Time To Find A Good Hitting Center Fielder Now

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Saluda. Show Saluda's posts

Time To Find A Good Hitting Center Fielder Now

JBJ just can't hit major league pitching.. batting .200 after 2 and a half months is ridiculous for a team that hopes to go to the playoffs... he comes up with guys all over the bases, has no power and looks totally lost ... he has no clue at the plate.. watching him today and the last few weeks has been painful

the Red Sox need to make a trade pronto for a decent hitting CF and get JBJ back down to AAA until he matures as a hitter.. it may take years if ever.. at least play Mike Carp as a regular LF Sizemore in CF and Victorino in RF until a trade can be made

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: Time To Find A Good Hitting Center Fielder Now

A.) JBJ has been one of our best hitters with RISP, and anyone who's been watching has seen him actually come up with some clutch hits.

B.) His defense is GG.

C.) he should only get better.

D.) since when did 1.5 months become 2.5 months????

E.) who would you trade for, and who are you willing to give up????

F.) taking Bradley out and replacing him with Carp, will ultimately not make this team any better at all.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Out of the big young 3 rookies (or rookie-esq) the only one I'm worried about is WMB. 

I haven't even given up on him because I have something that a lot of people in here lack. Patience. Championship caliber organizations have patience too. 

No way we get rid of or send down JBJ.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I would like to see Bradley be a little more aggressive at the plate. The idea of working the count seems to be his style. While he can work a few walks that way, it is not good to always be hitting with two strikes. MLB pitchers know how to exploit that and put you away. Sometimes you need to jump on the first good pitch, even if it the first of the at bat. I still think he can become a good hitter. His defense is excellent, but you can say that about most centerfielders. His is not so much better than the others that it can make up for a lack of offense. You need some offensive productivity also. He has to hit to stay in MLB. I think he will. Being a little more aggressive would help. Baseball is a game of continual adjustments, especially for a rookie.

Stabbed by Foulke.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

anxiety because of the record is understandable but the whole division is in a funk so that gives us more time - but you cant make champagne out of lemons...Nava, Carp, JBJ, Sizemore after the injury, Gomes...are these really championship caliber players? No. They are role players who can help a team win or compliment its stars. We have Papi and Lester...its a pretty thin team imo. So lets give the young uns more time...

As always - 100% correct!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

A good hitting, good defensive CF? Why didn't I (and the other 28 - not counting the Angels with Trout - they obviously have this whole team building thing down) think of this earlier? Let's sign one off the waiver wire. What's that you say? Good hitting, good defensive CF don't grow on trees? Oh, darn...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to Archer1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A good hitting, good defensive CF? Why didn't I (and the other 28 - not counting the Angels with Trout - they obviously have this whole team building thing down) think of this earlier? Let's sign one off the waiver wire. What's that you say? Good hitting, good defensive CF don't grow on trees? Oh, darn...

[/QUOTE]

pppplease.  Not only should we go out and get that but we should go out and get an all star 3Bman and a better short stop.  I think the Sox also need to go out and get a #1 starting pitcher....I mean how have they NOT picked up a #1 starting pitcher yet.

I think we need to go out and get a catcher who can hit for average, has good power, and plays GG defense behind the dish.

Why can't we go out and get these things.

I want them! I want them NOW!!! WAAAAAH!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Could we have a catcher too?  You know one of those who can catch but also hit? Yeah, yeah, one of those too.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to Archer1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

funny, I hear the Yankees and oakland want a cf with a good arm

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

and a manager who can manage.....

And then maybe for ONCE!!! we can finally get some ownership in here that will spend some money.

I mean what a bunch of cheapos

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Okay JBJ can't hit--he can field. The minor leagues are loaded with that player resume.

Sizemore can play CF, he doesn't have JBJ's closing on a fly ball, he doesn't have JBJ's arm--Size makes contact.

JBJ needs to go back to AAA and find his swing-when he does he'll be back. My concern is he needs to improve.

I feel the same way about WMB--he needs more time at AAA. We have a replacement in Holt or Roberts. I know he had a hit and two RBI--it's time to get  more bats for the PawSox.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Found this thread title from early 2007:

"Time to find a good hitting second baseman NOW!"

OP went on to rail about the last 6 weeks of the previous season, and first month of 2007 and how Alex Cora and his .400 average were being wasted on the bench for some scrub AAA player who would never be able to hit ML pitching.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Billy Goodman?  Felix Mantilla?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Found this thread title from early 2007:

"Time to find a good hitting second baseman NOW!"

OP went on to rail about the last 6 weeks of the previous season, and first month of 2007 and how Alex Cora and his .400 average were being wasted on the bench for some scrub AAA player who would never be able to hit ML pitching.

[/QUOTE]

Wow!!!! good find

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Trey Ball can pitch and play the outfield and he was our highest draft pick in like a zillion years! Pencil him in!

btw this is the guy we passed up for Trey Ball...and the first outfielder taken in the draft - Austin Meadows (a CF)

http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=meadow000aus

As always - 100% correct!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

"Time to find a good hitting CF, now." You're in luck. One was spotted outside Omaha, NE. He was hitchhiking and appeared to be lost. His location has been passed on to the SOX FO, and they're now in the process of giving him a ride to Boston.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Actually we need two so they wont have to play every day and get ball tired and everything. You can tell by the production of our present well rested outfield

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A.) JBJ has been one of our best hitters with RISP, and anyone who's been watching has seen him actually come up with some clutch hits.

B.) His defense is GG.

F.) taking Bradley out and replacing him with Carp, will ultimately not make this team any better at all.

[/QUOTE]
    Unfortunately the best center fielder we needed is now playing for the Yankees. Great move Larry letting him go and convincing all of Red Sox Nation that Jackie Bradley Junior was ready to take over.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In a similar vein, a great hitting and fielding catcher was spotted outside of Lancaster, PA. Unfortunately, because he's  Amish, he refuses to leave his parents farm. The SOX have offered him a signing bonus of 5 million dollars and promised him he could wear an all black uniform. He's discussing his options with his parents and has yet to make a final decision.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]

B.) His defense is GG.

[/QUOTE]

Amen X5. Especially (f).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to AL34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

B.) His defense is GG.

[/QUOTE]
    Unfortunately the best center fielder we needed is now playing for the Yankees. Great move Larry letting him go and convincing all of Red Sox Nation that Jackie Bradley Junior was ready to take over.

[/QUOTE]

You really wanted to pay Jacoby Ellsbury 7/$154 million??

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Tell that catcher's mother she can have electricity and an indoor toilet

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:

In a similar vein, a great hitting and fielding catcher was spotted outside of Lancaster, PA. Unfortunately, because he's  Amish, he refuses to leave his parents farm. The SOX have offered him a signing bonus of 5 million dollars and promised him he could wear an all black uniform. He's discussing his options with his parents and has yet to make a final decision.

[object HTMLDivElement]    He's making a good living selling eggs on the side of the road. He is giving the farmer a home town discount and showing his loyalty. How much money does one need anyway?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Breaking news: The Amish catcher has decided to stay on the farm because he believes money is the root of all that is evil. SOX will continue to search for that elusive great catcher. If another one is spotted, SOX fans will be notified immediately. Also, more bad news concerning the CF in Omaha, NE. Turns out he had just escaped from federal prison and is not at this time available to play CF for the SOX. The search continues.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Tell that catcher's mother she can have electricity and an indoor toilet

[/QUOTE]

They offered that, but it appears electricity and indoor plumbing is also the root of all that is evil.

Sections
Shortcuts