Time for a lineup change!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lifelongsoxdawg. Show lifelongsoxdawg's posts

Time for a lineup change!!!!!

I think it's time to move Yuk out of the cleanup spot. He is striking out way too much, leaving too many runners stranded and never seems to swing at the first pitch which more often than not, is right down the middle. Opposing pitcher's are on to him not swinging at 1st pitch strikes, so they exploit it, and he is 0-1 right off the bat, advantage the pitcher. Also, what is the deal with Drew not swinging at pitches right down the middle resulting in him falling behind in the count and either striking out or hitting weak ground balls. My suggestion for a lineup change is as follows:

Els
    Pedroia
    Agon
    Big Papi
    Jed
    Crawford
    Yuk
    Salty
    McDonald (anybody but Drew or Cameron)
    Any comments on this lineup? Francona, this is a business and not a popularity contest. Take the pressure off from Yuk and give him a little time to work on his hitting and put him back into the cleanup spot once he straightens things out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Re: Time for a lineup change!!!!!

Are you joking! Jed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Youk could be slotted down a spot, Ortiz up, because he's killing LHP so far through the first half of the season. But, Youk should go to 5, not Jed! That's insane!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In Response to Time for a lineup change!!!!!:
    I think it's time to move Yuk out of the cleanup spot. He is striking out way too much, leaving too many runners stranded and never seems to swing at the first pitch which more often than not, is right down the middle. Opposing pitcher's are on to him not swinging at 1st pitch strikes, so they exploit it, and he is 0-1 right off the bat, advantage the pitcher. Also, what is the deal with Drew not swinging at pitches right down the middle resulting in him falling behind in the count and either striking out or hitting weak ground balls. My suggestion for a lineup change is as follows: Els Pedroia Agon Big Papi Jed Crawford Yuk Salty McDonald (anybody but Drew or Cameron) Any comments on this lineup? Francona, this is a business and not a popularity contest. Take the pressure off from Yuk and give him a little time to work on his hitting and put him back into the cleanup spot once he straightens things out.
    Posted by lifelongsoxdawg

You haven't followed the fact that Lowrie is a little hurt and he's been hitting sub .200 over the last 10+ games?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Lowrie is always "a little hurt".

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

I've said all along that the line-up should look like this:

Ells
    CC
    Pedey
    Agon
    Youk
    Papi
    Lowrie/Scut
    Drew/Cam
    Salty/Tek

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

A healthy Jed in the 5 hole before Youk does not work and IS the major flaw to your suggestion in my opinion. I would consider a switch between Papi and Youk might make sense, especially with a RH on the mound, despite Papi killing lefties this year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

Typical over reaction to a bad night.  On the season Youk is hitting .278/.396/.597 for a .993 OPS with RISP.  No need for a change involving Youk, although I wouldn't be opposed to switching him and Papi as Softy proposed if you really feel the need to drop Youk down (though I like having 2 guys with OBP's near .400 ahead of Papi).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

In Response to Re: Time for a lineup change!!!!!:
    I've said all along that the line-up should look like this: Ells CC Pedey Agon Youk Papi Lowrie/Scut Drew/Cam Salty/Tek
    Posted by Alibiike
    You want Pedey in the 3 hole when except for a couple of recent games he's not been hitting that well, and Ortiz in the 6 hole when he's been tearing the cover off the ball.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In Response to Re: Time for a lineup change!!!!! : You want Pedey in the 3 hole when except for a couple of recent games he's not been hitting that well, and Ortiz in the 6 hole when he's been tearing the cover off the ball.  
    Posted by expitch

Yes. Pedey is a spark plug and his slumping will not continue. Ells and Crawford 1 and 2 was the intent all along, why not go with it.
    As far as Papi 6th. Agon and Youk both have high OBP, and he would be there to drive them in.
    Makes perfect sense.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

I think it's time to move Yuk out of the cleanup spot. He is striking out way too much, leaving too many runners stranded and never seems to swing at the first pitch which more often than not, is right down the middle. Opposing pitcher's are on to him not swinging at 1st pitch strikes, so they exploit it, and he is 0-1 right off the bat, advantage the pitcher. Also, what is the deal with Drew not swinging at pitches right down the middle resulting in him falling behind in the count and either striking out or hitting weak ground balls. My suggestion for a lineup change is as follows: Els Pedroia Agon Big Papi Jed Crawford Yuk Salty McDonald (anybody but Drew or Cameron) Any comments on this lineup? Francona, this is a business and not a popularity contest. Take the pressure off from Yuk and give him a little time to work on his hitting and put him back into the cleanup spot once he straightens things out.
      SON, I THINK THAT YOU SHOULD CALL 1-800-THEO/TITO AND RUN THAT BY THEM !!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

