Time to Stop Ripping Beckett

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: Time to Stop Ripping Beckett

roy19 has major credibility, i should know because he's only been wrong once, but he was mistaken.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

This would be My Dinner With Andre....beer, fried chicken and sitting down with Bill Lee

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In Response to Re: Time to Stop Ripping Beckett:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to Stop Ripping Beckett : if you think Beckett wasnt anymore to blame than anyone else, then you already have no credibility. The Hohner article, Tito's press conferences, the Sox trainer, and Jack McKeon all confirmed that beckett was an idiot who didnt care about his teammates, his conditioning, and that cost us a playoff spot. Remember when I told the board in early 2010 that all the injuries we were having was a direct result of bad conditioning, what did you and the majority of the board say? You LAUGHED at my opinion saying it was moronic. Turns out I was right. When I told you that Francona was a weak manager that did not have the command of his players, did nothing to make them mentally tougher, and made them in fact soft and selfish, what did you and tha majority say? Howls of protest. Turns out I was right. Now we have your good friend Beckett - same old denials like the last few times...but facts are facts, even if you demand a wire in the clubhouse to chart everyword to know for certain what is being said. Thats not the way life works. Impressions matter - people dont forget, and Karma is real.  Beckett is overpaid, selfish, and a detriment to the team. he was key in 2007 in winning it all for us, but he was key in 2011 in blowing it for us.  Which do you think is more likely to happen again? I made my prediction. You made yours. Let's see who is right.
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Karma Shmarma, man.  As you pointed out, Beckett was the same 'idiot' in 2003 when he played for Jack McKeon.

How'd that season turn out anyway?

Oh yeah, Beckett shut out the Yankees in the Stadium to win the World Series for Florida.  Gotta love that Karma stuff. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

b

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to Stop Ripping Beckett : if you think Beckett wasnt anymore to blame than anyone else, then you already have no credibility. The Hohner article, Tito's press conferences, the Sox trainer, and Jack McKeon all confirmed that beckett was an idiot who didnt care about his teammates, his conditioning, and that cost us a playoff spot. Remember when I told the board in early 2010 that all the injuries we were having was a direct result of bad conditioning, what did you and the majority of the board say? You LAUGHED at my opinion saying it was moronic. Turns out I was right. When I told you that Francona was a weak manager that did not have the command of his players, did nothing to make them mentally tougher, and made them in fact soft and selfish, what did you and tha majority say? Howls of protest. Turns out I was right. Now we have your good friend Beckett - same old denials like the last few times...but facts are facts, even if you demand a wire in the clubhouse to chart everyword to know for certain what is being said. Thats not the way life works. Impressions matter - people dont forget, and Karma is real.  Beckett is overpaid, selfish, and a detriment to the team. he was key in 2007 in winning it all for us, but he was key in 2011 in blowing it for us.  Which do you think is more likely to happen again? I made my prediction. You made yours. Let's see who is right.

"Karma is real" ???

LMAO!

Keep it up. I need all the laughs I can get after Sunday night.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to Stop Ripping Beckett : "Karma is real" ??? LMAO! Keep it up. I need all the laughs I can get after Sunday night.
    Posted by ThefourBs[/QUOTE]

ask Manny or meathead clemens
    or bobby bonds

or josh in a few months...cant wait for him to self-destruct and attack the fans after being boo'd for being such a chump.....real fans dont forget - bootlickers do

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to Stop Ripping Beckett : ask Manny or meathead clemens or bobby bonds or josh in a few months...cant wait for him to self-destruct and attack the fans after being boo'd for being such a chump.....real fans dont forget - bootlickers do

Those three you mention either broke MLB rules or federal law. Two of them probably did both.

I know you wish it was otherwise, but there's no rule or law against being a jerk.

