Time to D L HAMMY Hanrahan and bring up another arm......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Time to D L HAMMY Hanrahan and bring up another arm......

And MOVE ON !!!    Can't pitch if your in pain !!!  We have others waiting in the wings !!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Time to D L HAMMY Hanrahan and bring up another arm......

Is it too early to give Webster his shot?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to BaddBrains's comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

And MOVE ON !!!    Can't pitch if your in pain !!!  We have others waiting in the wings !!!

It's getting much warmer this coming week in Boston. No need to panic.

Warmer ????  What station are you tuned to ???

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

I would say yes if Aceves didnt do well, but he did. I think after his last performance, he deserves another start if need be. Good to see Webster doing so well in AAA though. Good things lie ahead for the Sox and Webster.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

last night couldnt sleep and posted somewhere that medical staff should take a look at Hanrahan.  am surprised it turned out to be hamstring, but clearly something has been wrong.  it is oddly encouraging to me to learn that he does indeed have a physical problem.  now instead of writing him off, we can hope  he returns healed at some point and is effective as closer.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

move on!!! can't post if you're insane.

No, then where will we get our comic relief?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Its sad that even when Bill posts a serious opinion about a real issue with the team he get ridiculed anyway. Maybe some of his posts deserve a serious discussion. Just my two cents worth.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

I would say yes if Aceves didnt do well, but he did. I think after his last performance, he deserves another start if need be. Good to see Webster doing so well in AAA though. Good things lie ahead for the Sox and Webster.

webster doing so well?? I checked his stats and he has only started 1 game (a very good 1) while 4 others have started 2 games. Not sure why he hasnt pitched since Aptil 5th.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Got to say--I'm impressed Hanny tried to pitch through the hammy--I suggest, don't do it again--most of the fans in Boston aren't really impressed when players do that--they realize it can lead to a long DL stay plus certain fans are unmerciful when players making more than a couple of Mill have poor outings. 

The manager, GM, Owners other coaches understand injuries but Bill and Softy are super critical and want guys brought up who are making the minimum. BINGO

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrickford. Show patrickford's posts

Curious about this hamstring report. Was Hanrahan not being up front about the problem and trying to pitch through it?  Not a good idea, but hard to hold toughness against a player.

If the Red Sox knew and were thinking he could work it out that's a real bad idea.

Is it at all possible this is some excuse they have cooked up to take heat off Hanrahan while he tries to sort out a mechanical flaw? 

In any event he's going to do some time in the minors and the results being looked for will be strikes. It's somewhat the same with Bard. If he's not throwing strikes then the sox can't use him. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Another case of a pitcher either trying to pitch through an injury or not telling anyone...and stinking up the joint and hurting the team.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrickford. Show patrickford's posts

The official report makes it sound like the Sox knew. There is mention of him getting treatment over the past week or so.  

I'm finding that hard to believe. It would be moronic to send a guy out in cold weather with a tight hamstring. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

I do think if JF knew there was a problem he would have put it on the table and be open , honest and direct about it knowing the media would continue pursuing a possible injury issue. Perhaps Hanny asked to give it another  shot and after walking two JF felt enough with the experiment. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to stillallbost08's comment:

webster doing so well?? I checked his stats and he has only started 1 game (a very good 1) while 4 others have started 2 games. Not sure why he hasnt pitched since Aptil 5th.

Allen Webster started a game on the 10th that was suspended because of rain after 2 Innings, and will be made up later. Thats why he has one less game.

He did have 4K and 0 runs after 2IP though and hasnt given up a run yet in 7IP.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:

I do think if JF knew there was a problem he would have put it on the table and be open , honest and direct about it knowing the media would continue pursuing a possible injury issue. Perhaps Hanny asked to give it another  shot and after walking two JF felt enough with the experiment. 

Guys play with issues all the time. A lot of times you can play through it like Hanny was doing since game 2 in NY. He saved 3 games before it really started to bother his mechanics. It started to affect him when they returned home and are now addressing it. Sounds about par for the course. No big deal. Bailey will step in until hanrahan is feeling better.

It would be ridiculous to take every player out who has something bothering him. When it starts to affect his game is when you pull the plug.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I hope he gets his shot, but I think that has more to do w Aceves than it does w/ Hanrahan. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

I hope he gets his shot, but I think that has more to do w Aceves than it does w/ Hanrahan. 

Maybe, maybe not Drew.

If Hanny goes on the DL they need to replace him in the BP, but have no BP arms on the 40-man. Im sure they dont want to DFA a player and take the chance of losing him. So one solution could be to put Aceves back there and bring up Webster (whos on the 40-man) for a couple games.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Maybe, maybe not Drew.

If Hanny goes on the DL they need to replace him in the BP, but have no BP arms on the 40-man. Im sure they dont want to DFA a player and take the chance of losing him. So one solution could be to put Aceves back there and bring up Webster (whos on the 40-man) for a couple games.

I dont think so.  I think they need to know what they have in Aceves before Breslow and Morales return.  I think Aceves pitched well enough to get another start.  I think they go w/one less pen arm for teh short term.

I'm not happy about it (would LOVE to see Webster w/ Bos); however, I think that Aceves has Lackey's spot until either a) Lackey returns or b) Aceves implodes

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

De La Rosa has major league bullpen experience, they could call him up to replace Hanrahan.  Stephen Wright makes an intriguing option as well.  I like the thought of a knuckleball pen pitcher.  After seeing fastballs all day, you are going to make an opposing lineup face the knuckler their last time through?  Thats borderline unfair (a good thing).

Of course, you'd have to pick and choose your spots (wouldnt want to bring him in w/ runners on)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

De La Rosa has major league bullpen experience, they could call him up to replace Hanrahan.  Stephen Wright makes an intriguing option as well.  I like the thought of a knuckleball pen pitcher.  After seeing fastballs all day, you are going to make an opposing lineup face the knuckler their last time through?  Thats borderline unfair (a good thing).

Of course, you'd have to pick and choose your spots (wouldnt want to bring him in w/ runners on)

Your right DREW..... ACEVES is the 64MIL ???????????????

Sections
Shortcuts