Tito give us the NAMES, we want the NAMES of those Bastards!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Tito give us the NAMES, we want the NAMES of those Bastards!

I want names of every player that caused problems in that clubhouse this year, I want to know who I can booooo the pizz out of all next year.

If I can say one thing about Tito that is good its that he watched over and protected every last one of them.

Now we are hearing and will continue to hear that there were some problematic players in the house. Lets have the names followed by some heads on a big platter.

I was ready for a managerial change but now I think I get the real picture, we have some unseemly players on this team that brought the house down...

JOHN LACKEY is name #1, I don't even need a confirmation from Tito on that one. Lackluster showed up our manager right on the mound for all the world to see.

Names now please Tito, I promise we fans will take care of them - driving them from the city with relentless boooooooo's.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: Tito give us the NAMES, we want the NAMES of those Bastards!

i heard players were pounding beers in the clubhouse during games...playing cards?????? is that true? unf'nbelievable....

why would tito out any of them - he's the one that is going to look like the fool for tolerating it

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I know, I am truly ready for a new manager but I know damn well he is a good guy who got WALKED on!  I hate that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

In Response to Re: Tito give us the NAMES, we want the NAMES of those Bastards!:
    [QUOTE]i heard players were pounding beers in the clubhouse during games...playing cards?????? is that true? unf'nbelievable.... why would tito out any of them - he's the one that is going to look like the fool for tolerating it
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

After reading this stuff, I decided to put the Boston Red Sox (and the associated players) on probation.  That's right!  That blue hat with the red "B" will not be worn for a year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

In Response to Re: Tito give us the NAMES, we want the NAMES of those Bastards!:
    [QUOTE]i heard players were pounding beers in the clubhouse during games...playing cards?????? is that true? unf'nbelievable.... why would tito out any of them - he's the one that is going to look like the fool for tolerating it
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]That rumor seems absurd. But a read between the lines quickly suggests that the following could have been possible:

Guys weren't doing their "work" from video to applying it in the cage and bullpens.

Guys may well have become whiners about everything form where they were in batting order/rotation to clubhouse facilities, travel arrangements and possibly each other. And I am quite sure that some players turned on Magadan, Young and Bogar as the source of their own shortcomings. That one is obvious enough. That happened in 2006 when Tek and Nixon whined Papa Jack right out of town.

It is going to be some wild theatre the next couple of months. If Terry Francona ever found his "inner Ozzie" it would be something.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

just take a looka at the reactions of the players...who was crushed, and who ran right out of the door?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

This has become bigger than I was naively expecting. I did not really think beyond the poor pitching and some gaffes by Tito this past month. If the clubhouse has some bad people in it I want to know who. 

I always really liked Beckett and Youk but I promise you if real evidence comes out that they made problems for others then I will be chanting them out of town.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Starting Pitchers who weren't pitching that day were drinking beers before games - not players scheduled to play.

I think it's Lackey. I think he's the bad apple.  Him and Beckett seem to be pals and if the 2 highest paid players on the team are acting out, there's not a whole lot anyone can do.

Get rid Lackey and Wakefield. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Terry Francona reportedly called a team meeting on September 7 to address his concerns:

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/baseball/red_sox/view/2011_0930titos_time_may_be_up_in_trying_season_clubhouse_got_away_from_managers_style/

The meeting apparently did not have its desired results as the Red Sox went 5-15 the remainder of the season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

This is when the reporters should go and do some work to dig this out.  Come on lads -- you were all to quick to write puff pieces during the year when Theo gave 'em to you.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Thanks hill55 - 

We need to know who did what, I refuse to root for any of these jerks as individuals. I want to know who among the team doesn't care about the team and subsequently the fans.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

awful example to send the team..ie drinking in the clubhouse..francona should have cracked down on that  IF TRUE.

What IF lackley or any of them have an alcohol problem

now thats even scarier to me.

they need help not enablers.

ticks me off IF this  culture was tolerated.

I do think the team problems were more than the alcohol

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

The Nation demands to know the perps. I along with others that have said so in this thread will instantly hate whoever they are. Lackey is one of them, I guarantee you that. It would not surprise me if Youk is on that team too. His bitching about Ells last year has come back to bite him. Explain your two years in a row late season no show.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Actually Francona was pretty adamant during the media session yesterday to say that John Lackey was not a problem in the clubhouse or on the field.

As a matter of fact, for all of his antics on the field, he would apologize after the fact and was in good standing with the other players.

Considering that Tito probably knew what he was going to do today, he could have easily thrown Lackey under the bus and confirmed he was a clubhouse problem...fact is he did not do that, so I think we need to look elsewhere.

If I had to speculate on contributors to the problem, my first guess would be that Josh Beckett led the way maybe followed by Wakefield and Papelbon.

