Time to let Wakefeild go!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbs2007. Show tbs2007's posts

Re: Time to let Wakefeild go!

Don't get me wrong, I want him to do well. It's just every time I see him, he blows!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Time to let Wakefeild go!:
    They have his number, and tee off on the Old Man.
    Posted by tbs2007

I hope Wake can go out in style not like this.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Wakefield had a bad night tonight..hes been solid overall his last few starts..Wake seems to fade the second half,  so it was expected, at least from where Im sitting..I truly hope he gets the 200. hes been a savior as a #6/7 pitcher with all the injuries this year and has been very valuable IMO..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

I would like to see Wake get his 200th, but we are in a pennant race and that means you put the best guy out there each game. If Francna feels that is Wake every 5th day, then Ok but I dont see it. He can get his 200th in relief or later in september if PS is clinched. I would bet you are going to find Wakes back is bothering because his knuckler was u alot tonight and that has been a harbinger of his back issues in the past and also why he was very hittable.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slowpokegrandpa. Show slowpokegrandpa's posts

if u watch any game 4 of the runds were unearned which means someone made an error(lowrie)strike 3 ball gets bt salty batter reaches first both cases should be out of inning.remre he left with the lead pen couldmber he had 2 no decision in this run where pen could hold, so before u run your yapper get the facts.maybe u dont like wake becaus eof his age but we still win.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aquachuck. Show aquachuck's posts

In Response to Re: Time to let Wakefeild go!:
    In Response to Re: Time to let Wakefeild go! : So is Bucky Dent..
    Posted by greatestNYY

& every Oriole batter that shelled AJ tonight dooshy

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

if u watch any game 4 of the runds were unearned which means someone made an error(lowrie)strike 3 ball gets bt salty batter reaches first both cases should be out of inning.remre he left with the lead pen couldmber he had 2 no decision in this run where pen could hold, so before u run your yapper get the facts.maybe u dont like wake becaus eof his age but we still win.
    Posted by slowpokegrandpa
    I get your point about his ERA and WHIP in general. But in Wake's case passed balls are a bad measure when they erase earned runs IMO. It is a know liability, along with stolen bases. 90% of the passed balls are called because the catcher put leather on the fluttering pitch but catching it is far from easy. The RS almost rather gnaw their of arms off than have the otherwise respected Varitek catch the guy. It is very hard, so it isn't exactly like a passed ball from a conventional pitcher.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

If Roger Clemens had remained forever a hero here I doubt to many people would want to see his name fall off the top of the list.
    Posted by BurritoT

And if Stalin didn't wipe out his own people, he'd be remembered as a nice guy.

Undecided

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

The Dude is an Automatic Loss and Francona is going to keep sending his lamb to the slaughter. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

It is a know liability, along with stolen bases.

Wake has the best CS% rate than any other Sox starter this year.

90% of the passed balls are called because the catcher put leather on the fluttering pitch but catching it is far from easy.

If a pitcher came along with a 125 mph fastball or a curve ball like son of flubber that catchers had trouble catching, would that mean we should discount the pitcher's effectiveness? Wake's ball has so much movement on it that catchers have trouble with them.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

We are all repeating ourselves over and over again regardless of pro or nay in regards to the subject of Wake.

I think the sane persons are the ones wishing him well and to get #200... followed by an official announcment that he will retire at the end of the year.

For you that think he should be here next season you are dead wrong. He will not even make the play-off roster (again) and if he does not retire the Sox will show him the door.

Fact of life.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

There certainly will likely be a close eye on both

You can't be serious, 5k? Why on earth is a close eye needed for Wakefield? That's like watching paint dry and expecting to see something different!

Pretty obvious that Wakefield is an embedded management circus act. Any other team who payed no attention to "record chase" would release this guy. Miller can blow up and still have enough potential to come up big against a strong lineup. And beyond Miller, these innings need to be invested in youth! Wakefield is a zero confidence profile who is being kept on for the wrong reasons. If putting up a 5 plus ERA and not being a functional pen option is worthy of a roster spot, a lot of single A veterans can come up and do it. With Wakefield, it's always one decent start or a speck of decent start and it becomes an excuse to ignore how bad his big sample numbers are. With a young pitcher, it's one good start and "he hasn't proven anything" and one bad start and "send Him back to AAA so Wakefield can still keep hunting quanity and low quality milestone". Enough with it, if Wakefield looks good (hope it rains) then trade him to the first sucker who offers a decent single A baby teeth prospect!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

It is a know liability, along with stolen bases. Wake has the best CS% rate than any other Sox starter this year. 90% of the passed balls are called because the catcher put leather on the fluttering pitch but catching it is far from easy. If a pitcher came along with a 125 mph fastball or a curve ball like son of flubber that catchers had trouble catching, would that mean we should discount the pitcher's effectiveness? Wake's ball has so much movement on it that catchers have trouble with them.
    Posted by moonslav59

Funny flic!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Wake's ball has so much movement on it that catchers have trouble with them.

