Time to DFA Gonzalez 1 for 5, sheeeeeeeees

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Time to DFA Gonzalez 1 for 5, sheeeeeeeees

Can you believe it?  Only one hit ... he's falling off ... cut our losses now .....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpikeCunn5. Show SpikeCunn5's posts

Re: Time to DFA Gonzalez 1 for 5, sheeeeeeeees

Yea 1 for 5 with 2 strike outs what a bum. Atleast JD had 3 strike outs he should be fine here on BDC

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

The real questions are:

Would you trade AGon to San Diego today for Rizzo/Casey Kelly and...

Josh Beckett straight up for Hanley?

My answer is no on both.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Burrito,

You're dead on there! 

I am excited every time Adrian comes to the plate.  I am not sure if I had as much anicipation witrh Manny and Papi  when they were back to back.

Maybe, aside from his obvious skills, I know he will be giving 100% each time.  Manny was special and I know there's baggage there, but back then  who knew?  Manny being Manny turned out to be more than quirkiness, which I like (quirkiness, that is...) 

I hope Rizzo and Kelly et. al, have great careers, but Adrian has already proven himself in an almost unique way ...

I know you know the OP is just goofin'.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FRNYYGL. Show FRNYYGL's posts

To my good friend SinceYaz, the Mark Twain/Will Rogers, of our era. Kudos on another brilliant post. You are the envy of all the local baseball scribes in the region. Your literary genius far surpasses the mundane writing of the Globe's  Abraham, Cafardo, Shaughnessy, and Ryan.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Finally Frank, Your making sense!!! I too like to read a good post or discussion started by Yaz..A good soul indeed..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Re: Time to DFA Gonzalez 1 for 5, sheeeeeeeees:
    [QUOTE]To my good friend SinceYaz, the Mark Twain/Will Rogers, of our era. Kudos on another brilliant post. You are the envy of all the local baseball scribes in the region. Your literary genius far surpasses the mundane writing of the Globe's  Abraham,  Cafardo, Shaughnessy, and Ryan.
    Posted by FRNYYGL[/QUOTE]

I particularly like Nick (Cafardo) and Bob(Ryan) can be quite entertaining, both are knowledgeable. I don't waste my time on Shaughnessy.  I do like Mazz sometimes.  Mr. Abraham is to be honored for his body of work, but I don't read him often.

Just FYI.

:o)

All their writings are mundane ... they do it all the timeBut then breathing is mundane... and I wouldn't want to go without that either.

Now, if you had gone far enough to have said banal, that starts whole new vistas of response and thought!!!

This is fun, Frankie.  Let's play some more.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FRNYYGL. Show FRNYYGL's posts

Let me put it another way, my good friend SinceYaz. Your writings are deeper, and more intellectually combative than our local sports writers. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I normally don't worry about theses things but I am a bit concerned they are considering putting Gonzalez in right field ..... he is a slow runner so defensively we would suffer but more important on the issue is the possibility of a crazy injury playing out of position...

Of course to sit Ortiz 9 straight games could cause him to go into a funk...

I think perhaps a 3 games on and 1 off for Gonzales, with Ortiz also getting some late innings play-time and pinch hitting.  Ortiz can start 1 to 3 games at first.

Anyone?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]Let me put it another way, my good friend SinceYaz. Your writings are deeper, and more intellectually combative than our local sports writers. 
    Posted by FRNYYGL[/QUOTE]

But of course, my astute antgagonist.

And why would that be, one might ask?

Because I do it purely for love.  There is no thought given to payment.  Not even a single consideration considered toward considerations ....

I'm gonna go p u ke now.  Uh - regurgitate ...

I'm kidding.  Who'd want to give up a perfectly good peanut butter, bacon and mayo sandwich for no reason ... or even for a reason?????

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

LOL!..hey Yaz-o, don't forget to give Theo a kick in the butt for bringing him to Beantown...:-) 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

[QUOTE]I normally don't worry about theses things but I am a bit concerned they are considering putting Gonzalez in right field ..... he is a slow runner so defensively we would suffer but more important on the issue is the possibility of a crazy injury playing out of position... Of course to sit Ortiz 9 straight games could cause him to go into a funk... I think perhaps a 3 games on and 1 off for Gonzales, with Ortiz also getting some late innings play-time and pinch hitting.  Ortiz can start 1 to 3 games at first. Anyone?
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Agree 100% ... the defense would suffer big time with both Ortiz on first and Gonzo out of position, and we are playing scrappy National League teams.   Ortiz should take over first a few games, and get in for pinch hitting when he can.

