Time For Brady to Get Off The Stage or He's Going Out on a Stretcher!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Re: Time For Brady to Get Off The Stage or He's Going Out on a Stretcher!

In response to HelloItsMeAgain1's comment:

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Not a question of being satisfied babe, as much as being a realisit. Can't win every year. Getting to the playoffs for a shot it, is a good place to start.

Understood jbay.

I just find the double standard to be funny.

When we talk about the patsies, I often here from many patsies fans that "at least they made it to the playoffs and had a shot"

But when we talk about the Yankees making the playoffs and the bosox failing to do so, it's often "End result is we both ended up with no ring" or "So what, you guys played only a handful more games than us"

Fans have double standards???

Stop the  presses!! 'Hello" has a revelation for us all!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Not a question of being satisfied babe, as much as being a realisit. Can't win every year. Getting to the playoffs for a shot it, is a good place to start.

Understood jbay.

When we talk about the patsies, I often here from many patsies fans that "at least they made it to the playoffs and had a shot"

But when we talk about the Yankees making the playoffs and the bosox failing to do so, it's often "End result is we both ended up with no ring" or "So what, you guys played only a handful more games than us"

+1

I've often thought the same thing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

Understood jbay.

+1

Thank goodness you guys are here to straighten us fools out.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Understood jbay.

+1

Yes, defending your team to the death, from trash talk by rivals, is unheard of.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

The Pats won all 3 of their Super Bowls by 3 points.  They lost the 2 Super Bowls by 3 points and 4 points.  Small differences all the way around.

This team as currently constructed is not built for the playoffs. It is not tough enough and the defense is not good enough to win a ring. As with baseball, preventing the other guys from scoring wins rings even though you can bash your way into the playoffs.

I would argue that the offence was at least 50% responsible for the loss to the Ravens.  They did nothing in the second half and kept giving the ball back to the Ravens, sometimes in great field position.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

The Pats won all 3 of their Super Bowls by 3 points.  They lost the 2 Super Bowls by 3 points and 4 points.  Small differences all the way around.

This team as currently constructed is not built for the playoffs. It is not tough enough and the defense is not good enough to win a ring. As with baseball, preventing the other guys from scoring wins rings even though you can bash your way into the playoffs.

I would argue that the offence was at least 50% responsible for the loss to the Ravens.  They did nothing in the second half and kept giving the ball back to the Ravens, sometimes in great field position.

Not to mention they had the ball in the Raven's red zone six times and came away with just 13 points.

The Pats usually had excellent field postion in the 1st half, and did nothing with it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to ThefourBs's comment:

Not to mention they had the ball in the Raven's red zone six times and came away with just 13 points.

The Pats usually had excellent field postion in the 1st half, and did nothing with it.

Very true.  The Pats really needed Gronkowski for that game.  When you have him and Hernandez and Welker, the lack of a top wide receiver isn't such a big deal.  But without Gronkowski it is.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Very true.  The Pats really needed Gronkowski for that game.  When you have him and Hernandez and Welker, the lack of a top wide receiver isn't such a big deal.  But without Gronkowski it is.

Yup. It'd be nice to see Gronkowski stay healthy throughout a playoff run.

He's probably their most physical receiver.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Justin Hunter**, WR, Tennessee
    Height: 6-4. Weight: 200.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.48.
    Projected Round (2013): 1-3.

I Would Like The Pats To Get This WR.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

didn't they bring in Lloyd to be their #1??

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

That's part of football, all teams have injuries.

It's how you deal with the injuries that makes the difference.

[/QUOTE]

That's true.  Some injuries are more crucial than others.  Teams that lose their starting QB are usually screwed.

Some teams need all their key players healthy or they're screwed when it comes to the deciding games.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Understood jbay.

+1

Yes, defending your team to the death, from trash talk by rivals, is unheard of.

It's called posturing.There is also a related chicken vs egg issue that you seem to be conveniently overlooking. (Translation: When Yankees lose in PS, this board lights up like a Christmas tree, unprovoked, not that they don't have a right to, but it flies in the face of your most recent post). In other words, deflective hogwash.  And in that context, adding to this as far as the Patriots are concerned, what goes around comes around, regardless of the board.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Good point

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Understood jbay.

+1

It's called posturing.There is also a related chicken vs egg issue that you seem to be conveniently overlooking. (Translation: When Yankees lose in PS, this board lights up like a Christmas tree, unprovoked, not that they don't have a right to, but it flies in the face of your most recent post). In other words, deflective hogwash.  And in that context, adding to this as far as the Patriots are concerned, what goes around comes around, regardless of the board.

unprovoked?? What sox fan, needs to be provoked when the yankees lose anything, let alone the post season? A fan  loves when any hated rival losses. I'm not over looking or deflecting anything. the point is when you love something, regardless of what is it, you defend it, right wrong or indifferent,  to anyone being critical of them. Human nature.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Understood jbay.

+1

unprovoked?? What sox fan, needs to be provoked when the yankees lose anything, let alone the post season? A fan  loves when any hated rival losses. I'm not over looking or deflecting anything. the point is when you love something, regardless of what is it, you defend it, right wrong or indifferent,  to anyone being critical of them. Human nature.

True; the context does not make this an isolated statement, however.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Lets Start Mallet, 2012 GP-4  CMP-1  ATT-4  YDS-17 

Rushing  GP-4  ATT-8  YDS..-9

He,s Ready I Would Say, TB Sill Has 2 More Wins In Him.....

Sections
Shortcuts