I hope you can boo really, really loud, because, if he reels off a couple of wins to start the year, no one else will care about last year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to Stop Ripping Beckett : ask Manny or meathead clemens or bobby bonds or josh in a few months...cant wait for him to self-destruct and attack the fans after being boo'd for being such a chump.....real fans dont forget - bootlickers do

This notion of Beckett melting down is so ludicrous.  While i can totally understand your contempt (of course I totally disagree), this latest permutation of your Beckett-rage proves how crazy you've become with it.  If there is a player most not-likely to melt down, its Beckett.  Even if he was getting rained down upon with boos (which he won't be), he would just get that slight defiant smirk on and go about his slow, slower, and slowest work style and then say something calmly gruff in the post-game press conference.  He is about as cool a customer as there is on the field.  So, no he wont melt down G.  And, its a moot point, because he wont be rained down upon with boos either.  He will get a smattering of boos surely his first couple/few times out at fenway:  there are a healthy amount of with-hunters like yourself that will "never forget".  But most fans don't care so much, and many still like the guy.  And, in any case, everyone will just be rooting him on like usual when he is the #1 pitching reason why the Sox are once again rocking and rolling by midsummer.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to Stop Ripping Beckett : This notion of Beckett melting down is so ludicrous.  While i can totally understand your contempt (of course I totally disagree), this latest permutation of your Beckett-rage proves how crazy you've become with it.  If there is a player most not-likely to melt down, its Beckett.  Even if he was getting rained down upon with boos (which he won't be), he would just get that slight defiant smirk on and go about his slow, slower, and slowest work style and then say something calmly gruff in the post-game press conference.  He is about as cool a customer as there is on the field.  So, no he wont melt down G.  And, its a moot point, because he wont be rained down upon with boos either.  He will get a smattering of boos surely his first couple/few times out at fenway:  there are a healthy amount of with-hunters like yourself that will "never forget".  But most fans don't care so much, and many still like the guy.  And, in any case, everyone will just be rooting him on like usual when he is the #1 pitching reason why the Sox are once again rocking and rolling by midsummer.  
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

well space that is the best case scenario...but to say you never seen beckett lose his cool on the mound is weird...ive seen him jawing with everybody thru the years - umps, opposing players, the guy took offense to valentine for making an obvious comment as a broadcaster...ive seen him intentionally hit batters on many occassions in anger after giving up a big hit....and apparently he wasnt above telling his own manager to eat __it when he didnt even bother to ovey basic rules in the clubhouse....he's making 17 million, and paid to be a leader...are folks really supposed to forget how he cost the team a playoff spot and his manager his job because of it???? why would you want to forget that? if someone plays poorly, and doesnt care enough to even stay in shape despite making millions, and even defies his own manager, why would you even want him and his THIRTEEN WINS last year????

thats great if you think that the greatest collapse in sox history, and the man who caused it, is ancient history....but its not going to take long for reality to set in for mr beckett if he doesnt stay in shape and deliver...and that i believe is a simple truth (or karma as i like to say)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to Stop Ripping Beckett : well space that is the best case scenario...but to say you never seen beckett lose his cool on the mound is weird...ive seen him jawing with everybody thru the years - umps, opposing players, the guy took offense to valentine for making an obvious comment as a broadcaster...ive seen him intentionally hit batters on many occassions in anger after giving up a big hit....and apparently he wasnt above telling his own manager to eat __it when he didnt even bother to ovey basic rules in the clubhouse....he's making 17 million, and paid to be a leader...are folks really supposed to forget how he cost the team a playoff spot and his manager his job because of it???? why would you want to forget that? if someone plays poorly, and doesnt care enough to even stay in shape despite making millions, and even defies his own manager, why would you even want him and his THIRTEEN WINS last year???? thats great if you think that the greatest collapse in sox history, and the man who caused it, is ancient history....but its not going to take long for reality to set in for mr beckett if he doesnt stay in shape and deliver...and that i believe is a simple truth (or karma as i like to say)

you are putting many words in my mouth G.  

