Time to move on Hanley

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyLegend. Show DeweyLegend's posts

Time to move on Hanley

The time is now to move on Hanley and get him back to a place he can really flourish. 

Youkilis / Ranaudo / Kalish / Lavarnaway for Hanley / Leo Nunez or whatever his name is 

we get a set-up guy sign a closer with Bard to the rotation 

Ellsbury 
    Crawford
    Pedroia 
    Gonzalez 
    Ramirez
    Ortiz 
    Lowrie 
    Salty 
    Reddick

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Re: Time to move on Hanley

Who is your backup catcher?  Reddick in RF alone?  I don't think so.  Where did Scutaro and his 6 million go?  And why, exactly, do the Marlins want to do this now that they have signed Bell and Reyes and are shooting for Pujols and a win it all now team?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

In Response to Time to move on Hanley:
    The time is now to move on Hanley and get him back to a place he can really flourish.  Youkilis / Ranaudo / Kalish / Lavarnaway for Hanley / Leo Nunez or whatever his name is  we get a set-up guy sign a closer with Bard to the rotation  Ellsbury  Crawford Pedroia  Gonzalez  Ramirez Ortiz  Lowrie  Salty  Reddick
    Posted by DeweyLegend

WILL YOU FOOLS STOP TALKING ABOUT HANLEY! MAN o MAN.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from drpjn. Show drpjn's posts

That's too risy a deal and prematurely closes the door on Iglesies and Lavarnway, not to mention the hole in RF.

Not good.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

hasn't it been proven that Hanleys immaturity will not play in Boston? the guy struggled in Fla with zero pressure and no fan interest. putting him in Boston w/b a poor decision

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

You all fail on this thread - what about the more obvious answer? Miami has no desire to move Ramirez, they did not sign Reyes just to turn around and dump their biggest star for Youk and a couple of prospects. They are not spending tens of millions just to all of a sudden want to go young all in the same off-season.

Miami knows it cannot top Philly's staff but they can outscore them.

Stop thinking about everything from our end and gain a better perspective by seeing things from the other side.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Hanley comes to the Sox to play SS for Ellsbury. If the Marlins want more go elsewhere.

Scutaro goes to the Phils if they lose Rollins or to the Mets to replace Reyes.

We get a #5 in Joe Blanton from the Phils.

I would then sign Papi for two years to be the DH but also to work with Hanley in making an adjustment to Boston.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

Jake and bowden for hanley and Leo nunez has some merit if nunez is going to get allowed back in.  Jake and jenks would be better to even the $ up some.  I like Mad's idea to move Scutaro in that scenario.  I like my odds of keeping Hanley under control with the vetern leadership of the Sox over the marlins.  Hanley can be moved to 3B or OF if iggy ever shows he can hit.  I like my INF with Adrian, pedroia, Hanley, and Youk, with aviles backing up.  Trade lowrie and scutaro towards pitching, along with Lars.  Make Lavarnway our BU C and infuse some youth.  our OF would be light, with Kalish, Reddick, and crawford, with a Beltran or Ross in the mix.

I am not all for trading Jake, but is better to get max for him while his value is max.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Offer Ellsbury and Lowrie, and have Marlins pay just one year of the difference in the two players 2012 salary (about 4 to 6M). That will do it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

NO MORE HANLEY RAMIREZ TALK...PLEASE!!!

You same morons that have been complaining that the clubhouse culture needs to be cleaned up are the same ones screaming for HanRam!

He's been a moody, whiney baby in a low key, loser market like Florida,  How do you think that will translate to Boston?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

BurritoT,

I think the obvious reply is that after looking at the situation from the Marlins point of view, they are remaking themselves with big splash signings/manager...
    and they signed Reyes because they have also soured on Hanley.
    The Marlins do have defensive whiz Dominguez at 3B, and it would not surprise me if the Marlins move Hanley, even if his trade value is at maybe an all time low...I just dont want to see him here in Boston

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Maybe the board should read a bit about the attitude of Ramirez...he is not a good fit in Boston.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

They might also move HanRam to OF.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

The use of the word "Moron" should be banned on the forum. Not being critical of anyone in particular---it just doesn't seem appropriate. Happy Holidays!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