Right, so you want to move yuck because he is underperforming yet you want to leave pedroia the hobbit where he is despite the fact that yuck is outperforming him in pretty much every category (not that that is saying much these days).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

By the way betterrethandead, I think Chapel Hill is a great school but personally, I prefer Duke.

Besides being Top-Notch scholastically, they also have Mike Krzyzewski who is a classy West Point graduate and of Polish heritage...which sits well with me.. Wink

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Typical over reaction to a bad night.  On the season Youk is hitting .278/.396/.597 for a .993 OPS with RISP.  No need for a change involving Youk, although I wouldn't be opposed to switching him and Papi as Softy proposed if you really feel the need to drop Youk down (though I like having 2 guys with OBP's near .400 ahead of Papi).
    Posted by JB-3

¡Exactamente!  After Drew's performance the game before, the lynch mobs already had their nooses tied.   It's amusing how some of these posters chasten the more level-headed types for not acknowledging "reality."  The reality is that every player gets in a funk, or in the case of Youk, has one freekin' bad game. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

No, it isn't.  Youk is the right guy for cleanup despite all the times he has not batted someone in this year with a man on third and one or not outs. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Why mess with a line up that is #1 Runs scored, Average, OPS, and RBIs in the entire league. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

It amazes me how often it isn't line-ups that need to be changed but minds.

..or rather transplanted ....

Lifelong, I don't necessarily mean you but the ones who are negative by nature have been hanging in dark corners waiting for a moment to pounce.  They just can't help themselves.

Then there is the incredulous babe, who is happier taking infantile shots at the Red Sox than ejoying the company of his own fellow NYY fans.  What a waste.

Youk is coming back, but his lifetime against James is remarkably bad.  Is  a guy allowed to have a bad game?  No?   Hmmm.  Those folks who don't think so also expect a team to go 162-0.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Three run shot by .....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamesey271975. Show jamesey271975's posts

Jed Lowrie hitting 5th, are you insane? He must be hitting about .150 the last month or more. That start he had was a total aonomoly. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Perfect timing!  Bash Youk and he comes through!  I love it!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lifelongsoxdawg. Show lifelongsoxdawg's posts

Go back and look how many times Youk has struck out this year leaving runners stranded on many occassions. Tonight was a bright spot however. Let me pose a question. Do you think teams would walk Agon so much with Big Papi hitting clean up? Unlikely!!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Perfect timing!  Bash Youk and he comes through!  I love it!
    Posted by jimdavis
    It is amazing how often that has happened this year.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

The only place I would move Youk to is #3 slot.  His OBP is better than Gonzalez' and he is a slightly faster runner than Gonzalez.  But no complaints about his batting 4th tonight!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

Still want to drop Youk in the order,the Sox are in first place,are tearing the cover off the ball in just about every category,are getting solid perforamnces(and occasionally brilliant work,including Beckett,who by now should have shut up his critics)from their starters,the pen has been a lot better than many on this forum seem to realize(even with the injuries to Wheeler ans Jenks)and they haven't done anything defensively to be embaressed about.Some supposed Sox fans on this forum only seem to rejoice when the  Sox fail to win one,like last night,despite being 10 and 1 in their last eleven games just so they pronounce and boast of their negativeism to be "reality" and "objectivity"when in fact it normally flies in the face of both.I'm sick of it and I'd be surprised if many others have had their bilge up to our gills.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Go back and look how many times Youk has struck out this year leaving runners stranded on many occassions. Tonight was a bright spot however. Let me pose a question. Do you think teams would walk Agon so much with Big Papi hitting clean up? Unlikely!!!!!

I got a better idea.  How about you look it up and tell us how often Youk has struck out with runners on base?  since this is your hypothesis, you should support it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

No, don't let tito do any lineup changes, they've got w's in 10 of last 11.  let it be, puhleeze

Sections
Shortcuts