September won't be ancient history until they are playing like they are determined to not let it happen again.

But, as much as it would be foolish to pretend like it didn't happen, it would also be foolish to talk of one guy as the "man who caused it".  Outside of Ellsbury and Scutaro, I have never seen a whole entire team completely fold up as the Sox did at the end of the season.  

Look man, though I am being flippant sometimes in response to your tirades, I do not  absolve Beckett of his sins.  I just think they are not as great as you make them out to be.  

And, if you are here to bring me back in my ease on beckett, let me bring you back on your judgement.  Fine, ok, about September, but you know and I know that his 13 wins were somewhat misleading.  He should have really had 16-17 by the time he tweaked his ankle.  His year, until September, was great.  Yes, great.  

And he failed in September.  That in itself is why I expect him to come in ready to wipe that clean.  

For what it is worth, and I have said it before, I fully agree that it is on Josh to stay in condition.  And, while, unlike you, I don;t see his clubhouse behavior as so terrible, I do see not staying in condition as terrible, and chicken and beer are certainly involved in his lack of ability to stay sharp through the season, for the past 4 years.  The back, the ankle, I suspect these injuries stem from losing form, losing form stemming from not being on top of his fitness.  So, I agree, he makes waaaaaay too much dough to let himself get out of shape during the season.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NunciRom. Show NunciRom's posts

Well I happen to know the delivery guy who worked at Popeye's in Kenmore Square and made the deliveries to the Red Sox clubhouse. It didn't only happen three times as the Jon Lester said. He made deliveries at least seventy times and was offered a beer nearly every time. On half of those visits he saw Lackey and Lester playing video games and spilling beer on the monitors. He said that it was a scene right out of Animal House. Their behavior was despicable.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]Well I happen to know the delivery guy who worked at Popeye's in Kenmore Square and made the deliveries to the Red Sox clubhouse. It didn't only happen three times as the Jon Lester said. He made deliveries at least seventy times and was offered a beer nearly every time. On half of those visits he saw Lackey and Lester playing video games and spilling beer on the monitors. He said that it was a scene right out of Animal House. Their behavior was despicable.
    Posted by NunciRom[/QUOTE]

Nunci, 

Like we would actually believe you've got a reliable source or believe much of anything you say. Go back and root for the Yankees or Mets. Your obviously here just to raise everybodies dander. 

Hetchinspete

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to Stop Ripping Beckett : sorry pete   he's one of yours Nunci is just another poor sad pathetic pikette
    Posted by pinstripezac[/QUOTE]

Zac, 

Guess he's just another troll to be put on ignore. I'd rather have intelligent online discourse with someone from NYC than a troll from Boston. Hope of course my Red Sox win the division this year, but I know your team will be in the mix as well. Hate to say this as well, but congrats to the Giants. Hopefully we'll get you both next year and we'll be on the winning side. I'm getting chicken and beer for dinner to celebrate a good pennant race. May the best team (RED SOX) win !!

Cheers, 
    H-Pete

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NunciRom. Show NunciRom's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to Stop Ripping Beckett : Yosh, he appeared on Kevin Millar's show and finally broke silence on the whole end-of-season debacle and chickengate.  He, as usual, took full responisibility for the lack of performance ... and, as per his M.O. ... did not give the salivating, witch-hunting hordes and media their much-desired mia culpa for his bud lite transgressions.  He basically dismissed the issue as "what goes on in the clubhouse should stay in the clubhouse".  

