Time to Move Buchholz Up?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Time to Move Buchholz Up?

Days off Mon and Thurs. Will they skip Doubrant? Move Buchholz up a spot? Makes sense to me. Buch getting better each start; Doubrant not showing much at all. Your thoughts.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

Re: Time to Move Buchholz Up?

In response to bosoxmal's comment:

Days off Mon and Thurs. Will they skip Doubrant? Move Buchholz up a spot? Makes sense to me. Buch getting better each start; Doubrant not showing much at all. Your thoughts.

Aren't ball players, especially pitchers, creatures of habit and very superstitious?  The rotation is in play and changing it around possibly gives one more victory?  I would wait for an injury and hopefully that does not happen.  If he continues to shine, change it up after the all star break.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Do you really want to burn one of Buck's 15 remaining starts that quickly?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Skipping Doubie is always a good idea.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:

Skipping Doubie is always a good idea.

As long as Peavy keeps it up maybe we'll be OK.  That's 3 very tough starters.  And maybe Doubie gets replaced by a hot hand in AA/AAA if Doubie becomes an automatic L.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Move Buchholz up?

I thought the Sox were supposed to create a phantom injury for him and put him on the DL.

I'm confused.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

I want to see what Doubront can do when his job is on the line. If he doesn't pitch it only delays a decision about him. IMO he has four more starts to begin to show some consistent effectiveness. There is no need to work Buchholz harder than the schedule dictates either. For those reasons I do not skip Doubront.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In response to steven11's comment:

It also means that the two days off will mean that Lester and Lackey will have extra days to wait before pitching again until NEXT Saturday. Farrel will do something about that; that's for sure. And Peavy, going this Sunday (tomorrow) would not go again until next Sunday. Someone has to miss a turn, and that's got to be Doubrant.

Aren't ball players, especially pitchers, creatures of habit and very superstitious?  The rotation is in play and changing it around possibly gives one more victory?  I would wait for an injury and hopefully that does not happen.  If he continues to shine, change it up after the all star break.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

Doubie pitched fine his last time out, working quickly, throwing strikes, Middlebrooks had a BRUTAL error misplaying a routine pop up, keeping an inning alive and boom, homerun. Game, Set, Match.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

He's found himself, leave it alone.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

Do you really want to burn one of Buck's 15 remaining starts that quickly?

that's funny.  I think the rotation is over thought once the regular season starts.  Once the post season begins there is no over thinking, something Oil Can Boyd never understood.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

Move Buchholz up?

I thought the Sox were supposed to create a phantom injury for him and put him on the DL.

I'm confused.

[object HTMLDivElement]

At the risk of sounding mean, some of the posters, and not an insignificant amount, are completely unhinged.

You have Geo saying that we are missing a leadoff hitter and a #3, even though we have Pedey and Papi in those slots.

You have Andrew saing that Buchholz 12-1 last year didn't contribute to us winning.

Someone just quit being a RS because we're a game under .500 a month after we won another WS.

And we've probably had a thread about dropping every single player.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

MLB has Doubrant going Tuesday. I hope he goes five (or even 6 or 7), but that's doubtful. He is aiming the ball, his "slurve" breaks much too soon, and he simply not hitting the corners. C.B. has improved 100% since his first outing. Great opportunity missed, here, what with the days off. Let Peavy, and then Buch pitch on, more or less, their regular days. Doubrant can use some bullpen time.

Sections
Shortcuts