Time to let Wakefeild go!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbs2007. Show tbs2007's posts

Time to let Wakefeild go!

They have his number, and tee off on the Old Man.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Re: Time to let Wakefeild go!

Tee off?  Which were the hard hit balls?  I believe you are over reacting a bit.  If you want to see a team teeing off, flip over the the Yanks vs. O's and watch AJ pitch.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbs2007. Show tbs2007's posts

In Response to Re: Time to let Wakefeild go!:
    Tee off?  Which were the hard hit balls?  I believe you are over reacting a bit.  If you want to see a team teeing off, flip over the the Yanks vs. O's and watch AJ pitch.
    Posted by jimdavis

It's called 6 straight losses, now we're looking at 7.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In Response to Re: Time to let Wakefeild go! : It's called 6 straight losses, now we're looking at 7.
    Posted by tbs2007

Ummm...

The Sox have won 6 of Wake's last 9 starts.
    He has let up these amounts of ERs in those 9 games:
    4, 4, 3, 3, 3, 7, 3, 3, 5
    The Sox have won 11 of his 18 starts.

What's with the 6 straight losses bullcrapola?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

In Response to Re: Time to let Wakefeild go! : It's called 6 straight losses, now we're looking at 7.
    Posted by tbs2007

What the hell are you talking about?  First, read Moon.  Second, the score is 2-1 not 10-1.  Don't you think the Sox can rally from a 2-1 deficit?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbs2007. Show tbs2007's posts

In Response to Re: Time to let Wakefeild go! : Ummm... The Sox have won 6 of Wake's last 9 starts. He has let up these amounts of ERs in those 9 games: 4, 4, 3, 3, 3, 7, 3, 3, 5 The Sox have won 11 of his 18 starts. What's with the 6 straight losses bullcrapola?
    Posted by moonslav59

It's called how long has he been going for his 200th win? No Decision is a loss in my book. If it  weren't for the Red Sox offense, they would lose whenever he is on the mound.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

In Response to Re: Time to let Wakefeild go! : It's called how long has he been going for his 200th win? No Decision is a loss in my book. If it  weren't for the Red Sox offense, they would lose whenever he is on the mound.
    Posted by tbs2007

A no decision is now a loss.  I guess Josh Beckett sucks? Ridiculous.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbs2007. Show tbs2007's posts

Are You happy with him now? 2 run shot.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

It is not a matter of being happy or not.  Your point was ridiculous.  Some starts will be good, others will be bad.  That's the way it is.  But your 6 straight losses quote was untrue even if he gives up 30 runs tonight.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbs2007. Show tbs2007's posts

Another 2 run shot.

The guy blows, and must be sent on his way.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbs2007. Show tbs2007's posts

Somewhere Aaron Boone is laughing!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfan23325. Show patsfan23325's posts

Its time to put wake in the BP, i am a huge supporter of wake for a lot of years but enough is enough, he is supporting a 5 plus ERA and is getting smacked around a lot this year, more then years past. i believe he should make this his last year and hopefully go out with a ring...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

time to let wake go is right. we have andrew miller who is pitching better than wakefield and is young with upside. looks like number 200 will have to wait. another great start from wakefield. 8 runs to oakland is down right embarassing. they are one of if not the worst offensive teams in the mlb. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

He is just trying to get his 200th win.  I believe he will retire after this year if he can accomplish this.  I heard them discussing Wakefield on the radio and were saying that if he reaches 200 that it could be his last start of the season.  It is definitely a possibility. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ws04ed. Show ws04ed's posts

Miller and Bedard
    Can we stop with Wakefield for his 200th GM.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

In Response to Time to let Wakefeild go!:
    Posted by tbs2007

Where the hell is Buckholz?  When will he man up and get back in the rotation to spare Wakefield anymore pain? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I posted this following 2 weeks ago under "What to do with Wakefield".

Seems an appropriate copy & paste here:

Before I make my suggestion, let me say I’ve always liked Wakefield & still do.  In fact, as a 70’s senior, I tend to root for ALL older athletes.  However, as they say, "Business, is Business”.  He’s tried now 4-5(now 6) times to win # 200.   As a good gesture, I would not pitch him against a low era pitcher(do it vs. Burnett & Yankees) but one from whom we can be expected to hit & give Wake at least 5 runs so that he has a good chance to win # 200.  Then,  either retire him or let him do some relief for a couple of innings.  I believe he can fool teams the first time around but good hitters figure him out and his slow sinking balls can come across as big as a softball the 2nd or 3rd time around. 

Let’s not forget that the “300 club” is among the highest accomplishments a starting pitcher can achieve and only 25 have done it I believe. Some retired  with exactly 300 & a few others right after. It seems that this goal of 200 is a big plum for Wake, the Red Sox & the Fans so let it be and then, let him retire.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb35. Show isurfvb35's posts

wakefield has lost it big time(washed up), right now he is just a batting practice pitcher, god he sux.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

In Response to Time to let Wakefeild go! : Where the hell is Buckholz?  When will he man up and get back in the rotation to spare Wakefield anymore pain? 
    Posted by fenwayjack2

You can google " Clay Bucholz" under news to get the latest on him. The front office has made this information available to all. Why do you make such an idiotic statement that he isn't "maning up"? You and Cater should get a room together.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Hey Wake kept the team "in the game," gave the team a "chance to win".  If all our starters were like this we would be in last place.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Time to let Wakefeild go!:
    Posted by tbs2007

After watching tonights game and many failed attempts at number 200, I still hope Wake gets it at some point but then retires after the season.  He is definitely looking his age these days.  I'm not so sure Wake should start anymore this season.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I agree and also 200 wins aren't 300... this is not some amazing achievment based on the fact he has been pitching for more than 15 years in Boston.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

If Roger Clemens had remained forever a hero here I doubt to many people would want to see his name fall off the top of the list.

Sections
Shortcuts