Time to Stop Ripping Beckett

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Time to Stop Ripping Beckett

I feel that it more than time to stop ripping Beckett for what he did/didn't do last September.

You may not have liked him linked to the beer and chicken story, you may not have liked that he apparently gained some weight during the season and you mostly may not have liked his sub par pitching in September, BUT it is time to forget all about that stuff because it was all part of LAST season.

This guy may be a little bit of a head case and he may not respond well at all times, BUT he is going to be a big part of the Sox success/failure in 2012.

Give him a chance to get the 2012 season off on a good note.  Don't continue to bury him for his actions in 2011, and please only judge his performances in 2012.

He is not going to be released, cut or traded.  He is OURS for at least this year.
    Support him and he may pitch the Red Sox to a pennant.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Time to Stop Ripping Beckett

Wasted effort charlie. Too many on this forum hate Beckett, and it's the loudest ones. This thread will attract them, you'll see. But they need to get over it. He's not leaving the team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Karma is real my Beckett-lackeys.....it is going to be ugly this year - bet on it....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

In Response to Re: Time to Stop Ripping Beckett:
    [QUOTE]Wasted effort charlie. Too many on this forum hate Beckett, and it's the loudest ones. This thread will attract them, you'll see. But they need to get over it. He's not leaving the team.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Besides old Bill in Florida and the troll from Springfield, MA, and perhaps two others, how many on this forum hate Beckett. Please list them. My guess is that George Romero really doesn't hate Beckett but is merely toying / pretending / trolling for his personal pleasure. He should not be taken seriously. Humor him. He doesn't have any logic, coherence, or reason in his posts and fails to respond but then trolls don't need those traits. Pity him that this is his life.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]Karma is real my Beckett-lackeys.....it is going to be ugly this year - bet on it....
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]
    I'm saddened that a 31-year-old playing a kid's game could inspire such animosity on your part.

Examine your priorities.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In Response to Time to Stop Ripping Beckett:
    [QUOTE] He is not going to be released, cut or traded.  He is OURS for at least this year. Support him and he may pitch the Red Sox to a pennant.
    Posted by charliedarling[/QUOTE]

Amen to that.

Whether you like Beckett or not, if you're a Red Sox fan you should be rooting for him to have a Cy Young type year, not rooting against him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Beckett has the entitlement Union atttitude, devoid of performance merits. Fans should continue to hammer him, as that is the only chance he shapes up and shows up for a full season of hard work.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

you bootlickers are insane if you think that Beckett is going to be cheered once he starts to struggle....the boos will reign on him, he will lose his cool, and like the Yankee game in 2010, try to bean everyone with the ball...including women in children in the stands....he is a disaster waiting to happen....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LadyLake. Show LadyLake's posts

Never argue with an idiot.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]you bootlickers are insane if you think that Beckett is going to be cheered once he starts to struggle....the boos will reign on him, he will lose his cool, and like the Yankee game in 2010, try to bean everyone with the ball...including women in children in the stands....he is a disaster waiting to happen....

Of course he'll he'll be cheered.  There is no question about that.  None.  The real fans love the guy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LadyLake. Show LadyLake's posts

My guess is that Georom was Babe / Yazzer.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Nah, Geo was always Geo.  Babe was just a slow-witted Yankee fan.  Geo is just a slow-witted RS fan, imvho.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Josh Beckett and 17 million a year, meet acountability from smart fans!!!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnDeckCircle. Show OnDeckCircle's posts

The onus is on Beckett to show he's worth the $15.75 MM the team is paying him through 2014.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Beckett will have the hounds turned loose on him the first chance he gives the fans...why should anyone give this meathead any slack after what he did? His behavior fired a manager and squandered a playoff spot...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Yeah, he should have led the team to a 22-8 record, not 20-10. 

He's a squanderer.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

moon you lose points for defending every player to ever dawn a Sox uniform... truly.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

Like the guy or not, he will be pitching in a Sox uniform this season. We really need him to pitch well this year. There is no point in trashing him now. Barring a free agent signing or a trade, he is an important part of this staff.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]moon you lose points for defending every player to ever dawn a Sox uniform... truly.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Not true.

I have criticized Scutaro & Ellsbury's fielding. I criticized Papi vs LHPs which unleashed a flood gate from softy. I went toe-to-toe with harness over Lackey's decline. I have been highly critical of Salty and called for his trading several times. I said Reddick was being over-valued by many fans after his fast start in 2011. I was deadset against the CC signing: calling him a "glorified platoon player". Look up my criticisms of Andrew Miller, Weiland, and others... not to mention Tito & Theo. 

Bashing Beckett for the mistake for pages and pages is what is losing serious points.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Common moon just say it, Beckett has been the ultimate dissapointment on the starting staff since 2009.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NunciRom. Show NunciRom's posts

[QUOTE]moon you lose points for defending every player to ever dawn a Sox uniform... truly.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Another bootlicker Burrito.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]you bootlickers are insane if you think that Beckett is going to be cheered once he starts to struggle....the boos will reign on him, he will lose his cool, and like the Yankee game in 2010, try to bean everyone with the ball...including women in children in the stands....he is a disaster waiting to happen....
     Thing is, G, he likely won't struggle.  And the other thing is, your bringing up of that 2010 Yankee bean-fest is an outlyer.  He has almost never lost his cool, ever.  It is ridiculous, and shows your level of crazy obsession ala Softy, to project his loss-of-cool as a reason we should stop licking his boots.  I'll give you that his clubhouse transgressions were not what we want or expect from our players, but, on the field, Beckett has never been anything less than a total professional ... except that one day in 2010.  Seriously, name one other time he was ever rattled, one time that he did not take total accountability for his performance, one time that he melted down, one time that any of his teammates or staff-mates have referred to him as anything other than a leader.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

Sorry in advance for being so stupid, but did I miss something over the weekend that caused this explosion of Fear and Loathing for Beckett?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]Sorry in advance for being so stupid, but did I miss something over the weekend that caused this explosion of Fear and Loathing for Beckett?
    Posted by Yoshimi25[/QUOTE]

Yosh, he appeared on Kevin Millar's show and finally broke silence on the whole end-of-season debacle and chickengate.  He, as usual, took full responisibility for the lack of performance ... and, as per his M.O. ... did not give the salivating, witch-hunting hordes and media their much-desired mia culpa for his bud lite transgressions.  He basically dismissed the issue as "what goes on in the clubhouse should stay in the clubhouse".  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m