Tim Wastefield - The Old Paul Byrd

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Re: Tim Wastefield - The Old Paul Byrd

In Response to Re: Tim Wastefield - The Old Paul Byrd:
    [QUOTE]Notice how the one time he neglected to mention Jake taking a bad route on a fly ball that went for a double was when it was against Wake. Maybe Wake has taken over the #1 slot on softy's hate/bash list.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

You may be onto something here.  Jake is great when Wake is involved and stinks whenever anyone else is on the hill.  Nice!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

When you hate and bash about 40% of our team, it's hard to not end up with conflicts. Either Jake took the right path and Wake let up a legit double for 2 ERs, of he didn't and Wake's ERA would be around 4 now.

It must be hard being such a hater.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

"Hater", the Leftist definition of disagreement and criticism. Sorry, using that word won't make it stop, so go tell your mommy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]"Hater", the Leftist definition of disagreement and criticism. Sorry, using that word won't make it stop, so go tell your mommy.
    Posted by betterredthandead[/QUOTE]

I admit moon made a mistake using that word with you, and as a result, took the punch out of his otherwise valid point. And FWIW, I've seen the Right use this word just as much, if not more so; especially by way of the currently popular Tea Partiers. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I admit moon made a mistake using that word with you, and as a result, took the punch out of his otherwise valid point. And FWIW, I've seen the Right use this word just as much, if not more so; especially by way of the currently popular Tea Partiers. 

The word "hate" was around long before leftists and rightist started using it. My choice of words was 100% accurate and appropriate. The clown here has a clear and obsessive hatred towards several players on our team. He hates everything Jacoby and Jed stand for. He goes way beyond what they do on the field. He makes it personal and has for years.

Webster defines "hate" as

a : intense hostility and aversion usually deriving from fear, anger, or sense of injury b : extreme dislike or antipathy : loathing <had a great hate of hard work>
    : an object of hatred <a generation whose finest hate had been big business — F. L. Paxson>

What part of this definition does not fit the sitution here?

He has shown intense hostility ad aversion towards "Jake" and anyone who defends even a portion of his skillset.

He cerainly has an extreme dislike and antipathy for "Jake".

Just because some political zealots have hijacked a word, doesn't mean the meaning of the word has changed and it can't be used anymore, except in political situations. Softy likes to think he is the sole judge of what words mean and how they can be used. He has often been wrong or narrow-minded with semantics.

Hate it is.

I actually think I was being tame by using that word.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]"Hater", the Leftist definition of disagreement and criticism. Sorry, using that word won't make it stop, so go tell your mommy.
    Posted by betterredthandead[/QUOTE]

Maybe that's because right wingers like you ARE the haters.  If the shoe fits...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from canetime. Show canetime's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Wastefield - The Old Paul Byrd : Maybe that's because right wingers like you ARE the haters.  If the shoe fits...
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

i do not think the right wing wants anything to do with softy he belongs to another group that belongs in a padded cell.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]I admit moon made a mistake using that word with you, and as a result, took the punch out of his otherwise valid point. And FWIW, I've seen the Right use this word just as much, if not more so; especially by way of the currently popular  Tea Partiers.  The word "hate" was around long before leftists and rightist started using it. My choice of words was 100% accurate and appropriate. The clown here has a clear and obsessive hatred towards several players on our team. He hates everything Jacoby and Jed stand for. He goes way beyond what they do on the field. He makes it personal and has for years.   Webster defines "hate" as a : intense hostility and aversion usually deriving from fear, anger, or sense of injury b : extreme dislike or antipathy : loathing <had a great hate of hard work /> 2 : an object of hatred <a generation whose finest hate had been big business — F. L. Paxson /> What part of this definition does not fit the sitution here? He has shown intense hostility ad aversion towards "Jake" and anyone who defends even a portion of his skillset. He cerainly has an extreme dislike and antipathy for "Jake". Just because some political zealots have hijacked a word, doesn't mean the meaning of the word has changed and it can't be used anymore, except in political situations. Softy likes to think he is the sole judge of what words mean and how they can be used. He has often been wrong or narrow-minded with semantics. Hate it is. I actually think I was being tame by using that word.

Personally, I try to avoid the word, appropo it may be at times. From the posturing POV in relation to softy, IMO you should have used the harsher word, whatever that despicable word may be.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Wastefield - The Old Paul Byrd : Personally, I try to avoid the word, appropo it may be at times. From the posturing POV in relation to softy, IMO you should have used the harsher word, whatever that despicable word may be.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

I think we are losing perspective as to what the word "hater" means.  It doesn't mean that you particularly hate anyone.  its just a term used to describe griping about anything in particular.  Consult the urban dictionary if you need further clarification.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

How's "detest" or "loathe" or "despise"?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]How's "detest" or "loathe" or "despise"?

Sounds good; I didn't know you had it in you

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

If the shoe fits...