Time to tear Fenway down

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from crmn19. Show crmn19's posts

Re: Time to tear Fenway down

In Response to Time to tear Fenway down:
    [QUOTE]I know it's old. I know it's history. I know the memories. But after visiting other new ball parks around the states, Fenway has to be the worst. Time to get a new stadium that will hold 70k plus. We'd almost fill it with every home game and our revenue will double. Need to get with times. Cant keep putting orniments and tinstle on and old tree. So uncomfortable.
    Posted by SandyRowBelfast[/QUOTE]

If it has or will soon be designated a historical landmark, it cannot be torn down.  They do not have to continue to play there (and the historical designation will ensure a place to play if/while a new place is built), but it isn't coming down.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

In Response to Re: Time to tear Fenway down:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to tear Fenway down : Not that I'm trying to pile on, but you forgot the obstructed views. IMO, everybody's right; it's a great attraction, but the seats are uncomfortable, and I did sit right behind a pole a couple of times, forcing me to lean every which way.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Agree, sat behind a pole and was not happy about it.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to tear Fenway down : Green grass, what are you smoking?
    Posted by greatestNYY[/QUOTE]

I was referencing Babe's previous comments about Fenway ...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to tear Fenway down : Agree, sat behind a pole and was not happy about it.  
    Posted by soxmeister[/QUOTE]

OK, and I'm sorry about the past. You seem like a decent fellow with many good comments after reading most of your posts since.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OhEFFU. Show OhEFFU's posts

[QUOTE]Would you "tear down" Mount Rushmore? Would you "tear down" The Taj Mahal? Would you "tear down" The Great Pyramid at Giza? Would you "tear down" Disneyland? Would you "tear down" the Eiffel Tower? Would you "tear down" Graceland? Would you "tear down" the Grand Canyon? Would you "tear down the home of Buzz Aldrin? Would you "tear down" the farm in Kansas where Dorothy grew up? Would you, could you even think of tearing down these monuments to humanity? These marvelous tourist attractions? This is real life, my friend, not fanasty.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

I would tear down Disneyland and Graceland - sure, in a second.  Dorothy's home - well, maybe, but you know that's not a real place, right?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

[QUOTE]I know it's old. I know it's history. I know the memories. But after visiting other new ball parks around the states, Fenway has to be the worst. Time to get a new stadium that will hold 70k plus. We'd almost fill it with every home game and our revenue will double. Need to get with times. Cant keep putting orniments and tinstle on and old tree. So uncomfortable.

I have been to a dozen ball parks including my home town Coors Field. I am sorry, but Fenway must stay.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Leave Fenway alone the real trouble is the trolley system. Hell it's like sardines in a can on those things. Need a much bigger real system

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Don't go to a game. Let someone who doesn't b.i..tch have your seat. Problem solved

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]All my Yankee friends say the new Yankee Stadium is cold.  Maybe if there was some urine odor ... and a few beige hot dogs ...
    Posted by soxmeister[/QUOTE]

The Sox may some day have to consider it, if they're going to keep up with the Yankees. Why not build a replica of Fenway that seats 45,000 per game...plus tons of luxury boxes?  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to tear Fenway down :      The Sox may some day have to consider it, if they're going to keep up with the Yankees. Why not build a replica of Fenway that seats 45,000 per game...plus tons of luxury boxes?  
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Maybe something like a billion dollars, or at least hundreds of millions, nevermind the political and legal battles involved in the process before it even gets started.