Time for either Bradley or WMB to get on the bus to Pawtucket

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Time for either Bradley or WMB to get on the bus to Pawtucket

These guys are useless at the plate. As of right now, Bradley is at .210/.639 and Middlebrooks is at .200/.702. One needs to go tomorrow; the other should follow in about three weeks if there is no improvement. 

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Re: Time for either Bradley or WMB to get on the bus to Pawtucket

In response to RigatoniT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I thought this year was "gravy" ?

[/QUOTE]

So we should play to lose as many games as possible? These guys have earned a good long bus ride, one at a time. I would start with Middlebrooks

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

No worries.... but the team seems 101% reluctant to play Sizemore everyday... I would guess that is why JBJR is here...  The D-Backs are open to trading Didi Gregarious who plays a good short-stop.... flip Xander to third and get an inexpensive solid glove at short... send Middlebrooks down or trade him ..... matters not which one they choose to me.

[/QUOTE]

Vic can play CF sometimes. We don't need Bradley, nor can we afford him the way he is playing right now. For a team that is having trouble scoring runs we CERTAINLY cannot afford both Middlebrooks AND Bradley in the lineup. Send one down; if he gets his act together in AAA ball he can have one more shot at it. The other guy follows in three weeks unless HE improves.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

No worries.... but the team seems 101% reluctant to play Sizemore everyday... I would guess that is why JBJR is here...  The D-Backs are open to trading Didi Gregarious who plays a good short-stop.... flip Xander to third and get an inexpensive solid glove at short... send Middlebrooks down or trade him ..... matters not which one they choose to me.

[/QUOTE]

Vic can play CF sometimes. We don't need Bradley, nor can we afford him the way he is playing right now. For a team that is having trouble scoring runs we CERTAINLY cannot afford both Middlebrooks AND Bradley in the lineup. Send one down; if he gets his act together in AAA ball he can have one more shot at it. The other guy follows in three weeks unless HE improves.

[/QUOTE]

Who is going to play RF at Fenway. We will have sink or swim with Bradley.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

JBJ is 5th on the team in OBP. While .327 is not very good, he's not the weakest link on offense.

Sox4ever

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I think some of our OBP stats may be a little inflated. It seems to me that some opposing pitchers have exhibited a lot of wildness. It often hasn't been too hard to get a base on balls.  Seeing quite a gap in some of the BAs and OBPs. We definitely need to see more hitting. We are getting base runners, but not enough runs.

Stabbed by Foulke

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

Nice hitting with RISP today. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

JBJ is 5th on the team in OBP. While .327 is not very good, he's not the weakest link on offense.

Sox4ever

[/QUOTE]

Thats not saying much Moon. His OPS is just .645, which stinks. I would send WMB down first, Bradley to follow if there is no improvement.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Sox4ever

[/QUOTE]

Thats not saying much Moon. His OPS is just .645, which stinks. I would send WMB down first, Bradley to follow if there is no improvement.

[/QUOTE]

Wow... You rather have Sizemore instead of Bradley??? Come on lad you cannot be serious.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

[QUOTE]

These guys are useless at the plate. As of right now, Bradley is at .210/.639 and Middlebrooks is at .200/.702. One needs to go tomorrow; the other should follow in about three weeks if there is no improvement. 

[/QUOTE]

Replace with whom?  I just posted on another thread that there is no fix in pawtucket at the moment. Middy had a nice hit tonight and has a nice life time average with bases loaded.  He is getting a little more respect from the beat writers than he gets from you.  JBJ plays center too well to give up on.  Even Remy is talking about how he has the best arm since before Crisp, Damon and Jacoby in CC.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to chickenandboose's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Sox4ever

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wow... You rather have Sizemore instead of Bradley??? Come on lad you cannot be serious.

[/QUOTE]

Sizemore's OPS is about 50 points higher and climbing, and he plays an excellent CF. When he cannot play there Vic can do it. As far as replacing WMB, I would slide Bogey over to third and either trade for a SS or sign Drew for the rest of the year. Last I heard he is unemployed. I would send WMB down first, before Bradley. Teams that are having a hard time scoring runs cannot affort to have guys with BAs and OPS that those two players are sporting.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to chickenandboose's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Sox4ever

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sizemore's OPS is about 50 points higher and climbing, and he plays an excellent CF. When he cannot play there Vic can do it. As far as replacing WMB, I would slide Bogey over to third and either trade for a SS or sign Drew for the rest of the year. Last I heard he is unemployed. I would send WMB down first, before Bradley. Teams that are having a hard time scoring runs cannot affort to have guys with BAs and OPS that those two players are sporting.

[/QUOTE]

No No No.. That's not going to happen.

First of all, the FO is committed to XBo at SS and that's not going to change.  He's going to get AT LEAST 1/2 a year to prove whether he can do it.

Next... if you send JBJ down, who are you going to put in RF when VIC is in CF?   Gomes?  Nava? Carp?  None of those guys can play RF.

JBJ is another guy the FO is committed to so we may as well get used to it.

