Tito give us the NAMES, we want the NAMES of those Bastards!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: Tito give us the NAMES, we want the NAMES of those Bastards!

In Response to Re: Tito give us the NAMES, we want the NAMES of those Bastards!:
    In Response to Re: Tito give us the NAMES, we want the NAMES of those Bastards! : =================================================  The truth shall set you free.
    Posted by djbosox2004
    But first it will make you miserable.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

In Response to Re: Tito give us the NAMES, we want the NAMES of those Bastards!:
    Soooooooooo, this witch-hunt thread is supposed to uncover the real reasons?
    Posted by harness

If you do not want to talk names than stay out of the thread. It totally matters to me. I see no reason whatsoever to root for some jerk who helped bring the team to its knees the last month of ball. I put too much effort into being a fan to having some jack-zz ruin for the fandom and especially their teammates.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Yeah, I figured a witch hunt would totally matter to you. Pike will lend you his lynch mob rope. Just what do you hope to uncover from a keyboard in Cambodia?

And if you honestly think team dissention is the reason for the collapse, then I strongly suggest you look at the '72-74 Oakland A's.

Dissention and will always be born out of losing. Lack of pitching is why the team fell. You simply took a Pikeian-type post of yours and expanded on it to fan the flames.

Pity, because many of your prior posts had reached a higher level lately.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

"My impression of Gonzalez is that he is more quiet than anything.  I don't think he would stir any trouble, but is probably not a leader in the club-house."   slomag I am of the opinion that your dead on with that assessment.
    Posted by BurritoT

Ah yes.  We all believe the guy with the .338 average and .957 OPS is innocent, but is he really?

Fact: Adrian Gonzalez has been traded 3 times and is with his fourth organization is less than 10 years.

Fact: He was once traded for Adam Eaton in a a trade orchestrated by John Hart.  The very same John Hart who drafted known clubhouse distraction Manny Ramirez. The very same John Hart who tried to re-acquire Manny Ramirez.  Yet this man who was tolerant enough for Manny had to rid himself of Gonzalez!  Ask yourselves: why?

Laduies and gentlemen, I think we all knew who had that beer in the clubhouse.  And I think we all know which member of this team not only smelt it, but also dealt it.

And that is why that clubhouse stinks.  Because of Adrian Gonzalez! The first name on your list.  That's why!

Case closed!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

You want names? You want answers? You want the truth? You can't handle the truth!
    Posted by dannycater

DID YOU ORDER THE CODE RED?????

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Since nobody on this thread is privy to anything that ever happened in the clubhouse firsthand, seems like picking players by playing "he said" is the only fair and correct way to get to the bottom of this.  Cool.

I think it was Youk since he called out Ells publicly last year for not being a cheerleader in the dugout while he was on the DL.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

I get the feeling the people reporting it are not exactly in the know, either.

Every article says things like "The starting pitchers woulddrink in the clubhouse on their off days, and this could leave them groggy and... umm.... drunk? Or something?"

Hey, Boston Herald?  So are you saying they had one beer or got completely smashed?  Oh? You have no idea, and  thought maybe some "effects of alcohol" catch phrases would get the point across?  Fine, but what point were you trying to get across?

Yes, the Boston Herald - journalism's answer to Cottonelle...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Yes, the Boston Herald - journalism's answer to Cottonelle..
    Posted by notin
    Boston's answer to the NY Post.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OZGOD. Show OZGOD's posts

Well if he won't tell us then I sure as hell hoped he tells Theo, ownership and whoever ends up replacing him who the CANCERS in this clubhouse are, so they can get booted. I would rather have a less talented player who gives 100% all the time than a more talented player who only gives 50% half the time and causes other players to give less than 100% as well.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In Response to Re: Tito give us the NAMES, we want the NAMES of those Bastards! : Boston's answer to the NY Post.
    Posted by carnie

Or any newspaper that tries to pretend its a book or a magazine.

If you don't unfold it, don't bother...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Terry Francona is an honourable man - proven yet again by his resignation - and I think unlikely to "name names".  The witch hunters and finger pointers on this thread seeking scapegoats aren't fit to lick his boots.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from william93063. Show william93063's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MWzDKE4zbY

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Im not making names up, I am not creating false accusations. I wanted Tito to give me names that's all. He didn't. So freaking what. I am sure he will write a book and then we will hear it all.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DisplacedSoxFan. Show DisplacedSoxFan's posts

Here you go....... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDKwpbkIpQ4
    Posted by 68fbrd

WOW, that was eye opening, and shows extremely poor judgment!  Out of uniform, okay, but IN uniform?  Not so much. 