Is there any possibility that the close relationship between Pedroia and Francona soured this year with Pedey crossing the respect line?? Once again I am totally speculating on this.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Nobody is going to come right out and say it, but look to see who is moved in the off-season.  If it was a contributor, he was probably a problem in the club-house.  I would guess Aceves is one of those guys - he is too good to be available at the price we signed him.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

According to Jackie McMullen's article on ESPN, the main culprits are
    Kevin Youkilis (negative, complaining, into everyone's business) and Papi (loose cannon) were the ones named.
    I'm sure we'll hear more as time goes by.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

[QUOTE]Actually Francona was pretty adamant during the media session yesterday to say that John Lackey was not a problem in the clubhouse or on the field. As a matter of fact, for all of his antics on the field, he would apologize after the fact and was in good standing with the other players. Considering that Tito probably knew what he was going to do today, he could have easily thrown Lackey under the bus and confirmed he was a clubhouse problem...fact is he did not do that, so I think we need to look elsewhere. If I had to speculate on contributors to the problem, my first guess would be that Josh Beckett led the way maybe followed by Wakefield and Papelbon. Is there any possibility that the close relationship between Pedroia and Francona soured this year with Pedey crossing the respect line?? Once again I am totally speculating on this.
    Posted by Soxdog67[/QUOTE]

I doubt it was Pap.  Tito went out of his way to acknowledge that Pap "grew up" this year and was a go to guy for the younger pitchers.

My hunches are Youk and Ortiz.  Papi is the only one that openly questioned the manager (Aceves should start)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from YankeeBill. Show YankeeBill's posts

In Response to Tito give us the NAMES, we want the NAMES of those Bastards!:
    [QUOTE]I want names of every player that caused problems in that clubhouse this year, I want to know who I can booooo the pizz out of all next year. If I can say one thing about Tito that is good its that he watched over and protected every last one of them. Now we are hearing and will continue to hear that there were some problematic players in the house. Lets have the names followed by some heads on a big platter. I was ready for a managerial change but now I think I get the real picture, we have some unseemly players on this team that brought the house down... JOHN LACKEY is name #1, I don't even need a confirmation from Tito on that one. Lackluster showed up our manager right on the mound for all the world to see. Names now please Tito, I promise we fans will take care of them - driving them from the city with relentless boooooooo's.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

We'll have to wait for the book !

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Nobody is going to come right out and say it, but look to see who is moved in the off-season.  If it was a contributor, he was probably a problem in the club-house.  I would guess Aceves is one of those guys - he is too good to be available at the price we signed him.  
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

I doubt it; but it might be a surprise who the pariahs are (i.e, AGon); I actually went through each player in my head, and the only one I'm sure is innocent is Pedroia, then maybe Papelbon (who's changed alot)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tito give us the NAMES, we want the NAMES of those Bastards! : I doubt it; but it might be a surprise who the pariahs are (i.e, AGon); I actually went through each player in my head, and the only one I'm sure is innocent is Pedroia, then maybe Papelbon (who's changed alot)
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Something still tells me Youk was one.  Just a feeling.  He was hurt, had to move to 3b, had a sub-par year

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]Actually Francona was pretty adamant during the media session yesterday to say that John Lackey was not a problem in the clubhouse or on the field. As a matter of fact, for all of his antics on the field, he would apologize after the fact and was in good standing with the other players. Considering that Tito probably knew what he was going to do today, he could have easily thrown Lackey under the bus and confirmed he was a clubhouse problem...fact is he did not do that, so I think we need to look elsewhere. If I had to speculate on contributors to the problem, my first guess would be that Josh Beckett led the way maybe followed by Wakefield and Papelbon. Is there any possibility that the close relationship between Pedroia and Francona soured this year with Pedey crossing the respect line?? Once again I am totally speculating on this.
    Posted by Soxdog67[/QUOTE]

That's an interesting take, but if chemistry is a new problem, it seems like the new faces would be the first place to look.  Lackey would be my first choice, but when Francona is asked point-blank he is very clear that Lackey is considered a great club-house guy.  That's not Francona's style - if that's not the case, he is more inclined to give a diplomatic non-answer than a flat-out lie.

I don't think Crawford was the problem - the only area Crawford has really been impressive this year is in his character off the field.  And if there had been personality issues prior to his signing, you would think we would have had a sense of them while he was with the Rays.

My impression of Gonzalez is that he is more quiet than anything.  I don't think he would stir any trouble, but is probably not a leader in the club-house. 

We know Papi loved Manny, and probably felt more comfortable on the old teams with more Dominicans and native Spanish speakers.  If Aceves was a problem, I could see the two bonding, and like any office politics, griping together, and before long both are an issue with regards to chemistry.

I'm going to guess Ellsbury, too, was an issue.  Fantastic performance aside, there were a ton of chemistry issues in 2010 that turned out to be irrelevant because he was never with the team.  Unlike the statements in support of Lackey, you never heard Francona say anything about Ellsbury being a terrific club-house guy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

Again according to McMullen yesterday, Ellsbury is not a problem.
    She said he is kind of a loner, who only really is friendly with Jed Lowrie.
    In other words, look somewhere else to blame.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

My bet is Lackey and Beckett. Both Texas buds and no one in baseball seems to have a worse attitude than Lackey, so he could easily have pulled Beckett in. Certainly with Beckett's performance going downhill as the season progressed, it seems to make sense that he was picking up Lackey's "tude".

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinjin5000. Show sinjin5000's posts

If any of these things really went on, it falls on francona, it was his job to keep control of the club house, end of question. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

[QUOTE]This is when the reporters should go and do some work to dig this out.  Come on lads -- you were all to quick to write puff pieces during the year when Theo gave 'em to you.
    Posted by Ergoetal[/QUOTE]

Sections
Shortcuts