There is no witch hunting at all. Didn't you read the Bob Hohler column that pinpointed the collapse on Slosh Buckett. That column is still on the front page here. I suggest that you read it again.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to Stop Ripping Beckett : you are putting many words in my mouth G.   September won't be ancient history until they are playing like they are determined to not let it happen again. But, as much as it would be foolish to pretend like it didn't happen, it would also be foolish to talk of one guy as the "man who caused it".  Outside of Ellsbury and Scutaro, I have never seen a whole entire team completely fold up as the Sox did at the end of the season.   Look man, though I am being flippant sometimes in response to your tirades, I do not  absolve Beckett of his sins.  I just think they are not as great as you make them out to be.   And, if you are here to bring me back in my ease on beckett, let me bring you back on your judgement.  Fine, ok, about September, but you know and I know that his 13 wins were somewhat misleading.  He should have really had 16-17 by the time he tweaked his ankle.  His year, until September, was great.  Yes, great.   And he failed in September.  That in itself is why I expect him to come in ready to wipe that clean.   For what it is worth, and I have said it before, I fully agree that it is on Josh to stay in condition.  And, while, unlike you, I don;t see his clubhouse behavior as so terrible, I do see not staying in condition as terrible, and chicken and beer are certainly involved in his lack of ability to stay sharp through the season, for the past 4 years.  The back, the ankle, I suspect these injuries stem from losing form, losing form stemming from not being on top of his fitness.  So, I agree, he makes waaaaaay too much dough to let himself get out of shape during the season.  

19 wins in two years for 30 million dollars...totally inadequate for a pitcher of his contract and reputation...and Im not a doctor, but like you said, the conditioning probably played a role (at least in the back injury)in his lack of wins...how long do you think Sox fans will accept this? 

we all know what he is capable of doing when focused, in shape, and motivated...but we havent seen that troika in Josh's game since 2008

48 wins in last four seasons...at a cost of 50 million....

maybe Papi will win 17mil in arb if the arbitrator glances at Josh's pay/record

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NunciRom. Show NunciRom's posts

You tell them Bro. I left your supper in the fridge - some left over lasagna and antipasto. Will you be availabe tomorrow for some bocci ball?  This Spaceman seems like a good egg. Many others on the forum are totally bootlickers and ostriches. Mama and Papa would be proud of you.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NunciRom. Show NunciRom's posts

Pinstripezac, can you tell me again what I should watch tonight on NESN?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]roy19 has major credibility, i should know because he's only been wrong once, but he was mistaken.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

Or maybe it was that I thought I was mistaken, but I was wrong. I don't know -- can't keep it straight.

Cool

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

if you think Beckett wasnt anymore to blame than anyone else, then you already have no credibility. The Hohner article, Tito's press conferences, the Sox trainer, and Jack McKeon all confirmed that beckett was an idiot who didnt care about his teammates, his conditioning, and that cost us a playoff spot. 

Nice try. But I think it's your credibility that's hanging by a thread.
    Again, you're cherry-picking. As I recall, neither Hohler article nor Francona singled out just Beckett. Again, no one is saying Beckett was an angel. No one is defending what Beckett did or didn't do. What about this don't you understand. Are you that dense?

But how does Beckett not being a a good teammate, not staying in condition or not caring about his teammates have to do with Youk's injury, Bucholz's injury, Ortiz managing just 5 RBIs, Gonzalez losing his power, Bard blowing up, Miller stinking, Lester pitching like crp, Salty running out of gas. Wow -- I never knew the guy was so powerful. Amazing. 

And it wasn't just Beckett who was drank beer before the game was over or was too concerned about petty issues, etc. It was a lot of guys on the team. But no. Acknowledging that there were others who created that clubhouse culture along with Beckett would destroy your house of cards. So you continue to stick your head in the sand and blame all the Sox woes last year on one player. I can't believe you can even write any of that with a straight face.

Remember when I told the board in early 2010 that all the injuries we were having was a direct result of bad conditioning, what did you and the majority of the board say? You LAUGHED at my opinion saying it was moronic. Turns out I was right. 

See, now this is were you definitely have no credibility. You paint with a broad brush so you're bound to paint one or two things the right color. So you focus on that and ignore the rest and pretend you're a genius.

