Time to Bench Salty

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Time to Bench Salty

Loving the fact that Salty has kept his OBP over .325 almost the entire season long (at least since early May).

Sox4ever

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Hope Salty's back is OK.

Sox4ever

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

Lavarnway's first HR of '13.  It's all over for Salty.  Tongue Out

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to CTJake14's comment:

Lavarnway's first HR of '13.  It's all over for Salty.  Tongue Out

The "next Carlton Fisk"!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Is he OK now as a starter?

Sox4ever

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

Good find.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Is he OK now as a starter?

Sox4ever

I was trying to find this thread for like 20 minutes to bump. Good find moon!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

softy called Salty a "back-up profile".

Sox4ever

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Salty is going to end up with an OPS over 800.

40 doubles (tops alltime for a Sox catcher).

54 XBHs.

Much improved with the staff.

An OBP over .335.

No bad for a "back-up profile catcher".

Sox4ever

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Since 2012, only 9 catchers have more PAs and a higher OBP than Salty's 916 PAs and .313 OBP.

Only 4 catchers have more PAs and a higher SLG% (.460).

Only 6 players have more PAs and a higher OPS (.773) than Salty.

Sox4ever

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Is it time to make Ross the FT catcher and put Salty back into his "part-time profile"?

Sox4ever

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Where's the guy who said Salty can't get a hit when we need it?

Sox4ever

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:

Salty is a back-up catcher profile. Why have you recently stopped posting your rants about CERA and Salty and trading Salty. Carry on, Curly. 

You stopped reading.

I have posted Salty's much improved CERA numbers just a couple pages back. 

Get back to me, if you can read that much in one week.

Still sticking to the "back-up profile" nonsense, whila t the same time saying we should pay the "back-up" $10M.

Salty missed finishing 8th in MLB for innings by a catcher by less than 3 innings.

Salty finished 6th in catcher OPS at .804 out of all catchers with 450+ PAs.

(BTW, your guy VMart, you know, the one you said was an "elite hitter" ended up with a .785 OPS this year- just as I projected his decline would take him. Salty also had as many HRs as VMart in about 200 less PAs.) 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

You stopped reading.

(LOL, "much improved CERA numbers" seem to coincide with his recent plate work and your cowardly need for Board approval in your predictable reflexive comments)

Still sticking to the "back-up profile" nonsense, whila t the same time saying we should pay the "back-up" $10M.

(He wasn't starting Game 2, Curly. My offer for Salty is based on his split use as a backup catcher/1B/DH over the next 2 to 3 years)

Salty missed finishing 8th in MLB for innings by a catcher by less than 3 innings.

(What does plate work have to do with fielding the catcher position. Nothing!)

(BTW, your guy VMart, you know, the one you said was an "elite hitter" ended up with a .785 OPS this year- just as I projected his decline would take him. Salty also had as many HRs as VMart in about 200 less PAs.) 

VMart had a bad year, stooge, with his .301 BA and his .355 OBP and .430 slugging, while appearing in 159 of 162 games. While VMart's not and never has been a slugger, he's an elite hitter with hand/eye coordination that Salty can't even dream of. 

Your man Varitek was kicked out of baseball. 

Unlike you, I never supported your campaign to trade Salty because of stupid CERA nonsense.

Ummmmmmmm........you do realize that Matinez is a DH right?  Apparently he's also not as good a hitter as Salty considering that the only stat you seem to care about is OPS.....isn;t that right Softy??  It's the one stat you ALWAYS turn to when talking about Drew or Ells.....so I guess using YOUR logic that means he is inferior to Salty.....

Thanks Softy......  dufus...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

You stopped reading.

(LOL, "much improved CERA numbers" seem to coincide with his recent plate work and your cowardly need for Board approval in your predictable reflexive comments)

(He wasn't starting Game 2, Curly. My offer for Salty is based on his split use as a backup catcher/1B/DH over the next 2 to 3 years)

(What does plate work have to do with fielding the catcher position. Nothing!)

VMart had a bad year, stooge, with his .301 BA and his .355 OBP and .430 slugging, while appearing in 159 of 162 games. While VMart's not and never has been a slugger, he's an elite hitter with hand/eye coordination that Salty can't even dream of. 

You wanted us to outbid the Tigers for  VMart. You called him "an elite hitter", but argued with me that matt Holliday was not "elite". You claimed VMart could catch for 2 years and then become our DH when Papi retired and back-up catcher.

VMart is not an elite hitter. He is not a catcher anymore. He would not have fit with the Sox. You were wrong on every aspect of VMart, but somehow twist this into me being wrong.

Your man Varitek was kicked out of baseball. 

Is that so?

Unlike you, I never supported your campaign to trade Salty because of stupid CERA nonsense.

Yes, but unlike you, I admit my mistakes. I did not see the possibility that Salty would or could improve his work with our staff. You deny it is even a slight skill.

You still call one of MLB's top 10 catchers a "back-up profile". Just as you wanted Jacoby to be our 4th OF'er in 2011. You deserve the name "clown". It fits you well.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Salty has had some clutch hits as well.

he fits very well into this lineup.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

Salty has had some clutch hits as well.

he fits very well into this lineup.

He was one of the team's best clutch hitters in 2012. He dipped some this year, before coming on strong at the end.

He's well rested now: I expect good thing through the rest of the playoffs, especially as we start facing more and more RHPs.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Funny thing about the title of this thread--Farrell apparently agreed with it Saturday when he benched Salty to start Ross at catcher.  Why?  Because Ross had hit Price and Salty had not.  Funny thing, though, Salty's pitcher did a whole lot better than Ross's pitcher, and for this season Lackey has had a much lower ERA than Lester.  Just one game each, of course, but more and more Salty is emerging as a pretty decent all around catcher. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Salty has and should continue to sit vs most LHPs. For catchers, that's no big deal. Most "starting catchers" sit 20-40% of the time anyways.

Sox4ever

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Salty! Salty! SALTY!