building ... and Softy would claim the umpire gave him some calls and the offense bailed him out.
    Posted by LloydDobler

Lloyd, you forgot a few:

-He was up against a weak hitting team.
    -They hit some balls on the screws that were right at people or just short of the fences.
    -Great defence behind him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Wastefield - The Old Paul Byrd : Lloyd, you forgot a few: -He was up against a weak hitting team. -They hit some balls on the screws that were right at people or just short of the fences. -Great defence behind him.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut

Oh, especially the second one ... how could I forget that?!?

What can you expect of someone who advocates playing Gonzalez at third base for a few games in our NL road games next week?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Notice how the one time he neglected to mention Jake taking a bad route on a fly ball that went for a double was when it was against Wake.

Maybe Wake has taken over the #1 slot on softy's hate/bash list.

Sections
Shortcuts