As I recall, I think we all were in agreement that Beckett's back issues that year were likely due to bad conditioning. The same with DiceK. But how was conditioning the cause of Pedroia's injury or Youk's? How was conditioning the cause of Cameron's injury or Martinez's injury in June or Ellsbury's broken ribs? That's what we're laughing about -- that sort of idiocy. So no, you weren't right.

When I told you that Francona was a weak manager that did not have the command of his players, did nothing to make them mentally tougher, and made them in fact soft and selfish, what did you and that majority say? Howls of protest. Turns out I was right.

Well congrats. After three years or so, you finally nailed that. Don't pull a muscle patting yourself on the back. The problem is you were posting  that ever since I joined the board in 2008. Again -- throw enough crap against the wall and eventually something will stick. Maybe I'll do that with Bobby V. Wait until midseason then post every other week that he's an egomaniac who lost respect of the players and sooner or later, I'll be be right too.

Now we have your good friend Beckett - same old denials like the last few times...but facts are facts, even if you demand a wire in the clubhouse to chart everyword to know for certain what is being said. Thats not the way life works. Impressions matter - people dont forget, and Karma is real.  Beckett is overpaid, selfish, and a detriment to the team. he was key in 2007 in winning it all for us, but he was key in 2011 in blowing it for us.  Which do you think is more likely to happen again? I made my prediction. You made yours. Let's see who is right.

See, it's paragraphs like this that show you're incapable of having sustaining an intelligent conversation. You continually throw sentences together that have no bearing on what I posted. WHAT FRCKN' DENIALS? Yes, facts are facts. Too bad you don't know all the facts. That wouldn't suit your MO. This way, you can make up facts, twist facts or cherry-pick facts to suit your rant. 

Fine you made your prediction. But I made mine? Really? Show me in all my posts on the subject. where I made any sort of prediction. See -- this is the real credibility issue you have. You twist what others post or make things up. 

I've never posted anything about what kind of year I think Beckett would have. All I've ever said is if he's in shape and pitches well, I'll root for the guy. Unlike you, I believe that just because a person doesn't always do the right thing, it doesn't make that person evil, worthy of the the type of hate and venom you spew at someone like Beckett. I acknowledge he fact that ballplayers are like the rest of us -- imperfect human beings who disappoint at times. And unlike you, I'm an optimist. I like to believe in the good in people. It makes for a happier, less bitter, life.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

roy, just stop....no one, and i mean no one agreed with me when i brought up conditioning in spring 2010....

francona? you defended him until the day he was fired....i challenge to show me one post of yours in which you questioned his fitness as a manager...just one....

i cant make you see what beckett has become....you seem incapable of reading inbetween the lines...the manager, who NEVER badmouthed anyone, said directly that it was his players that had abandoned him, that they didnt have each others backs....and then McKeon tells a famiiar tale about beckett being a clubhouse stooge when he coached him....maybe we can hook up beckett to a polygraph and spit out some results that will make you see what is in front of you...

after all, arent you the one who said you saw no difference in beckett's body at the end of last season?  thats all anyone has to know about your acute powers of observation....
    http://www.totalprosports.com/2011/10/13/as-the-year-went-on-red-sox-pitchers-grew-fatter-gallery/

