TIP your cap to TAMPA BAY ..........

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: TIP your cap to TAMPA BAY ..........

perhaps you can do all of us a favor and become a devil rays fan?

I heard from God today.... and she sounded just like me.

what have i done? and who have i become?

I saw the Devil today..... and he looked a lot like me

I looked away.... I TURNED AWAYYY!

I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

No offense, Bill, but I'm not going to tip my cap to a team that does this every year, only to have nothing to show for it down the stretch.

Like always, the Rays are pretenders. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

didn't the red sox have a little bad strech acouple of month's ago and everybody thought it was over...and we came back from that..teams get on hot runs...this is far from over...we are a damn good team...lot's of games to be played.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

As they are the real deal year after year........  They certainly know how to put a team together from the bottom up, on the cheap too !!!!!!

Yes, a great team with a pitcher like Moore who gets a complete game done in 2 hours and some change.  How many players could only play well for the Ray.  Carlos Pena could not play here and had a few good years with the Rays.  We've gotten a few of their players who were a bust here.

The Rays are one of the few teams I watch when they are not playing the sox.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

I did not know there were rules and we are only supposed to talk about the Red Sox.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

As they are the real deal year after year........  They certainly know how to put a team together from the bottom up, on the cheap too !!!!!!

If the Rays starting pitching holds up, it will make no difference what the other teams do

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I agree.

Today they win 1-0, hold NY to 2 hits,  and the pitcher was not Moore or Price & neither yesterday either when they won.

Why did we let Loney go...was it because we got Napoli ? He went 2-5 yesterday with a HR and 4 RBIs and today got 2 hits.

He is the only starting player with an average over 300 

AVG .317 HR 10 RBI 50 RUNS 41

Monday morning quarterback perhaps but I wish we had him and speaking of cheap, he was cheap too.  Tampa Bay pitching is awesome and I suspect Price will pitch Monday's game. Too bad it got rained out the other day.

Well, trying to be positive, at least we can beat the Yankees !

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Yeah Tampa is a good team but they have a few warts too, the big advantage they have over NY and Boston presently is health.

It seems like in this division because all of the teams are so talented that it comes down to who can stay the healthiest the longest it's a marathon to the finish.

Price was injured early on if I'm correct the surge began at about the time of his return.

Whether they can mantain remains to be seen. All it takes is a few key injuries.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

Agree.  I really dislike Tampa Bay.  As I posted on another thread, how can a team with such a low payroll always be very competitive every season.  Baseball is the only sport that doesn't really have a salary cap and the teams with the highest payrolls in theory should be the best teams.   I do understand that some teams despite their high payrolls might have a poor season because of injuries and just underachieving,  but most of the lowest payroll teams don't have the success of Tampa Bay. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

One of the reasons for Tampa's success is that you will never see one of their players smashing a bat over a phone or going after an umpire.  The word professional means more than getting paid for playing baseball.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

One of the reasons for Tampa's success is that you will never see one of their players smashing a bat over a phone or going after an umpire.  The word professional means more than getting paid for playing baseball.

No, they have just played a bunch of crappy teams in July:

Astros (5th place, AL West, worst in MLB) 

White Sox (5th place, AL Central)

Twins (4th place, AL Central)

Blue Jays (5th place, AL East)

Yankees (4th place, AL East)

Took 2/3 with the Red Sox with one game left to be played.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

From ESPN.com:

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Im not going to "tip my cap" to ANYONE who is on the same field as me or my team trying to beat me. I hate the Rays, Im not going to tip my cap to them, ESPECIALLY if they win at the Red Sox' expense. I get sick, sick, sick of reading the drivel on here like "if they keep playing like this they deserve to win", "if they keep pitching like this they desrerve to win", and etc. I am old school when it comes to this stuff. I dont fraternize, I dont give the opposition "credit", I dont "tip my cap to them", I want them irradicated and embarrased, quivering in fear in the corner of their dugout beaten. When someone takes a hit away from me in my league, I dont tip my cap and say "nice play", I say nothing. I go back to the dugout mad and wish I had hit it harder so they couldn't take my hit away. Enough of this mutual admiration crap. I want to see victories on the field at the expense of teams not named Red Sox.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to crix's comment:

No, they have just played a bunch of crappy teams in July:

White Sox (5th place, AL Central)

Twins (4th place, AL Central)

Blue Jays (5th place, AL East)

Yankees (4th place, AL East)

Took 2/3 with the Red Sox with one game left to be played.

Exactly. Thats why they are so "hot", but theyre such media darlings you never hear that talked about.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Move to Tampa. I dont agree with what Ortiz did, in fact he needs to grow up. But it has absolutely nothing to do with Tampa Bay. The truth is, they were crappy for so long that they parlayed their high draft picks into players other teams would have gotten if they had been so inept. So they dont smash phones in the dugout, they just run their mouths like Luke Scott, and get into fights like Kyle Farnsworth.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Im not going to "tip my cap" to ANYONE who is on the same field as me or my team trying to beat me. I hate the Rays, Im not going to tip my cap to them, ESPECIALLY if they win at the Red Sox' expense. I get sick, sick, sick of reading the drivel on here like "if they keep playing like this they deserve to win", "if they keep pitching like this they desrerve to win", and etc. I am old school when it comes to this stuff. I dont fraternize, I dont give the opposition "credit", I dont "tip my cap to them", I want them irradicated and embarrased, quivering in fear in the corner of their dugout beaten. When someone takes a hit away from me in my league, I dont tip my cap and say "nice play", I say nothing. I go back to the dugout mad and wish I had hit it harder so they couldn't take my hit away. Enough of this mutual admiration crap. I want to see victories on the field at the expense of teams not named Red Sox.

WOW !!! I can relate to what you are saying and can read that you are a die heart Red Sox fan. Ya know what. I love them too but I am also a baseball fan who appreciates the exceptional skills of other players. In fact, many times I'm envious and wish they wore Sox uniforms. But, I bet that 75% of the crowd at Fenway rose in the last series with NY and applauded Mariano Rivera, albeit a dreaded Yankee player---I have hated the Yankees for 50+ years. I assume had you been there you'd stayed seated & booed !!! I enjoy watching our team win and suffer when we lose but I still appreciate seeing good baseball played by us and others too !

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

WOW !!! I can relate to what you are saying and can read that you are a die heart Red Sox fan. Ya know what. I love them too but I am also a baseball fan who appreciates the exceptional skills of other players. In fact, many times I'm envious and wish they wore Sox uniforms. But, I bet that 75% of the crowd at Fenway rose in the last series with NY and applauded Mariano Rivera, albeit a dreaded Yankee player---I have hated the Yankees for 50+ years. I assume had you been there you'd stayed seated & booed !!! I enjoy watching our team win and suffer when we lose but I still appreciate seeing good baseball played by us and others too !

Meh, cant do it. Not against my team. I wouldnt have booed Rivera, but I would not cheer him either, UNLESS he was coming in in a mop up role like game 7 of 2004. If hes coming in for a potential save? Man, theres no way Id cheer him. Im not a bad sport, I dont boo the other team, I just dont cheer them.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

How many Yankee fans would cheer Rivera if he had been a Red Sox?  I doubt any. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to crix's comment:

How many Yankee fans would cheer Rivera if he had been a Red Sox?  I doubt any. 

Just like I posted last week. Wait til Ortiz is making his last round and see if Yankees fans give him a standing ovation when he hits a late inning go-ahead HR in a game down there. Aint gonna happen friends.

Sections
Shortcuts