Tito Bashers, Talk About How he Massaged the Game Tonight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Tito Bashers, Talk About How he Massaged the Game Tonight

He came to get Wake at the perfect moment and tabbed the right guy.  He knew Tek could do the job with Wake and made the right call with Wake and Aceves in combination.  He has moved CC up in the lineup slowly allowing him to really settle in.  He flipped Scutaro and JD Drew giving the bottom of the order some punch.  Masterful job by Tito.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Re: Tito Bashers, Talk About How he Massaged the Game Tonight

Ed McMahon, employed by BDC.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

In Response to Re: Tito Bashers, Talk About How he Massaged the Game Tonight:
    [QUOTE]Ed McMahon, employed by BDC.
    Posted by Your-Echo[/QUOTE]

You can always ignore rather than stalk.  You went to the thread.  maybe i'll ask you for the OK to post topics from now on...On second thought, who cares what you approve?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Jim, you won't get any response, of course, because they aren't around after wins.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i fell asleep and missed the game but when you have a low scoring, tight 11-6 game, you know the managers are in serious control of the outcome...

Jim, it was a masterful job of managing!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wolfpack13. Show Wolfpack13's posts

Jim let's face it Tito will never get the credit he deserves from about 10% of the fan base. Why bother?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

To borrow a poster's bottom line,

I blame Tito for this win.

:o)

And kudos to that washed up guy from the DR, too.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]i fell asleep and missed the game but when you have a low scoring, tight 11-6 game, you know the managers are in serious control of the outcome... Jim, it was a masterful job of managing!
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]
    Yet if the Sox had lost 11-6 ...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

For the record, I wanted Aceves puuled earlier.

Of course, now we have a full BP available for tomorrow if necessary.

So Tito made all the right moves.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]i fell asleep and missed the game but when you have a low scoring, tight 11-6 game, you know the managers are in serious control of the outcome... Jim, it was a masterful job of managing!
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

The game was much closer than 11-6.  It was able to get to 11-6 because of the moves Tito made mid game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Francona hs nights when he does it all right, and nights when he does too many things wrong. 

His critics only post on the latter nights.  And there are more nights he is on than off.

So who you are posting to is beyond me.

Might as well ask andrewmitch and ADG how Drew did tonight...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Ed McMahon, employed by BDC. ---your-echo
    ----------------------------------------

What does that mean?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

He woud have been stupid not to pull Wake field at that moment. Going with Aceves is another smart move because he can eat a lot of innings, as shown tonight. Now we have basically a relatively fresh pen for tomorrow. Who know what can happen with CC and Beckett going at it once again, but based on how these matchups and series have gone this year, I say Sox win and I hope Tito doesn't ruin it. Tongue out

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I am worried Tito will fly his best players out of town today so they can get an extra day of rest for that all too important Toronto series... why really hurt the Yankees with a sweep when you can just surrender.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]Ed McMahon, employed by BDC. ---your-echo ---------------------------------------- What does that mean?
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Echo believes I am Softy's straight man.  Softy is Carson and I'm Ed McMahon.  I think echo is my straight man!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Well, After the defense gave up 3 runs in the 5th, Wake was on a tight leash in the 6th. frankly, I was surprised to see him out there as Francona is usually quick to pull him.
    Aceves was hit hard but fortunately, one of those went directly to Youk for the DP. After that, it was a battle of the BPs and we won out.
    It was really a no-brianer to stay with Aceves since we were still up by three. And our half of the 9th put the icing on the cake, so need need for Pap.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

Why do Francona's minions feel the need to congratulate him for simply doing what he's paid to do?????  I believe they are as surprised as I am that he actually managed a game like any high school coach would. He did his job last night, so they need to bring it to our attention, since it doesn't happen that often!
    He gets criticized for not doing what he's well paid to do. It's a simple concept.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]Why do Francona's minions feel the need to congratulate him for simply doing what he's paid to do?????
    Posted by BOSOX1941[/QUOTE]

He has a lot of supporters, including most of the fans, the players and the upper management.  People that actually like and appreciate him.  Guess you'll just have to deal with it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

I don't see how anyone can complain about anything considering the Sox have the best record in the AL after starting out 2-10.

Since then, they've gone 33-16!!!!  That's 670 ball.  They can cool off significantly and still win 100 games.

How does the Fancona factor figure into playing 670 ball?  Are people trying to suggest that they'd be playing 700 ball without the francona factor?

Take away the 4 game losing streak starting with the loss to Detroit in the 2nd game of Doubleheader and a tough flight home, and they would be playing 700 ball.

