Titanic(Red Sox)...Iceberg(Rays)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Titanic(Red Sox)...Iceberg(Rays)

Lack of adequate Life Boats (Orioles) !!!

How can we stop from going down ???

It's deja vu all over again...12 hits Sox...8 hits Orioles

This is copied and pasted from a post the last day we played the Rays:

"Looking for something positive in the last 2 games I notice that we got more hits yet today were outscored by 3 runs...it's called walks, errors, stolen bases & "clutch hitting" ! I'm happy, at least, they got the 2 extra runs as I'd have felt, irrespective of a loss being a loss, more depressed losing 6-5 instead of 8-5. And the Rays didn't have their star closer, Farnsworth.

Can anyone enlighten me with some info that can lead me to be more positive that we, at least, can manage a split on Monday vs. the Orioles !!!                     

If the Vegas bookies don't favor the Orioles tomorrow, the fix is in !!! "                  

Right now I'd be happy with a spit of our 4 game series......
    forget the Knut Rockne "Rah Rah Rah"...the SOX got to earn their money these last few games !!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Re: Titanic(Red Sox)...Iceberg(Rays)

Our Red Sox are absolute toast. Just give it up. Epic implosion.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

The Sox will make the post season.

The Sox will win the next 3 games against the Orioles.  Lackey is going up against a bag of balls tonight, Bedard is going up against a kid up from the minors who has a 6.00 ERA, and Beckett is pitching on Wednesday.

They got Lester going against Garcia on Thursday and Lester is due for a good outing.

The Sox will go 4 and 2 in the next 6 games, leaving a 3 game series against Baltimore.  If the Sox go 2 and 1 against Baltimore, that gives the Red Sox a record of 93-69.

Assume Tampa splits with the Yankees this week.  That means Tampa has to go 6-0 in the last 2 series of the season.

If the Sox go 6-3 over the remainder of the season, Tampa has to go 8-2 in 7 games against the Yanks and 3 games against Toronto.  If they go 8-2 over the remainder of the season, they deserve to go to the post season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gramercy-Park. Show Gramercy-Park's posts

In Response to Re: Titanic(Red Sox)...Iceberg(Rays):
    [QUOTE]Our Red Sox are absolute toast. Just give it up. Epic implosion.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]

Too early to say that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smelly-Behind2817. Show Smelly-Behind2817's posts

In Response ;to Titanic(Red Sox)...Iceberg(Rays):
    [QUOTE]Lack of adequate Life Boats (Orioles) !!! How can we stop from going down ??? It's deja vu all over again...12 hits Sox...8 hits Orioles This is copied and pasted from a post the last day we played the Rays: "Looking for something positive in the last 2 games I notice that we got more hits yet today were outscored by 3 runs...it's called walks, errors, stolen bases & "clutch hitting" ! I'm happy, at least, they got the 2 extra runs as I'd have felt, irrespective of a loss being a loss, more depressed losing 6-5 instead of 8-5. And the Rays didn't have their star closer, Farnsworth. Can anyone enlighten me with some info that can lead me to be more positive that we, at least, can manage a split on Monday vs. the Orioles !!!                      If the Vegas bookies don't favor the Orioles tomorrow, the fix is in !!! "                   Right now I'd be happy with a spit of our 4 game series...... forget the Knut Rockne "Rah Rah Rah"...the SOX got to earn their money these last few games !!!
    Posted by mandobello[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tjwoods. Show tjwoods's posts

Isn't that the RMS Carpathia sailing by on the horizon looking for survivors?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

The Sox will win the next 3 games against the Orioles.  Lackey is going up against a bag of balls tonight, Bedard is going up against a kid up from the minors who has a 6.00 ERA, and Beckett is pitching on Wednesday.

We can all make poor predeicitons....just ask Softy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

[QUOTE]The Sox will win the next 3 games against the Orioles.  Lackey is going up against a bag of balls tonight, Bedard is going up against a kid up from the minors who has a 6.00 ERA, and Beckett is pitching on Wednesday. We can all make poor predeicitons....just ask Softy.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]

Like this one?
    First: 12/3/2010
    Last: 9/21/2011 

Our Red Sox are absolute toast. Just give it up. Epic implosion

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from eddiewilson. Show eddiewilson's posts

lets also assume that if the yanks clinch anytime soon, they may rest players during the last tampa series.  also, lets not forget about the angels who are only 3.5 back.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jarretfromportsmouth. Show jarretfromportsmouth's posts

I think the iceberg is also the red sox...they are their own worst enemy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

The Rays are still in a worse position than the Sox.

Magic number is now 7.

Sox will win at least 4 games, Rays will lose at least 3.

Do not take Toronto lightly. They took 3 games form us, they will not be easy games for Tampa this weekend. Toronto is a better team than Baltimore and I have confidence that this series (which is not being talked about much ) will be the series that does Tampa Bay in.

Tampa is 3-4 in it's last seven games. They are not exactly on fire , either. They really can not afford too many losses and they will most certainly lose a few in this last week....especially with New York being the opposition in most of the games.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dollkuhn. Show dollkuhn's posts

[QUOTE]lets also assume that if the yanks clinch anytime soon, they may rest players during the last tampa series.  also, lets not forget about the angels who are only 3.5 back.
    Posted by eddiewilson[/QUOTE]
    Day 1...Yanks' goal is to win the pennant. After that is accomplished, they move on to the WS.  It may not happen but at least they have a goal.
    What in the name of God was our goal when the season started?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Not a good metaphor because the Rays are anything but an iceberg.  They are more like a u-boat. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Titanic(Red Sox)...Iceberg(Rays):
    [QUOTE]Lack of adequate Life Boats (Orioles) !!! How can we stop from going down ??? It's deja vu all over again...12 hits Sox...8 hits Orioles This is copied and pasted from a post the last day we played the Rays: "Looking for something positive in the last 2 games I notice that we got more hits yet today were outscored by 3 runs...it's called walks, errors, stolen bases & "clutch hitting" ! I'm happy, at least, they got the 2 extra runs as I'd have felt, irrespective of a loss being a loss, more depressed losing 6-5 instead of 8-5. And the Rays didn't have their star closer, Farnsworth. Can anyone enlighten me with some info that can lead me to be more positive that we, at least, can manage a split on Monday vs. the Orioles !!!                      If the Vegas bookies don't favor the Orioles tomorrow, the fix is in !!! "                   Right now I'd be happy with a spit of our 4 game series...... forget the Knut Rockne "Rah Rah Rah"...the SOX got to earn their money these last few games !!!
    Posted by mandobello[/QUOTE]
    Did anyone know that the night the Titanic went down was Fenway's inaugural opening night. It was rained out. That's history.