Tito Appreciation Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WongTiaoChingSui. Show WongTiaoChingSui's posts

Re: Tito Appreciation Thread

Congrats on your new career.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

wow someone purged my post because it didnt lick enough boots - maybe i can be more contrite this time...good riddance - the one thing that was supposed to be your strength (player relations) was your undoing...i guess thats expected when your managerial skills are limited to following the sabermetrics book of no thinking moves....can we move on now? i really dont feel like being the "appreciative" mood after this collapse

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: Tito Appreciation Thread:
    wow someone purged my post because it didnt lick enough boots - maybe i can be more contrite this time...good riddance - the one thing that was supposed to be your strength (player relations) was your undoing...i guess thats expected when your managerial skills are limited to following the sabermetrics book of no thinking moves....can we move on now? i really dont feel like being the "appreciative" mood after this collapse
    Posted by georom4

Well, geo, there are several other threads without the word  "appreciation" in the title.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamesey271975. Show jamesey271975's posts

I hope he goes nowhere. People have very short memories if they forget what he did winnig two WS. I doubt theres another manage rin baseball that could have turned around 2004 in the post season like he did. 

If he does leave i cant wait to see howe the next manager gets ripped by fans, considering Tito was being called an idiot 8 mths after winning a WS. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

Terry Francona...Truely the players manager. Never called out players and had their respect almost always. 2 World series wins in 8 years after a period of time were non of your predecessors could do it in once in 86. Class act always and surely will do well in a new organization. I will miss you, sox nation will miss you, and the organization will miss you. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Tito,

I also am very sad to see you go.  Best manager in RedSox history.  I shared 2004 with my dad as well.  That is a memory I will always have and you were front and center.  I have a list of people I would love to meet.  You are there.  Your friendly personality and loyalty is something we have appreciated over the yrs.  I wish you well.  And I will also have a new second favorite team wherever you land. 
    Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mantazz. Show Mantazz's posts

I totally appreciate the man and can only thank him for the job done with the Sox... here's hoping for success wherever life takes him now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4132508. Show user_4132508's posts

Surely wish that Francona could stay and Papelblown could go. I know Pap isn't the only problem, but it should would help. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Best Red Sox Manager in 90 years.  That is not an opinion that is a fact. 

Regardless of how you feel about his managerial skills, you can't deny that he always represented the organization with class.  He seems to truly care about his players (maybe to a fault) and right or wrong Tito was always out front, accepting blame on himself and deflecting praise to his players. 

The Red Sox were 9-3 in play-off elimination games under Francona.  We all remember 04, but 07 and 08 (though just short) were equally impressive comebacks.  In the most pressure packed of situations Tito's team did their best work.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JPPL. Show JPPL's posts

"http://"Re: Tito Appreciation Thread

Best wishes and good health, Tito.  Thank-you so very much for all you have done in the past eight years.  I have the utmost respect and admiration for you and am very sad to see you leave.  It will never be the same without you.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In Response to Re: Tito Appreciation Thread : He'll never name names publicly, but they'll get out there. I have my suspicions, but not having ever stepped foot in the Sox clubhouse, that's all they are.
    Posted by LloydDobler

My guesses

Lackey- out of shape, showing up teammates, showing up the manager, generally sucking and having a lousy attitude.

Agone- Sorry to say it but if he is whining publicly about travel schedules and night games, you know it is worse when there are no reporters around.

Beckett/Papi/Youk/Drew/etc... -  I think the old guard was just too comfortable with Tito.  Drew more or less made a decision to take the year off with a string of 'kind of' injuries, that doesn't play well.  Youk seemed out of shape to me and even before the injuries wasn't have his best year.  Beckett too, he fatigued significantly as the season went on.  By September Josh was regularly and visibily spent by the 6th inning.

Pedey/Ells/Scutaro- NOT THE PROBLEM.  If the whole team had their approach we'd be playing tonight. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lfreeman9. Show lfreeman9's posts

This is disgusting. To pin this team's shortcomings on the manager is simple-minded, sports radio driven, reactionary decision making at its worst. If our erstwhile closer had not blown 2 crucial saves against one of the worst teams in baseball, he'd still be here. If Beckett & Lester, our 2 aces, wouldnt have had horrendous September performances, he'd still be here. If Youkilis, Buchholz, and a host of others wouldnt have been injured, he'd still be here. If Carl Crawford would have lived up to his expectations, with the bat AND his glove, he'd still be here. Need I go on? This man ended an 86 year drought & brought us 2 championships, something generations of fans never thought they'd see. He knew how to handle this city & the media & did it with class. Absent gross mismanagement, he should have been allowed to go on his own terms. Today, I am embarassed to be a fan of this team. This is a dark day for the Red Sox.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfanwest. Show soxfanwest's posts

Good luck to the best manager the Red Sox have ever had. The haters should be careful what they wish for.
    Posted by davetheknave

Amen to that, well said.

Unfortunately, Tito your judged in this game by the "what have you done for me lately crowd". Unfair in everyway! Thanks for all your hard work.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

Thanks Tito.  2 WS............

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In Response to Re: Tito Appreciation Thread : I'm in general agreement. The only name I  wasn't thinking was Drew. Honestly, he wasn't around much.
    Posted by LloydDobler

Right, but in the last year of 70 million dollar contract, off to a bad start and then a string of 'injuries', it speaks to the culture of the team that he wasn't around much and nobody seemed to concerned about it. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from swhiting. Show swhiting's posts

To survive and win in Boston takes a special person. Terry Francona is such a person.

Back in 1986, when Stanley ran out in the 6th inning (first time I ever saw him do that) told me immediatly that we were toast. He didn't lose it, but he didn't stop it either.

Tis showed me that we needed the idiots and Terry who could deal with all of us CRAZY fans. 

Terry we have been lucky to have you as our manager! You were exactly what was needed to have a chance and to successfuly win the World Series.

Thank you and good luck!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jguemesr. Show jguemesr's posts

Tito, hope you have the best of lucks wherever you go, THANK YOU from a mexican red sox fan, you were big part of some of the happiest times we had with this team....

suerte y mucho animo!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Except for Geo's classless post, nice thread from many who rarely post here.
    Tito will never be forgotten. Unfortunately, when ya win it all in grand fashion right off the bat, there's only one direction remaining...

Sections
Shortcuts