Tip of the cap to Beckett!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

Re: Tip of the cap to Beckett!

In Response to Re: Tip of the cap to Beckett!:
    [QUOTE]he pitched well...i hope he will not fade as the year goes on and his dumpy out of shape body betrays him...but he has looked pretty good this...and compared to the other guys, like an ace
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]
    Like I said, Beckett will have another good season ;D

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tip of the cap to Beckett! : Like I said, Beckett will have another good season ;D
    Posted by zack5042[/QUOTE]

he had a good season last year and then look what happened when his meatheadedness kicked in late in the yr...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tip of the cap to Beckett! : August 1st - how many times do I need to remind you of that?????
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

Why you bring this up?  Beckett went 4-2 out of 10 starts from August 1st to the last day of baseball.  Also he should have won couple more other games if these Red Sox bullpen did not blow these games!!!!  He is one of the player did tried hard to kept the Sox getting into the playoff!!!   

Quit trying to bring up last year problem.  This is a different team.  Everyone is trying to forget what happen last year.  

If you want to blame someone, blame Tito and Theo!!!   They were the main men to be blamed for last year collapse!!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Why you bring this up?  Beckett went 4-2 out of 10 starts from August 1st to the last day of baseball.  Also he should have won couple more other games if these Red Sox bullpen did not blow these games!!!!  He is one of the player did tried hard to kept the Sox getting into the playoff!!!   

Quit trying to bring up last year problem.  This is a different team.  Everyone is trying to forget what happen last year.  

If you want to blame someone, blame Tito and Theo!!!   They were the main men to be blamed for last year collapse!!

Yes, he was 4-3. In the 3 no decisions, he let up 2, 2, and 0 ERs in Aug-Sept 2011. If every starter did that we'd have made the playoffs easily.

In the 3 losses, he let up 5 ERs in the first inning, then pitched shutout ball, but we lsot 5-4. In the second loss, Josh went into the 8th with 1 out before letting up a weak IF hit and a DBL. Aceves came in and let up the run (charged to Josh). The last loss was when josh went into the 6th tied 2-2 and he let up 4 runs highlighted by Andino's inside the park HR. 

All-in-all 4 good starts in August and 2 bad. Nothing to get all huffy about.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

You keep manipulating the stats.  He was lights out in 2003 and 2007 at the end of the season.  Who cares - that does not affect today.  I am talking since 2008.  You do realize that RECENCY gets a greater WEIGHT?  Or maybe you don't?

In 2011 - he got SHELLED in his lat 2 starts and his Sept ERA was like 5 1/2 (August his ERA was sub 4 so not bad but it was his 2nd highest ERA for a month that season, clearly he was starting to lose it)

In 2010 his Aug ERA was @ 6 and his Sept ERA was @ 4 1/2

In 2009 his Aug ERA was @ 5 and Sept ERA was @ 4; and he pitched poorly in his only PS Start

In 2008, his Aug ERA was @ 6 and although he pitched very good in Sept however, he got hit very hard in his start against the Angels in the ALDS - I believe he didn't last 5 and he gave up 2 bombs.....In his first game against the Rays in 2008 ALCS he got CLOBBERED - 3 BOMBS, 8 Runs and he didn't even pitch 5 innings.........He did much "better" in G6 but he could only go 5 innings and still gave up 2 Bombs.........

Hardly a quality pitcher late in the season...Of course, if you want to look at pre-2008 then have at it!!!!!  I'll focus on today......

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tip of the cap to Beckett! : In the entire history of BB, I'm not sure any team has ever needed to move their best pitcher.  A small market team losing a FA maybe, but that's about it.
    Posted by Joebreidey[/QUOTE]

....except for that Ruth thing....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]" Zero, since you clearly cannot enjoy what is in front of you..." Ha well what do you do with someone who is clearly happiest when they are unhappy? Don't you get the feeling that if Beckett is still pitching great on August 1st, andrewmitch  and georom will personally drop off fried chicken at the Red Sox clubhouse?
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

They can drop off some at my door as well as long as it's not KFC. That way when they ring the door bell I'll have buckets full of tar and feather waiting to fall on both simultaniously. LOL

H-Pete

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In Response to Tip of the cap to Beckett!:
    [QUOTE] Josh Beckett pitched another outstanding game.
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]

If you take the mustache off of the Monopoly guy, I'd swear it's Charlie Brown

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]There you go again, Moon.  Why can't you just be negative like all those other guys, instead of seeing possible points of positivity? Darn it. You show that there may just be hope yet. How can you live with yourself? It's a fulltime job. Fighting negativity and living with myself.  
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Ha! 

Touche!Cool

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tip of the cap to Beckett! : ....except for that Ruth thing....
    Posted by pschuller[/QUOTE]

But that owner was a dance show producer .... from New Yawk (ok, it was Broadway).  Talk about "It's just business."  That was the ultimate sell out ...

Of course, in Baltimore, they know about the ultimate pull out ... when Irsay moved out in the middle of the night with "his" Colts.  :o) 

12. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts