Tito: a precious piece of prescience

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Tito: a precious piece of prescience

Looks good in a Cubs uniform, doesn't he????

GOOD LUCK, TITO!!!  Great job with the Red Sox, in spite of themselves.  It is a shame on the game that you never won Manager of the Year.

But I digress.

Best wishes always,

summerof67

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Re: Tito: a precious piece of prescience

If only he knew what was coming.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I would rarely say this about a Sox manager, but I am going to miss Tito and Tito's press conferences. He deserved a better fate than the Sept. nosedive.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

He absolutely did. The guy did the impossible in Boston twice.  Theo should be gone and Tito should have stayed.  Good luck to him and thank you for the miracle in 2004.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtDawgSox. Show DirtDawgSox's posts

In Response to Re: Tito: a precious piece of prescience:
    [QUOTE]He absolutely did. The guy did the impossible in Boston twice.  Theo should be gone and Tito should have stayed.  Good luck to him and thank you for the miracle in 2004.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]
    I agree. Theo is a slick one.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Veritas007. Show Veritas007's posts

I am glad he's gone. He could not manage these players

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tjwoods. Show tjwoods's posts

Tito, Thanks for the two W.S. rings. We'll be forever grateful for the leader who got out us from the curse.

And, thank you for having the maturity to know it was time to move on for a new manager. Class act and best wishes to you.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

Epstein is the real problem.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from paesan59. Show paesan59's posts

I like Tito as a manager and thought he should have stayed on but it was clear that the front office was not seeing that way. All managers have a shelf life and under the circumstances it was clear that it was time for Tito to go. Now that he is gone can we all move on to looking for a new manager instead of worrying about the past. Something needed to be done. Some people do not like to make changes but I always say "change is good" embrace change and if you are positive about it then good things will come from it. This clubhouse needed a shake up.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Although there are clearly many very significant and negative behaviors going on in the Red Sox clubhouse, after reading many different articles, my take is that John Henry's lack of support for Tito was the largest factor for Tito leaving.

I liked Tito, he will be hard to replace and I thank him for his part of bringing home the trophy in 04 and 07. I wish him nothing but the best.

For the Red Sox to really fix the myriad of problems they have, Theo needs to go, as well. A complete remake of this team is necessary and I am more than willing to endure several  poor seasons in the standings to achieve the Championship again with a team that has commaraderie and character.

The names of the perps in this clubhouse meltdown will either be made public by the media, the players themselves or we will be able to infer who they were by those players that are released or traded.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnDeckCircle. Show OnDeckCircle's posts

Terry Francona will land on his feet real well with the Sox of Chicago.   The owner (Jerry Reinsdorf) likes him, the GM (Kenny Williams) is good to work with and Francona has previous connections with the team when he managed AA Birmingham when Michael Jordan was there trying his hand at playing baseball.   There's no other managerial vacancies in the AL and he may not be interested in the NL.

Sections
Shortcuts