Time to move on

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Time to move on

Yes - lazy, unmotivated and in general one of the least likeable groups they have assembled in decades.

But the organization and the fans need to move on.  The reporting of buffoonery has served its purpose.  Enough.

Henry needs to get a GM hired and a Manager hired asap after the WS so we can start talking about righting the ship.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Re: Time to move on

In Response to Time to move on:
    [QUOTE]Yes - lazy, unmotivated and in general one of the least likeable groups they have assembled in decades. But the organization and the fans need to move on.  The reporting of buffoonery has served its purpose.  Enough. Henry needs to get a GM hired and a Manager hired asap after the WS so we can start talking about righting the ship.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]

Will you help to upright the new ship as you have done in the past?  I sure hope so. We are depending on your cheerful personality, positivity, loyalty, and reason and logic in the coming months. We love having you around. when you walk into the forum, your exuberance and smile is intoxicating.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Utica,

Hopefully you will consider never posting again - that is the first step toward recovery.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Do you have any idea of who Schumpeter was?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Of course - the greatest economist of the Austrian school - who never gets the credit he deserves.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

In Response to Re: Time to move on:
    [QUOTE]Of course - the greatest economist of the Austrian school - who never gets the credit he deserves.

And why do you identify with him?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

This is a baseball thread. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Time to move on from Varitek and timmy T-ball.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Time to move on:
    [QUOTE]Yes - lazy, unmotivated and in general one of the least likeable groups they have assembled in decades. But the organization and the fans need to move on.  The reporting of buffoonery has served its purpose.  Enough. Henry needs to get a GM hired and a Manager hired asap after the WS so we can start talking about righting the ship.

I agree it's time to move on. But taking shots at the team in the same breath doesn't exactly seem like you have.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Time to move on : I agree it's time to move on. But taking shots at the team in the same breath doesn't exactly seem like you have.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]That's been his MO since he's been on this board.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Time to move on : I agree it's time to move on. But taking shots at the team in the same breath doesn't exactly seem like you have.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

I simply recognize the truth - the season was a disaster, there were a lot of unlikeable players/events - and the team was not a hard-wroking group.

The season is over - no need too pull every thread and extract confessions from every ball player about their failings.  no need for media inquiries into who said what to whom. 

This kind of inquiry prolongs the agony - and John Henry needs to address it quickly with a GM and manager.  Then they can take endless questions about the future rather than the past.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

ah.. another boring "let's move on" thread...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to move on : That's been his MO since he's been on this board.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

Yep, a grumpy, headstrong old man like Andrewmitch is.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

I'm pretty certain that Henry, Werner and Luccino already have...they've likely accertained the who, what add whys and are as we speak working to retify each of the symptoms that led to the teams demise...

My guess is that the GM will be Cherington and they've already identified whom they'll pursue to interview for the field manager and then it's on to the buisness of righting the ship...

From this point forward the media can and will continue to pile on and I am certain that the incoming mangement team will be charged with answering questions related to the demise and what the plan is to address and fix what ailed the 2011 team...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to move on : That's been his MO since he's been on this board.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

I don't know him for some reason.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to move on : I simply recognize the truth - the season was a disaster, there were a lot of unlikeable players/events - and the team was not a hard-wroking group. The season is over - no need too pull every thread and extract confessions from every ball player about their failings.  no need for media inquiries into who said what to whom.  This kind of inquiry prolongs the agony - and John Henry needs to address it quickly with a GM and manager.  Then they can take endless questions about the future rather than the past.

The "unlikeable" players were made out to be so, in case you haven't been reading the press. And I don't think you can say they weren't hard working since you weren't there. Beckett has been constantly slammed, and Buch has come out to say he's one of the hardest working pitchers on the team. What does that tell you?

I do, however, agree with the rest of your post. I'm also in the camp of stopping the witch hunt and focusing on the future. This really doesn't accomplish anything. It's time to move forward.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]I'm pretty certain that Henry, Werner and Luccino already have...they've likely accertained the who, what add whys and are as we speak working to retify each of the symptoms that led to the teams demise... My guess is that the GM will be Cherington and they've already identified whom they'll pursue to interview for the field manager and then it's on to the buisness of righting the ship... From this point forward the media can and will continue to pile on and I am certain that the incoming mangement team will be charged with answering questions related to the demise and what the plan is to address and fix what ailed the 2011 team...
    Posted by Beantowne[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

Sections
Shortcuts