In Response to Re: Time to move on Hanley:
    Hanley comes to the Sox to play SS for Ellsbury. If the Marlins want more go elsewhere. Scutaro goes to the Phils if they lose Rollins or to the Mets to replace Reyes. We get a #5 in Joe Blanton from the Phils. I would then sign Papi for two years to be the DH but also to work with Hanley in making an adjustment to Boston.
    Posted by MadMc44

THE POINT IS that the MArlins do not want more, they DO NOT WANT TO TRADE HIM! Thick freaking skulls on this site!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from crmn19. Show crmn19's posts

The use of the word "Moron" should be banned on the forum. Not being critical of anyone in particular---it just doesn't seem appropriate. Happy Holidays!
    Posted by MadMc44

As its casual use here is insulting to the true morons out there. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyLegend. Show DeweyLegend's posts

Yeah the idea is real moronic .. Ramirez wants out and wants to play SS.  It has been made clear he is going to be an issue with position switch. 

Reddick in RF with another RF bat there.  Who will be back the back-up catcher?  GO sign a cheap back-up (it can't be worse than Tek was)  

Scutaro can be moved easy or if they choose put him at 3rd ..also RF a trade can be with say Reddick / Iggy to get a respectable RF 

But either Lowrie / Scutaro has trade value 

As far as trading Ellsbury and not being able to afford him are you crazy?  when he becomes a FA Dice - Youk - Ortiz are all long gone and Beckett and Lackey are in the last year of their deals and the luxury tax is at 190 million at that point.  You can call me a moron that is fine but it just makes you look worse.  Hanley is Youk except instead of yelling and breaking stuff he pouts like a kid.  Is he more of a bad influence than Beckett?   And none of that matters under Bobby V he will get his guys moving in the right direction.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

You $$$$$, shut the heck up. Did Hanley tell you he did not want to change spots?  Is Hanley John Valentine or AROD? Please tell us what you really know.

God help this forum when fools come on here acting like they know something.

Why do you not grow up for a minute and see things from the Marlins side? Answer: You cannot, because you are a --------.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rgmfick. Show rgmfick's posts

Those who want Hanley have forgotten that he had to be sent home from the Arizona Instructional League for disciplinary problem when, admittedly he was young.  A couple of seasons ago, he told then Marlins Manager Fredi Gonzalez, now Braves Manager, that he did not have to listen to his manager, because he had not played in the MLs.  Have any of you seen Hanley play SS, do you realize that he is the reason the Marlins just signed Jose Reyes to play SS.  Why would the Red Sox trade for Hanley to play SS, when he is being replaced at SS. No question, Hanley has shown a powerful bat, but he is not the player the Red Sox want.  Not saying Hanley won't adjust to 3B or an outfield position, not saying he won't be an All Star, not saying he will not make a lot of money, but any success Hanley has will be strictly on his terms and the Red Sox don't need that.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from aquachuck. Show aquachuck's posts

You MORON, shut the heck up. Did Hanley tell you he did not want to change spots?  Is Hanley John Valentine or AROD? Please tell us what you really know. God help this forum when fools come on here acting like they know something. Why do you not grow up for a minute and see things from the Marlins side? Answer: You cannot, because you are a moron.
    Posted by BurritoT

Jesus Burrito, did the cat $hit in your cheerios again this morning?  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Per reading couple of Miami's area top newspapers in the sport section, and I do not see anything that Hanley is demanding a trade.

If they sign Pujols, I am sure that Hanley would love to remain as a Marlins and try to win a world series title with these new guys instead he could be traded to a bad team such as Orioles, etc where he may never have a chance to win it all in his lifetime.  He could try to demand a trade to his preference teams, but the problem is that he may not have the power to veto of the trade.

For now, we all do not know what he want to do!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

leave him where is he is.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

not sure what his contract status is but i thought about that as soon as they signed Reyes. if they also go for Pujols i wonder if they might have to move Ramirez and if thats the case they wont give him away but the price would go down.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GhostofTito. Show GhostofTito's posts

The Sox don't need a head case. Now the Marlins have two of them in their infield, with Reyes and Ramirez.

Sections
Shortcuts