time for AJ's doubters to recognize...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ImagydSportsBos. Show ImagydSportsBos's posts

time for AJ's doubters to recognize...

the man is solid.. period! gets his swings in, early and often but is popping them at a high clip, calling a mean game consistently and basically has relegated Ross to full jabro status. that should change soon as he you dont want him worn down too soon. but overall, another great BC call.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Re: time for AJ's doubters to recognize...

His chief value is his overall experience and one year contract.  He is the placeholder for Christian Vazquez.  No need to bill him as the second coming. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to ImagydSportsBos' comment:
    [QUOTE]

the man is solid.. period! gets his swings in, early and often but is popping them at a high clip, calling a mean game consistently and basically has relegated Ross to full jabro status. that should change soon as he you dont want him worn down too soon. but overall, another great BC call.

[/QUOTE]

Calling a mean game.. ha ha ....Has a arm like a rubber chicken. I think he's been worn down for a while now. Panic pick-up for BC.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

He doesn't really get his swings in often with his what 3 pitches per at bat.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Calling a mean game.. ha ha ....Has a arm like a rubber chicken. I think he's been worn down for a while now. Panic pick-up for BC.....

[/QUOTE]

sorry, but thats just a ridiculous statement...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Just a Yanqi being a Yanqi. What can you expect, 'paw.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to antibody's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

AJ Perstinky.......Squarehead !!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to antibody's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

not much I guess...I would think even a yankmee would have a more intelligent response than that though...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

I like AJ....he is clearly going to hit....he has always hit and his defense is passable for a catcher with offensive ability. I do however agree that Ross's role being limited is expendable....I would rather see Vazquez up here getting the games versus Lefties.....though Ross is ok defensively, Vazquez is special and he would probably hit almost just as well versus lefties. I am of the mind that it makes sense and more impotant to give your prospects opportunties and experience at the ML level than the everyday AB's in the Minors....at least for the AAA guys

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

i don't like the signing one bit. He simply is not a fit on this team. IMO, the main reason we had the best offense in baseball last season was because of our P/PA. As a team we ranked #1 by a semi-wide margin and had TEN (10) players in the top 100 in P/PA if you count Iggy. At it's worst 9 players in the top 100. Where did AJP rank? Near DEAD last!

of course his negative impact on our team is lessened by the 1 year contract as well as his good-great catching skills. I just think resigning Salty would have made MUCH more sense. Even if I had a crystal ball and knew Vasquez is gonig to be ready by the start of 2015 i still would have signed Salty. he signed for a reasonable amount and is a top 10 catcher with no injury issues entering his prime it'd be a pretty easy contract to move if push came to shove. we just might have gotten a decent prospect or two out of it. hell maybe Vasquez could have been involved in a deal to bring stanton to boston Tongue Out

point is, i don't think his defense will outweigh the negative impact he will have on the offense and i think there were much better options available.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He has been doing well, I would have left him in tonight.  Ride the hot bat.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Great thread, I am glad he hit for gomes

Sections
Shortcuts