I had no idea that the team chemistry had deteriorated so much.  These five pitchers:  Beckett, Buccholz, Lackey, Lester, and Wakefield -- ought to be HEAVILY FINED by the Sox.  

I'm a Francona fan, and I think he made the right decision to step away from this team.  He's too nice a guy to deal with what this clubhouse has become, partly of his own making.  

VERY curious about what's been going on with Tek and the team.  I caught that Crawford response and wondered.  Bugs me that the media didn't follow up on that.  Can't wait to read the tell all book on this team in a few years.   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

They should rip the "C" off his jersey. No other team in the MLB has a captain I do not believe. Tek has been a mockery of by some bad apples. Tito lost his job over it. But hey we don't want names, we don't want to know who is who.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

They should rip the "C" off his jersey. No other team in the MLB has a captain I do not believe. Tek has been a mockery of by some bad apples. Tito lost his job over it. But hey we don't want names, we don't want to know who is who.
    Posted by BurritoT

Oh yeah, UR not naming names.
    You make Pike look like a fkn angel.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

I'll be surprised if management brings Varitek back. Wakefield is a sideshow who needs another ceremonial season to break another PR record. But, it will be harder for management to defend a roster spot for Wakefield, given how he was a big factor in record collapse. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

The names will be one or more of the players traded or not resigned as FA. Given Crawford problem won't go away, so my hope is that Ellsbury is traded. He is one of the hyped faces that has been a part of the loser Red Sox of 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011. Varitek and Wakefield are washed up. Papelbon and Ortiz and Scutaro are the only veteran FA who are worthy of contract consideration. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

The manager is supposed to be the guy in charge. It is up to him to control the clubhouse. Tito always tried to protect the players, but obviously they took advantage of him. That cannot be allowed to happen. I hope we find out more about this situation in the days ahead.  I have no doubt that Pedroia was never a problem. He is the one guy I would have the most faith in, but I never liked the buddy-buddy relationship between him and Tito, with the cribbage games, etc.  The manager should never become " one of the guys."  He can be friendly , but has to maintain a certain distance. Familiarity breeds contempt.  If some players were behaving improperly and getting away with it, then the other players may well have resented it , and lost respect for Tito.  Let's hope the names of the troublemakers come out. The fans who support the team have a right to know. Anyway , Tito had a nice run and plenty of good times and success. It is clearly time to go. One more thing I would like to add is ; What is the point of having a " bench coach " , and why are the players in the clubhouse playing cards and drinking when they should be on the bench supporting their teammates?  Also , what is the point of having a " Captain " , and where was " Captain " Varitek while all this nonsense was going on?  Finally , with Tito gone , we now need a complete overhaul of the coaching and training / conditioning staffs. 
    Posted by dgalehouse

" we now need a complete overhaul of the coaching and training / conditioning staffs. "

agreed. and someone beside theo to make decisions on free agents. hes excellent in the draft but awful in deciding on free agents best for boston. if he stays, someone else needs to make those decisions.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I do not know how valuable Jed Hoyer was to Theo but perhaps something was lost there?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Guvnor. Show Guvnor's posts

eades says beckett was one of the boozers.

totally unacceptable

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

Booze is an integral part of MLB promotion. Not surprising that players down beer to pass idle time. It doesn't mean Beckett gets a pass for not being in better physical condition. But MLBPA  made sure physical conditioning is not something management can do a lot about.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortuee. Show Ortuee's posts

Let's hope they were at least drinking a locally brewed beer....not like Lone Star....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

A MESSAGE TO KRomine...why don't you keep your political
    sniping logo the h__off a sports blog. If being a liberal means
    better health care for all, pristine forests, oil-free waters,
    good wages for honest work, non toxic air, protection for
    workers from abuse, and regulation / punishment for
    Wall St. abusers who took this economy and put it in the
    toilet, then sign me up !! I'm a liberal and proud of it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

It would have been better if they went to Boston Beer Works or whatever that place is - I am sure before 1990 a player could hang out after a game in one of the Lansdowne bars and have decent time, or in this case during the game.

Sections
Shortcuts