Time to Call Up Cook and Middlebrooks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Time to Call Up Cook and Middlebrooks

Cook - Complete game, 1 ER.
    Middlebrooks, 8th HR, 25th RBI.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Re: Time to Call Up Cook and Middlebrooks

I agree completely.  I've changed my tune on Bard.  Time to move him to the pen.  It will be an instant improvement.  As for Middlebrooks, it's time.  Can't leave a guy like that down there.  It's time for Youk to go.  Bring the kid up and give this team some positive energy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Lavarnaway too.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

Cook will get 1 more start in AAA before his opt out date.  It's worth noting that while has now pitched 2 complete games, they were both of the 7 inning variety.

Middlebrooks and Lava won't be called up until the Sox have an extra year of control secured.  That's approaching very quickly for Middlebrooks, but Lava and Iggy are still well over a month away.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

cook should be called up...keep bard in the bullpen...cook earned it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I Love Middlebrooks but I don't want to rush him. I say all star breakish for him and Cook obviously needs to be brought up you can not let him go. And Lavarnway is fine with me anytime.
    Iggy is another wait and see. I wish he would be hitting a bit more before we bring him up but either way I am ok with SS.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

In Response to Re: Time to Call Up Cook and Middlebrooks:
    [QUOTE]I Love Middlebrooks but I don't want to rush him. I say all star breakish for him and Cook obviously needs to be brought up you can not let him go. And Lavarnway is fine with me anytime. Iggy is another wait and see. I wish he would be hitting a bit more before we bring him up but either way I am ok with SS.
    Posted by DaBlade[/QUOTE]
    I know he's no Lavarnway, but Iggy's got his average up to .241 now.  He even picked up a double to go with 3 steals on the season.  He has a .364 OBP over his last 10 games.  He's hitting really well... for him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

[QUOTE]cook should be called up...keep bard in the bullpen...cook earned it.
    Posted by raider3524[/QUOTE]

Bard has earned his spot in the rotation, as well.  He's pitched better than Buchholz and Lester.

Problem with Cook is he gave up a lot of hits tonight.  If he had pitched against the Yankees or Texas with the same stuff he had tonight, he might have gotten hammered.

Second problem is, Ohlendorf has pitched just as well, and Germano has pitched even better.  Why is no one calling for them to be called up?

Would I like to see Middlebrooks up now?  Absolutely.  I like bringing a hot hand up and putting him in the lineup.  Don't wait until he cools off.  However, where would Youk go?  To the bench?  Not a good scenario, in my mind.  If Beane would trade Balfour for Youk, then Middlebrooks could be brought up and the team improves is three ways:  bullpen, defense, and offense. 

Middlebrooks is not as good as he is going right now, and Youk is not as bad as he is going right now, but Middlebrooks brings more power to the table, and has been much more clutch this season.  Would love to see him in this lineup full of guys who do little other than ground out and pop out with RISP.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

As much as I'd like to see Middlebrooks up I don't want him rushed to the majors. Let's get Cook up here and keep Bard in the pen.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

[QUOTE]As much as I'd like to see Middlebrooks up I don't want him rushed to the majors. Let's get Cook up here and keep Bard in the pen.
    Posted by stan17[/QUOTE]
    What's to rush stan.  Middlebrooks has nothing else to prove in the minors, he is wasting his ABs down there now.  Bring him up.  I agree with your Cook, Bard assessment.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to Call Up Cook and Middlebrooks : What's to rush stan.  Middlebrooks has nothing else to prove in the minors, he is wasting his ABs down there now.  Bring him up.  I agree with your Cook, Bard assessment.
    Posted by Mchampion[/QUOTE]

Well he's played a total of 34 gm's at AAA with around 130 AB's. Thats a pretty small sample size. But if the team thinks he's ready so be it. I just wanna see the guy to succeed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomp4. Show boomp4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to Call Up Cook and Middlebrooks : Well he's played a total of 34 gm's at AAA with around 130 AB's. Thats a pretty small sample size. But if the team thinks he's ready so be it. I just wanna see the guy to succeed.
    Posted by stan17[/QUOTE]

I agree with this - Youk will hit and if/when he gets hurt the call will then made.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brawny27. Show Brawny27's posts

It is time for a few changes,Bard is the best move to solidify our pen,you then have Cook,olendorf, germano for our 5 starter or wait for dice-k. Bard instantly upgrades our pen!

Sections
Shortcuts