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to Stop Ripping Beckett : if you think Beckett wasnt anymore to blame than anyone else, then you already have no credibility. The Hohner article, Tito's press conferences, the Sox trainer, and Jack McKeon all confirmed that beckett was an idiot who didnt care about his teammates, his conditioning, and that cost us a playoff spot.  Nice try. But I think it's your credibility that's hanging by a thread. Again, you're cherry-picking. As I recall, neither Hohler article nor Francona singled out just Beckett. Again, no one is saying Beckett was an angel. No one is defending what Beckett did or didn't do. What about this don't you understand. Are you that dense? But how does Beckett not being a a good teammate, not staying in condition or not caring about his teammates have to do with Youk's injury, Bucholz's injury, Ortiz managing just 5 RBIs, Gonzalez losing his power, Bard blowing up, Miller stinking, Lester pitching like crp, Salty running out of gas. Wow -- I never knew the guy was so powerful. Amazing.  And it wasn't just Beckett who was drank beer before the game was over or was too concerned about petty issues, etc. It was a lot of guys on the team. But no. Acknowledging that there were others who created that clubhouse culture along with Beckett would destroy your house of cards. So you continue to stick your head in the sand and blame all the Sox woes last year on one player. I can't believe you can even write any of that with a straight face. Remember when I told the board in early 2010 that all the injuries we were having was a direct result of bad conditioning, what did you and the majority of the board say? You LAUGHED at my opinion saying it was moronic. Turns out I was right.  See, now this is were you definitely have no credibility. You paint with a broad brush so you're bound to paint one or two things the right color. So you focus on that and ignore the rest and pretend you're a genius. As I recall, I think we all were in agreement that Beckett's back issues that year were likely due to bad conditioning. The same with DiceK. But how was conditioning the cause of Pedroia's injury or Youk's? How was conditioning the cause of Cameron's injury or Martinez's injury in June or Ellsbury's broken ribs? That's what we're laughing about -- that sort of idiocy. So no, you weren't right. When I told you that Francona was a weak manager that did not have the command of his players, did nothing to make them mentally tougher, and made them in fact soft and selfish, what did you and that majority say? Howls of protest. Turns out I was right. Well congrats. After three years or so, you finally nailed that. Don't pull a muscle patting yourself on the back. The problem is you were posting  that ever since I joined the board in 2008. Again -- throw enough crap against the wall and eventually something will stick. Maybe I'll do that with Bobby V. Wait until midseason then post every other week that he's an egomaniac who lost respect of the players and sooner or later, I'll be be right too. Now we have your good friend Beckett - same old denials like the last few times...but facts are facts, even if you demand a wire in the clubhouse to chart everyword to know for certain what is being said. Thats not the way life works. Impressions matter - people dont forget, and Karma is real.  Beckett is overpaid, selfish, and a detriment to the team. he was key in 2007 in winning it all for us, but he was key in 2011 in blowing it for us.  Which do you think is more likely to happen again? I made my prediction. You made yours. Let's see who is right. See, it's paragraphs like this that show you're incapable of having sustaining an intelligent conversation. You continually throw sentences together that have no bearing on what I posted. WHAT FRCKN' DENIALS? Yes, facts are facts. Too bad you don't know all the facts. That wouldn't suit your MO. This way, you can make up facts, twist facts or cherry-pick facts to suit your rant.  Fine you made your prediction. But I made mine? Really? Show me in all my posts on the subject. where I made any sort of prediction. See -- this is the real credibility issue you have. You twist what others post or make things up.  I've never posted anything about what kind of year I think Beckett would have. All I've ever said is if he's in shape and pitches well, I'll root for the guy. Unlike you, I believe that just because a person doesn't always do the right thing, it doesn't make that person evil, worthy of the the type of hate and venom you spew at someone like Beckett. I acknowledge he fact that ballplayers are like the rest of us -- imperfect human beings who disappoint at times. And unlike you, I'm an optimist. I like to believe in the good in people. It makes for a happier, less bitter, life.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

Roy, you are a very intelligent person and indeed a good Red Sox fan but you just wasted twenty minutes of your life composing and writing that post. I hate to insult you but you wouldn't know a troll if he bit you on the azz in broad daylight. Nearly everyone on the forum knows that Georom doesn't himself believe what he writes here. A troll has no obligation at all to be honest, logical, sincere, logical, reasonable, or truthful. Their only goal is to draw attention to themselves and be entertained. So in effect you are debating / arguing with ssomeone who couldn't care less for what your argument is. In fact, I doubt that he even reads responses. You wasted your time. Put him onto IGNORE. Georom's best fans are those who come here to be entertained but why be a fool arguing with a stone fence?