The cost of losing Gonzo at this point is not worth what they gain by throwing him in RF.   And I swear all I can see is Els crashing into him on one of those nowhere-land fly balls. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to DFA Gonzalez 1 for 5, sheeeeeeeees : Agree 100% ... the defense would suffer big time with both Ortiz on first and Gonzo out of position, and we are playing scrappy National League teams.   Ortiz should take over first a few games, and get in for pinch hitting when he can. The cost of losing Gonzo at this point is not worth what they gain by throwing him in RF.   And I swear all I can see is Els crashing into him on one of those nowhere-land fly balls. 
    Posted by soxmeister[/QUOTE]

You just sent chills down my spine ....  not good ones either.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to DFA Gonzalez 1 for 5, sheeeeeeeees : Agree 100% ... the defense would suffer big time with both Ortiz on first and Gonzo out of position, and we are playing scrappy National League teams.   Ortiz should take over first a few games, and get in for pinch hitting when he can. The cost of losing Gonzo at this point is not worth what they gain by throwing him in RF.   And I swear all I can see is Els crashing into him on one of those nowhere-land fly balls. 
    Posted by soxmeister[/QUOTE]Morning meister'..i tell you this, i bet the NL team won't be too thrilled to see either of those two coming off the bench to hit either...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to DFA Gonzalez 1 for 5, sheeeeeeeees : You just sent chills down my spine ....  not good ones either.
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]i don't know Yaz, i think JElls will be loathe to crash into anyone again after his run-in with Mean Joe Beltre...Tongue out

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

First: 8/22/2006
    Last: 6/22/2011
    LOL!..hey Yaz-o, don't forget to give Theo a kick in the butt for bringing him to Beantown...:-) 
     American League East...the roughest neighborhood in America..

One's work is never done, is it Jete?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]Yea 1 for 5 with 2 strike outs what a bum. Atleast JD had 3 strike outs he should be fine here on BDC
    Posted by SpikeCunn5[/QUOTE]

Anyone ever tell you you're cute???

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

Gonzalez has lost most of his trade value based on his batting average falling to .200 for last night's game.

I don't think I'd want to risk Gonzlalez getting hurt in the outfield or Ortiz at first, plus it's weakens the defense there and at first base. Ortiz will get some at bats pinch hitting for pitchers and bottom of the lineup guys late in the game if necessary. It's a shame Papi can't catch.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Lets say Ortiz starts the final game of each of those 3 series... he gets some timely pinch hitting at-bats, and can also come in late innings to get an at-bat. 

Gonzo gets the start in 6 of those 9, and of course can come in and replace Ortiz late in the game to get some swings in and as a defensive replacement in close games.

A bit of rest also benefits Gonzales - it will all be over with before you know it, and no outfield time for Gonzales.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Burrito ...
      Sounds reasonable. 

What I don't want to see is the game Tito draws up every once in a while where BOTH will somehow be out at the same time.

(Did I hear cars crashing?  Yes, I don't always agree with him, but I will always support him.  I've been a fool for lesser things - than 2 WS rings.)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

I can just imagine the numbers he will have at the end of the season. I still think he'll be good for 40HR's and 150 RBI's. He's only 29.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The-Babe----. Show --The-Babe----'s posts

In Response to Time to DFA Gonzalez 1 for 5, sheeeeeeeees:
    [QUOTE]Can you believe it?  Only one hit ... he's falling off ... cut our losses now .....

Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

LOL...the same people who claim that the 1-5 is no big deal because it was just one game are also proclaiming that youk has turned it around after a 4-5 game. Typical rfn.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Time to DFA Gonzalez 1 for 5, sheeeeeeeees : LOL...the same people who claim that the 1-5 is no big deal because it was just one game are also proclaiming that youk has turned it around after a 4-5 game. Typical rfn.
    Posted by --The-Babe----[/QUOTE]

As I said on another post Youk is hitting 276 and is on pace for 24 home runs and 118 RBI.  There isn't anything to turn around.  He is on pace for a really good year.  What's the issue?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to DFA Gonzalez 1 for 5, sheeeeeeeees : As I said on another post Youk is hitting 276 and is on pace for 24 home runs and 118 RBI.  There isn't anything to turn around.  He is on pace for a really good year.  What's the issue?
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

The issue is the color of his blood.  Yours and mine are the richly oxygenated red, his is the waste filled blue ... with streaks ..... or stripes.

Good response, snake.  :oD

Sections
Shortcuts