TIME FOR ACEVES TO START?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

TIME FOR ACEVES TO START?

got tazawa coming up, oki should be also.. but the biggest fix we can do.. clearly so when i see wake and lack about to start bak to bak when wins are at a premium, is to put aceves in the rotation.. period! he's better than anything else we have. mix and match for the 6th and 7th inning for all i care. starting is most important. hopefully the bats will break out for he gives them a better chance. in last 5 starts, noone has gone beyond 5 innings or rather noone has recorded an out after 5 innings. not since the days of hideous nomo, fossum and the imortal frankie the fat azz catillo have the starters been this impotent! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from thesoftlaw. Show thesoftlaw's posts

Re: TIME FOR ACEVES TO START?

I agree, but loser WAstefield is overdue. he hasnt won a game since June 23 and his ERA is over 5 for over 2 years.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: TIME FOR ACEVES TO START?:
    I agree, but loser WAstefield is overdue. he hasnt won a game since June 23 and his ERA is over 5 for over 2 years.
    Posted by thesoftlaw

Welcome, new poster.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Yes, time for Alfredo to start.  Already shown he can move back to the pen quickly and easily if and when necessary.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

Was the OP typed on an IPad while walking up the down escalator?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

This should not even be a question for the Sox.....of course he should start....in his last 10 appearances, he is 1-1 with 1.89 ERA in 21.1 IP.....more importantly however in those 10 games the Sox are 4-6, with the 4 wins each being by 6 runs, one of which Aceves was the winner and games they should win whether he came out of the Bullpen or not. My point being, are we really using him to where we get the most out of his good pitching.....I dont think those appearances indicate we are

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

In Response to Re: TIME FOR ACEVES TO START?:
    Was the OP typed on an IPad while walking up the down escalator?
    Posted by BeaconHill19

Walking? I think he fell a couple times too.

Either way, I have to agree with his proposal.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

A resounding YES

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1918Babe1918. Show 1918Babe1918's posts

Yankees give you Aceves and you still are red flops.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I'm going to go with "no". He has been so invaluable coming out of the pen, I just don't know who would replace him in that role. The role, of course, not being just coming out of the pen, but knowing when he does, that the team is in good hands.

It's always a pleasure when he comes into a game. I'm always thinking...OK, we got this now.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from athens7676. Show athens7676's posts

Aceves has been much better in his career if memory serves me correct, than as a starter. Plus he is so top notch as the "every situation possible that isn't Bard or Paps"guy that I would be loathe to take him out of that role. Wouldn't Tazawa make more sense?

Sections
Shortcuts