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Game winning hit from Middy!  Send him down, though, I agree.  Or trade him.  He's bad on both sides and has been for over a year now.  Does he need to keep proving that he doesn't belong?  Sign Drew as starting shortstop for this year and next and by then maybe Marrero or Betts or somebody steps up.  Move XB to 3b.  Our world series winning infield, why not bring it back?  It worked.  Moon is right about X at SS, he'll be average at best.  And he's already had a baptism by fire at 3b and performed well enough.  JBJ stays because of his defense and his baseball acumen.  Sizemore is fragile.  Three centerfielders is a nice luxury, but two are injury prone and need days off.  Bradley will likely improve by degrees at the plate.  Both the Sox and Yankees would be far better teams with Drew at short.  The Yanks probably hope Jeter sees the truth of this, or may even force the issue, but who will change the thinking of the Sox brass on XB at short?  Whichever team gets Drew probably plays in Oct.  Not because Drew is a great player, he isn't, he's a very good player, but because his presence at short would make either team considerably stronger overall.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Even if you don't like Middlebrooks who else do you want playing third in his place? If you say Holt it means you are insane by the way.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to soxnewmex's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Game winning hit from Middy!  Send him down, though, I agree.  Or trade him.  He's bad on both sides and has been for over a year now.  Does he need to keep proving that he doesn't belong?  Sign Drew as starting shortstop for this year and next and by then maybe Marrero or Betts or somebody steps up.  Move XB to 3b.  Our world series winning infield, why not bring it back?  It worked.  Moon is right about X at SS, he'll be average at best.  And he's already had a baptism by fire at 3b and performed well enough.  JBJ stays because of his defense and his baseball acumen.  Sizemore is fragile.  Three centerfielders is a nice luxury, but two are injury prone and need days off.  Bradley will likely improve by degrees at the plate.  Both the Sox and Yankees would be far better teams with Drew at short.  The Yanks probably hope Jeter sees the truth of this, or may even force the issue, but who will change the thinking of the Sox brass on XB at short?  Whichever team gets Drew probably plays in Oct.  Not because Drew is a great player, he isn't, he's a very good player, but because his presence at short would make either team considerably stronger overall.

[/QUOTE]

yes, 16 homers last year in 94 games really proves he does not belong.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Even if you don't like Middlebrooks who else do you want playing third in his place? If you say Holt it means you are insane by the way.

[/QUOTE]

I posted basically the same last night.  Garin's arm is not that great and for the people who talk about Middy's first step being slow, Garin' Ceccihini's first step will put you to sleep.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Or trade him. He's bad on both sides and has been for over a year now.

Both sides?  Most people that watch every day are saying great things about his defense.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

That's why I don't take this thread seriously.  I see no way that Gomes-Sizemore-Vic is superior to Sizemore-JBJ-Vic, especially when our biggest issue so far is defense.

And no one is taking WMB's place.  We are 9-6 when WMB starts and 8-11 when he doesn't.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

I question anyones character and their love for the game who would sit at home April and May after rejecting more than $10 Million dollars to play.... Drew is not welcome here.

[/QUOTE]

He turned down a QO and no offers came in. What else should he have done? Begged from league minimum from the Mets and hope that they would make a QO next fall?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

WMB went 1-for-3 with a walk and drove in the winning run. I'll give him a pass on that bus ride for another day or two.

Seriously, at this point it might be easier to poll the forum on who should be allowed to stay.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

offensive numbers are down across the board for the Sox thus far this year.  it seems every single player is below (or far below) their statistical "norm".  as fans, we have a terrible time with patience.  but somehow, someway we need to find some.  especially with having the kids play (which many of you wanted to happen). 

JBJ should be given the full year at CF.  he is a ++ defender and anything he gives on offense is a bonus.  and every single AB he has in the bigs this year will help him for next year...and the year after that....and 5 years from now.  it's called growing pains for a reason. 

WMB is a bit different because we have all seen this movie each of the past 2 seasons.  sometimes it was injury, sometimes it was terrible pitch recognition, sometimes it was fishing off the company in-game reporter pier.  right now i am willing to give him another month to sink or (hopefully) swim.

X-bo should be the starting SS for the Boston Red Sox for the next 10+ years.  He boots a ball or two as a 21 year old and now the avalanche has started that he is an atrocious defensive SS?  seems ridiculous to me.  Errors havent cost this team wins so far this season.  cold bats and even colder bats with risp have cost this team.  moving xander to 3b wont fix that.  take a season long Xanax and let the kid play SS.  again, it's called growing pains for a reason.  every play he makes (or muffs) this year will make him a better player next year. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

We have Pedroia, Vic, Ortiz, Nap and AJ----that I feel comfortable will make contact sufficient to get it out of the infield.

Right now Size would be next. That leaves Xander, JBJ and WMB--as non factors in the lineup. If Ross is in there in place of AJ--5 bats and almost 4 guaranteed outs. The pitchers have to maintain a 3 to 3.5 ERA to keep the Sox in games---that's a lot of pressure.

We all know this won't last much longer but at this time no one is running away with the East--I would send down Xander first and bring up Marrero to play SS. I would then send out WMB and bring up Ryan Roberts or Holt while WMB finds his swing. In two weeks if JBJ doesn't start hitting move Size to CF and platoon Carp and Gomes--send JBJ to AAA. It won't hurt to give these three a AAA breather to find their swings and hopefully get the swagger back. 

Yes they beat the Reds 2 of 2--hardly the best in the NL---they can't hit in the clutch either.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

That leaves Xander, JBJ and WMB--as non factors in the lineup. If Ross is in there in place of AJ--5 bats and almost 4 guaranteed outs. ....I would send down Xander first and bring up Marrero to play SS. I would then send out WMB and bring up Ryan Roberts or Holt while WMB finds his swing.

I guess I can't tell anymore what is satire around here and what isn't, but

1. With an OBP pushing .380, Xander has hardly been an "automatic out."

2. What makes you think Marrero will be any better than Bogaerts offensively, or Roberts/Holt any better than Middlebrooks?

The Red Sox didn't make the decision to stick with Middy this winter so they could kick him out of the lineup after his first 15 games.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Errors havent cost this team wins so far this season...

Actually, one error by Bogey did allow the winning run to score, but I do agree, no one play or player wins or loses a game (except for maybe Papi).

Sox4ever

Sections
Shortcuts