Time is near for Nicknames for our Players on the 2014 Roster

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Re: Time is near for Nicknames for our Players on the 2014 Roster

In response to JoseLaguna's comment:

This is just for FUN like it was in recent seasons. Many of the Forum regulars enjoy calling the players that they root for and respect with funny names.  I am presenting a list of nicknames that many of our adult forum regulars used in past seasons. These names were mixed in with thread titles, opening posts, posts, and definitely game threads. The following list is what I can recall but the list is just a fraction of what was used. Please feel free to add to the list. The  nicknames are in the left column and the posters who coined / used them are on the right.

Buckett                                                                                           Georom

FO Boot Lickers                                                                            Georom

Crawful                                                                                           Andrewmitch

Crawbust                                                                                       Andrewmitch

Bahston Sux                                                                                 Babe / Jimmy Proffer

Theo Chicks                                                                                 Law

Nancy Drew                                                                                 Dannycater

Lackluster                                                                                    PumpsieGreen / Redsoxdirtdog

Slackey                                                                                         PumpsieGreen / Redsoxdirtdog

PapelSmear                                                                                PumpsieGreen / SeabeachFred

Francoma  / Coma                                                                      Bosox1941 / RedsoxDr

Bellsbury / Jake                                                                          Softlaw

Wastefield                                                                                   PumpsieGreen / SeachbeachFred

Guitar Boy / Boy Wonder                                                            Law     

Peddy                                                                                          JimmyProffer

Spit & Chew                                                                                Bosox1941

Tito won despite himself                                                          Bosox1941

Some of you Jabronis might recall more nicknames,

The Yazzer clan ( Yazzer / Hurtlocker / DeerHunter . MrYazz /  Triumph / ConanObrien/ Tatoo / Torgo/ TVFrank/ CrowTRobot wanted me to tell you to ESAD and that they are proud to be atheists. Also don't forget to watch Bill Maher. Bill-806 hasn't mentioned Luciano lately.

Seriousy, we need many of the adult forum members to submit funny nicknames for players on this roster. To do so, pretend for a moment that you are still in sixth grade and out on the playground. Thanks.

Pike in the interests of accuracy, those were not the nicknames I used for the players in question. First, Francoma is mine, not Bosox1941's, though I did not invent that name. Sit and Spit, not Sit and Chew, is also mine. You are giving Bosox WAY too much credit. And I never called Lackey "Slackey"; it was "Lacking". There were also many other nicknames that you failed to include at all. If you are going to publish this kind of list, you should strive for precise accuracy. Unfortunately, this list is like the rest of your posts: rubbish.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I don't have any. When I was in 6th grade, in the playground, I  was trying to sneak a peek at Patricia. I did not have any clever nicknames for ballplayers. After all these years, still don't.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

This is just for FUN like it was in recent seasons. Many of the Forum regulars enjoy calling the players that they root for and respect with funny names.  I am presenting a list of nicknames that many of our adult forum regulars used in past seasons. These names were mixed in with thread titles, opening posts, posts, and definitely game threads. The following list is what I can recall but the list is just a fraction of what was used. Please feel free to add to the list. The  nicknames are in the left column and the posters who coined / used them are on the right.

Buckett                                                                                           Georom

FO Boot Lickers                                                                            Georom

Crawful                                                                                           Andrewmitch

Crawbust                                                                                       Andrewmitch

Bahston Sux                                                                                 Babe / Jimmy Proffer

Theo Chicks                                                                                 Law

Nancy Drew                                                                                 Dannycater

Lackluster                                                                                    PumpsieGreen / Redsoxdirtdog

Slackey                                                                                         PumpsieGreen / Redsoxdirtdog

PapelSmear                                                                                PumpsieGreen / SeabeachFred

Francoma  / Coma                                                                      Bosox1941 / RedsoxDr

Bellsbury / Jake                                                                          Softlaw

Wastefield                                                                                   PumpsieGreen / SeachbeachFred

Guitar Boy / Boy Wonder                                                            Law     

Peddy                                                                                          JimmyProffer

Spit & Chew                                                                                Bosox1941

Tito won despite himself                                                          Bosox1941

The Yazzer clan ( Yazzer / Hurtlocker / DeerHunter . MrYazz /  Triumph / ConanObrien/ Tatoo / Torgo/ TVFrank/ CrowTRobot wanted me to tell you to ESAD and that they are proud to be atheists. Also don't forget to watch Bill Maher. Bill-806 hasn't mentioned Luciano lately.