Too funny! Players launching scads of homers don't have any trouble with them.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from paesan59. Show paesan59's posts

At this point IMHO I think the one and only reason the Sox are throwing Wake out there is to get that 200th win. I don't think he would be in the rotation otherwise. I was not surprised by that performance last night with a warm and humid night at Fenway. Most analysts are saying that it may be time to put this 200th win thing to bed. After all the Sox are fighting for 1st place. I say bring Wake back next year until he gets the win and have an agreement with him that he will retire after that. Enough is enough!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diamondtalk. Show Diamondtalk's posts

What's the alternative to Wakefield ?    Put him in the bullpen and he has to come in for a clean inning ...... no runners on base.
    Miller may be needed during the playoffs out of the bullpen.     Somebody from AAA ?    
    During playoffs, a 4-man rotation is all that's needed.    Beckett, Lester, Lackey, and Bedard are likely to be the ones.
    Chances are Wakefield won't be carried on the playoff roster.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from paesan59. Show paesan59's posts

What's the alternative to Wakefield. Rosters expand to 40 on Sept 1 and just let him ride the pine. Try one of the pitchers from the minors, just my opinion. I just another arm chair manager/GM like the rest of us are.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In Response to Time to let Wakefeild go!:
    They have his number, and tee off on the Old Man.
    Posted by tbs2007

Bring Wake in the 4th inning with big lead ,get his 200 th win then say bye.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

What's the alternative to Wakefield. Rosters expand to 40 on Sept 1 and just let him ride the pine. Try one of the pitchers from the minors, just my opinion. I just another arm chair manager/GM like the rest of us are.
    Posted by paesan59

We have all seen this before with aging veterans.  There comes a time when you need to either place them in a back up role like Tek, or simply replace them with a more viable option.  It's time for Wake to step back

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

He is just trying to get his 200th win.  I believe he will retire after this year if he can accomplish this.  I heard them discussing Wakefield on the radio and were saying that if he reaches 200 that it could be his last start of the season.  It is definitely a possibility. 
    Posted by susan250

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duffie33. Show Duffie33's posts

OK here is how we solve problem - next time Sox are up 6-0 in the 4th with 2 outs - we take out SP and put Wake in just long enough to become pitcher of record and bring in bull pen.   He get 200 and we can all move on

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

ON HIS WAY TO  "ACCOMPLISHING " HIS 200 WINS, HE WILL
    EFFECTIVELY PUT THE RED SOX IN THE TOILET AND OUT OF
    CONTENTION FOR THE DIVISION LEAD. THE GUY JUST HAS TO
    ADMIT THAT THE TEAM IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN HE IS.
    HE GIVES UP TOO MANY RUNS EARLY, AND HIS PASSED BALLS
    AND GOPHER BALLS ARE DISCOURAGING THE OFFENSE WHICH
    HAS TO PLAY FROM BEHIND MORE AND MORE OFTEN WHEN
    WAKE IS OUT THERE.  THE ONLY WAY HE CAN WIN IS IF THE
    OFFENSE SCORES 12 RUNS IN THE FIRST INNING. OTHERWISE,
    HE SHOULD BE RIDING THE PINES !!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

He had 6 chances to get it done.  Miller has taken over the #5 spot.  Sorry Tim, this team is trying to win the division and having you in the rotation hurts those chances.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Pretty obvious that Wakefield is an embedded management circus act.

Just because you are a silly clown, doesn't make you an expert on circus acts. Besides, your the biggest circus act around. 

Any other team who payed no attention to "record chase" would release this guy. Miller can blow up and still have enough potential to come up big against a strong lineup.

Miller has faced obe top 12 MLB offense this year and did very very well. Wake has faced several and did well several times. Do you even bother to look at the numbers and records before spewing misinformation.

And beyond Miller, these innings need to be invested in youth! Wakefield is a zero confidence profile who is being kept on for the wrong reasons. If putting up a 5 plus ERA and not being a functional pen option is worthy of a roster spot, a lot of single A veterans can come up and do it. With Wakefield, it's always one decent start or a speck of decent start and it becomes an excuse to ignore how bad his big sample numbers are.

Again and again you cite his numbers as a reason to cut him loose, but he does not have the 6th worst starter numbers on this team. Even if you go by just one stat: ERA. He still is better than Lackey and better than Miller over a "big sample" of 2010-2011 or 2009-2011 or longer. His WHIP is way better than Miller and Lackey.

With a young pitcher, it's one good start and "he hasn't proven anything" and one bad start and "send Him back to AAA so Wakefield can still keep hunting quanity and low quality milestone". Enough with it, if Wakefield looks good (hope it rains) then trade him to the first sucker who offers a decent single A baby teeth prospect!

Where will you be if and when Weiland flops? Under some other clown ID?

You use one game judgements against Wake and jake almost daily, yet with Weiland and others, we are told to give them a longer chance.

Sections
Shortcuts