And they've played that well with 2 of their starting pitchers and one of their top relievers on the DL.  Incredible stuff.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

[QUOTE]Why do Francona's minions feel the need to congratulate him for simply doing what he's paid to do?????  I believe they are as surprised as I am that he actually managed a game like any high school coach would. He did his job last night, so they need to bring it to our attention, since it doesn't happen that often! He gets criticized for not doing what he's well paid to do. It's a simple concept.
    Posted by BOSOX1941[/QUOTE]

BOSOX topics like this get started as a response to all the irrational topics that get created by YOU Tito bashers.

In any event, neither the bashing topics or topics like this one should praise or criticize Tito because it ALWAYS comes down to PLAYER PERFORMANCE that dictates how a game progresses.

If Aceves doesn't get Jeter to hit into a DP toend the 6th there could have been a different result in the game last night and BOSOX and GEORM and company would be criticizing Francona for leaving him in...etc etc.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

Why do Francona's minions feel the need to congratulate him for simply doing what he's paid to do?????  I believe they are as surprised as I am that he actually managed a game like any high school coach would. He did his job last night, so they need to bring it to our attention, since it doesn't happen that often!
    He gets criticized for not doing what he's well paid to do. It's a simple concept.
    Don't forget "THE FRANCONA FACTOR" The opposition counts on it !!!

Your philosophy is so lame and sophmoric.  In your world, you can berate a person for not being perfect, but can't give one an attaboy for good to superior performance.  Do you get bothered when fans cheer at a game for a hit?  Gee the player is just doing what he's paid to do.  Why cheer.  Parks would be pretty quiet in your world.  I guess you feel I wasted my time in 2004, driving 350 miles to watch a bunch of guys on duck boats getting kudos from a million fans for just doing what they were paid to do.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Count me as a Tito basher?? (look, he is a good manager, let's be real, one of the top 5 in baseball). I thought at the exact time he pulled Tim, he didn't have to. But Aceves turned in a yeoman effort and if the idea was to go with Aceves for 3plus innings the way it went down, then again it's all about winning. If it works great, if it doesn't we second guess. It's part of the game for fans to second guess (or first guess by complaining when a move or non-move happens or not). Wake was hurt by weak defense (seems like softy does the official scoring at all Wake games because every time there is a questionable ball hit, it's ruled a hit v. Tim and an error for the other starters). He did the right thing by sitting down Paps after the homer by Drew, hate seeing extra warmups for the closer if he doesn't have to.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

Jim .....We always gave credit to your guy TF in managing those 7-1, 8-5, 11-6 snoozers that he's been noted for during the last 8 yrs. It's the close ones he has a problem with. He found a new toy last night, Aceves. Watch him burn through this guy before the All-Star break trying to save Bard,and Paps and others in that precious BP. When's the last time you saw TF go to the BP after 1.2 innings to relieve his starter? With Aceves he has that option now. This Aceves guy's arm will be little more than limp linguini after August or early Sept. With Wake in the rotation Aceves is the new Sanitation Engineer in the BP.                You gave TF credit for managing an 8-5 game to an 11-6 final. How did you figure that? The same guys we had in the game at 8-5 were around at 11-6.                Jim you and Lloyd keep drinking the Kool-Aid and dancing around the room with that big red feathered Boa convincing yourselves that TF is as good as it gets. In the mean time we're still out here ever vigilant and holding him to a much higher standard than mediocrity.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

i think he has a different set of rules to manage Wakefield than his other 4 starters. But that is on Tito, not on Wakefield. Tim does not need the coddling.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]Why do Francona's minions feel the need to congratulate him for simply doing what he's paid to do?????  I believe they are as surprised as I am that he actually managed a game like any high school coach would. He did his job last night, so they need to bring it to our attention, since it doesn't happen that often! He gets criticized for not doing what he's well paid to do. It's a simple concept. Don't forget "THE FRANCONA FACTOR" The opposition counts on it !!! Your philosophy is so lame and sophmoric.  In your world, you can berate a person for not being perfect, but can't give one an attaboy for good to superior performance.  Do you get bothered when fans cheer at a game for a hit?  Gee the player is just doing what he's paid to do.  Why cheer.  Parks would be pretty quiet in your world.  I guess you feel I wasted my time in 2004, driving 350 miles to watch a bunch of guys on duck boats getting kudos from a million fans for just doing what they were paid to do.
    Posted by piersall[/QUOTE]
    Exactly, what's so great about Papi's 15 homers, Gonzo's 53 ribbies or Ellsbury's 23 stolen bases? That's what they're supposed to do!

Sections
Shortcuts