Seriousy, we need many of the adult forum members to submit funny nicknames for players on this roster. To do so, pretend for a moment that you are still in sixth grade and out on the playground. Thanks.

Pike in the interests of accuracy, those were not the nicknames I used for the players in question. First, Francoma is mine, not Bosox1941's, though I did not invent that name. Sit and Spit, not Sit and Chew, is also mine. You are giving Bosox WAY too much credit. And I never called Lackey "Slackey"; it was "Lacking". There were also many other nicknames that you failed to include at all. If you are going to publish this kind of list, you should strive for precise accuracy. Unfortunately, this list is like the rest of your posts: rubbish.

I appreciate your editing and adding Pumsie. That is the purpose of the thread. Please add to it. Remember that this is FUN. Remember that we need new nicknames for this years roster.

I know you do Pike. Why not try to come up with some yourself? Just for fun. I am certainly not going to do all the work FOR you. Go ahead...have at it!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Pierzynski> AJP

Ross> Boss

Ortiz> Pappa (as in "I love it when you call me big Pappa...")

Carp> Garp

Pedroia> Peedie

Bogaerts> Bogie

Herrera> Hair

Middlebrooks> Will-dah-beast

Nava> Super Nava

Gomes> Gnomes

Bradley Jr.> JBJ

Sizemore> Comeback Player of the Year

Victorino> Reno

Lester> Ace

Buccholz> Buck

Lackey> J L

Peavy> Jay Pea

Doubront> Doubie

Uehara> You-EEE!

Mujica> Magi

Tazwa> Tazz

Breslow> Brezz

Miller> Miller Time

Badenhop> Hop

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Not exactly something to boast about.  And you have the audacity to criticize crowtrobot for his juvenile hijinks?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Pumpsie regards the nicknames as the message board equivalent of a Second Amendment right.  'I'll give you my nicknames when you pry them from my cold, dead hands.'

Nobody can take credit for Francoma.  When a manager has the name Francona, Francoma is a gimme.  On the cleverness scale it's right there with Yankee fans calling their guy Retardi - which some do.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

What a constructive thread, Pike...good job. Looks like the moderators liked it, too.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Really, how childish !! This is baseball, please GROW UP !!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Really, how childish !! This is baseball, please GROW UP !!!

Yes, those nicknames are so childish, like DAY TO DAY CLAY, and STRANGE CLAY !!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

if i was to make up derogatory names off the top of my head:

will middledell

xanderror bogaerts

pew-pew-pew

miKe napoli

Nada

j-thugs (credit to andrew)

j.b.aaa

sizeless

big whiny

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I just call them champions

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

Pretty much says it all, doesn't it?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

hahaha.  winner winner chicken dinner.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

i have a few...but...you can't say that on TV..so nevermind Tongue Out

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

I sure didn't know I coined Lackluster or Slackey, but I may well have used those knicknames as Lackey was a hot mess back then.

Folks cane try revisionist history all they like, but he and Beckett were absolutely dragging the pitching staff & the team down at that time.  No question about it.  We know now that he was injured, but that does not excuse the who gives a rip attitude by Beckett and himself.

Flash forward.....  I've never seen a redemption return quite like this!!!  Ever.  Not only has he made the biggest comeback ever, he did so without any, "I told you so's."

Hats off to Lack!  He sure as hell was not a slacker or Lackluster last year!  Good on ya John!

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts