Tito Appreciation Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roadrunner9234. Show Roadrunner9234's posts

Re: Tito Appreciation Thread

I know it doesn't work this way, but if someone has to go I wish it were the GM, not the Manager.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I am ready for a change however Tito has been an A+ manager overall. We owe him and I am certain he will get a standing O anytime and every time he enters the field at Fenway.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Tito: Thanks for this franchise's greatest eight-year run since before WWI broke out. I hate how it ended, but maybe you're better off in a town without the ridiculous expectations you created by winning our first world championship in 86 years.

Wherever you end up will become my second-favorite team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

This is about (unbalanced) egos and money...like everything else.  Ironically, the guy taking the fall appears to be the one with the most balance; makes the least money.

I will miss this guy and route for him.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I do hope if Tito does leave he throws every one of those bastards that caused problems under the bus. I want names!

I will always believe Tito had the guys best intrests at heart, and some of them really spat on him this year. Shame on those that did.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

You were the reason Curt came here ...

And the Bloody Sock game will go down as one of the  greatest, gutsiest moments ever.

Leading to the truly impossible ... a World Series Crown.

We will, I will, forever enjoy the magic of that moment.  My dad -87 at the time - and I nearly danced.  And these are two white boys you don't want to see dance! 

You kept Manny in tow for a good long time ... something no one else ever succeeded at ... to the end where he was crtitical to both WS crowns.  Keeping Manny somewhat docile if not happy ...unbelieve job.

The second crown took away the element of luck.  

This was a tough September, sir.  But you know that far better than most.  I am sorry that you had to go through it ....

Replacing you will be hard to do.

Again, thank you for all the good memories.  

Heck, thank you for ALL THE GREAT MEMORIES!!!

Go in peace, health and our great appreciation!                                              

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

In Response to Re: Tito Appreciation Thread:
    [QUOTE]I do hope if Tito does leave he throws every one of those bastards that caused problems under the bus. I want names! I will always believe Tito had the guys best intrests at heart, and some of them really spat on him this year. Shame on those that did.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Tito has too much class to name names. If you need names than you really haven't been watching closely.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Tito:  I am forever in your debt.

The ghosts of my Mom and Dad, and assorted aunts, uncles, cousins and friends, are looking down and cheering you as you leave.  Your brought them, and me, tears of joy in 2004, 2007 and more than a few years in between.

Good luck on your next posting.  A word of advice, and it is worth what you paid for it:  you will make out much better - financially, physically and psychically -if you take a broadcast job.  And you would be good at it, so why not? 

If you have any doubts that career move, talk to Bobby Valentine or Tim McCarver.  Don't talk to Joe Morgan (former player, not former manager) - he's an idiot.

God be with you, Tito.

Oh, and PS -

Is this you as a player, or a future manager?  Hmmm?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

Personally I think the Red Sox are making a BIG mistake here. Time will tell.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RiceintheHall. Show RiceintheHall's posts

You were the right guy for the team during the "Idiot" years.  We appreciate the memories.  You were honorable and loyal to your players and put a great face on the franchise.  Good luck in the future....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lmitaly. Show lmitaly's posts

Tito you will be sorely missed. Thank-you so much for the job you did while you were here. Wherever you go I will root for you and wish you and your family the best.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]Tito:  I am forever in your debt. The ghosts of my Mom and Dad, and assorted aunts, uncles, cousins and friends, are looking down and cheering you as you leave.  Your brought them, and me, tears of joy in 2004, 2007 and more than a few years in between. Good luck on your next posting.  A word of advice, and it is worth what you paid for it:  you will make out much better - financially, physically and psychically -if you take a broadcast job.  And you would be good at it, so why not?  If you have any doubts that career move, talk to Bobby Valentine or Tim McCarver.  Don't talk to Joe Morgan (former player, not former manager) - he's an idiot. God be with you, Tito. Oh, and PS - Is this you as a player, or a future manager?  Hmmm?
    Posted by summerof67[/QUOTE]

handsome dude

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Thanks Tito for your historic run of World Championships! You are the greatest Red Sox manager eva!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

[QUOTE]Thanks Tito for your historic run of World Championships! You are the greatest Red Sox manager eva!!!
    Posted by beavis[/QUOTE]

Bob Feller said the same thing many times about Teddy Ballgme

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mac24. Show mac24's posts

Thank you Terry Francona! A huge part of ending decades worth of suffering for Red Sox fans. What he did here was nothing short of amazing. A class act every day, and always represented the Sox and himself to a standard beyond anything we could ask of anyone. I hate to see him leave.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

We, most of us fans, cannot thank you enough for you have done for this team and fans.  I feel terrfied to see the greatest manager in Sox history walk away but Mr. Francona.... Take a year long vacation, stay healthy both physically and mentally, and please come back in 2013 cause 2012 will be another miserable year for the Sox without you as a manager of this team..

Thank you and we truely appreciate your work...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ProfessorTwain. Show ProfessorTwain's posts

Francona has been a class act. Red Sox manager is one of the toughest jobs in baseball with the high expectations coming from all sides.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

It will be a sad day if we find out that Tito is leaving because he got fed up and this team collapsed because some jerks in the clubhouse were cancers.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pri360. Show pri360's posts

[QUOTE]It will be a sad day if we find out that Tito is leaving because he got fed up and this team collapsed because some jerks in the clubhouse were cancers.
    Posted by KRomine[/QUOTE] 
    Sad, as a non Red Sox fan, I always had a great deal of respect for Francona and the way he manged all those persoanlities for so many years. I expect he'll wind up in a real good situation and I expect that he'll do well.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

A good man and the best Red Sox Manager in history.
    He desreved better, but as someone said, "managers are hired to be fired".
    I wish him the best at whatever he chooses.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]I do hope if Tito does leave he throws every one of those bastards that caused problems under the bus. I want names! I will always believe Tito had the guys best intrests at heart, and some of them really spat on him this year. Shame on those that did.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]
    He'll never name names publicly, but they'll get out there. I have my suspicions, but not having ever stepped foot in the Sox clubhouse, that's all they are.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cglassanos. Show cglassanos's posts

Thank you for everything Terry.  You're the epitome of the word "Manager" and I strive to model my interactions on your even-keeled, loyalty-based, compassion-filled, flexible nature.

You do not deserve this end but it does not reflect on you or your accomplishments.

Thank you so very, very much.  I will miss seeing you chomping away on Dubble-Bubble.

Peace, love, and Pepto-Bismol,
    Red Sox Fan in NoVA

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Medic87. Show Medic87's posts

yeah just very disappointing,  Tito haters got what they wanted.  Correct me if i am wrong but did TITO pitch at all in sept?  didnt think so.  Great manager/guy, he will get another job immediately (white sox).  It will be sad to see him in another uniform, I will never forget him for being a part of our WS wins. 

Sections
Shortcuts