Tito give us the NAMES, we want the NAMES of those Bastards!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: Tito give us the NAMES, we want the NAMES of those Bastards!

In Response to Re: Tito give us the NAMES, we want the NAMES of those Bastards!:
    [QUOTE]Booze is an integral part of MLB promotion. Not surprising that players down beer to pass idle time. It doesn't mean Beckett gets a pass for not being in better physical condition. But MLBPA  made sure physical conditioning is not something management can do a lot about.  
    Posted by 1958lesspaul[/QUOTE]
    MLB and MLBPA notwithstanding , this behavior is unacceptable. A strong leader would not let it happen. The situation should have been brought to light before this team collapsed, and management should have put a stop to it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tropical-Nation. Show Tropical-Nation's posts

read the whole set of responses.and some are great much needed comic relief ( 'Lackey snorting meth on the field'...ROTFLMAO !)

but the serious point is now that the cat's out of the bag, EVERYONE  ( except Curt Schilling and both George Bush's) has been named as a possible suspect...

so, back to the original question: we DO need names, so the innocent can be let go and the guilty traded to Pittsburg or KC or Houston....or sent down to the Lowell Spinners.....

Otherwise, everyone's a suspect and therefore everyone is guilty ( RSN is about half a step away from mob rule, and I don't blame any of us).

So media : Step up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: Tito give us the NAMES, we want the NAMES of those Bastards!:
    [QUOTE]They should rip the "C" off his jersey. No other team in the MLB has a captain I do not believe. Tek has been a mockery of by some bad apples. Tito lost his job over it. But hey we don't want names, we don't want to know who is who.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]
    A man in a grey baseball uniform with a navy helmet prepares to swing at a pitch

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnDeckCircle. Show OnDeckCircle's posts

Of the newbies, Crawford was never a distraction in Tampa Bay.    He just doesn't say much of anything to anybody.    Doesn't like attention.
    Gonzalez whines, moans, and cry babies about everything in sight.     Much the same with Youkilis.
    Beckett and Lackey can't be easy to be around with in the clubhouse.    For the time Bobby Junks was around, he must have been a hoot.

Those privy to most of the personalities are the media and it's only a matter of time before somebody leaks a story about the list of distractors. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tito give us the NAMES, we want the NAMES of those Bastards! : Kevin Millar a little while ago on EEI seemed to confirm what both Tito and Theo said yesterday... that Lackey's clubhouse demeanor was not a problem.  He further said something to the effect that while Lackey's actions don't necessarily go over well with the fans, he has fire and passion, wants the ball, and his teammates don't have a problem with him.  Millar usually says it like it is.
    Posted by mwTessie[/QUOTE]

I tend to agree.  Lackey was the same way in LA ... always made a big show of getting pulled.  "Bulldog" mentality ....

I watched him several times getting pulled ... and then his demeanour in the dug out.  This last outing he seemed to carry on a bit much - but he had more than one reason to be upset with divorce papers in the offing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

In Response to Tito give us the NAMES, we want the NAMES of those Bastards!:
    [QUOTE]I want names of every player that caused problems in that clubhouse this year, I want to know who I can booooo the pizz out of all next year. If I can say one thing about Tito that is good its that he watched over and protected every last one of them. Now we are hearing and will continue to hear that there were some problematic players in the house. Lets have the names followed by some heads on a big platter. I was ready for a managerial change but now I think I get the real picture, we have some unseemly players on this team that brought the house down... JOHN LACKEY is name #1, I don't even need a confirmation from Tito on that one. Lackluster showed up our manager right on the mound for all the world to see. Names now please Tito, I promise we fans will take care of them - driving them from the city with relentless boooooooo's.
    Look at all their resumes. Look for those who have above average baseball knowledge. Those will be the ones that opposed Francona. And rightfully so.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Of the newbies, Crawford was never a distraction in Tampa Bay.    He just doesn't say much of anything to anybody.    Doesn't like attention. Gonzalez whines, moans, and cry babies about everything in sight.     Much the same with Youkilis. Beckett and Lackey can't be easy to be around with in the clubhouse.    For the time Bobby Junks was around, he must have been a hoot. Those privy to most of the personalities are the media and it's only a matter of time before somebody leaks a story about the list of distractors. 
    Posted by OnDeckCircle[/QUOTE]

I hope that you are right about somebody telling us who some of the  responsible parties are.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

Pitchers drinking beer had zero to do with team failure.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

[QUOTE]This has become bigger than I was naively expecting. I did not really think beyond the poor pitching and some gaffes by Tito this past month. If the clubhouse has some bad people in it I want to know who.  I always really liked Beckett and Youk but I promise you if real evidence comes out that they made problems for others then I will be chanting them out of town.
    Why would you call them bad people for disagreeing with a poor in-game manager. Francona cost most of the pitchers wins and also hurt their ERAs by leaving them in to get bombed. He sat players that were in a hot streak because he had scheduled that player for a rest way back in Feb.
    It's hard to maintain a winning attitude when the manager states that early season games aren't as important as late season games. He was willing to concede some games for the sake of having rested players for an unknown future game. Absolute unmitigated nonsense. Does anyone think that any one of the games he didn't try to win would have made a difference this year?? How about 4 or 5 games? Think about it.
    He's a nice guy, but an absoulutely putrid in-game manager.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

[QUOTE]Thanks hill55  -  We need to know who did what, I refuse to root for any of these jerks as individuals. I want to know who among the team doesn't care about the team and subsequently the fans.

Look directly at Francona, he let winnable games go.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

Name is Epstein. That is the only name you need. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenapplesplatters. Show greenapplesplatters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tito give us the NAMES, we want the NAMES of those Bastards! : Something still tells me Youk was one.  Just a feeling.  He was hurt, had to move to 3b, had a sub-par year
    Posted by KRomine[/QUOTE]

Several writers, Jackie MacMullen included, have now alluded to Youkilis as being perhaps the biggest cancer in the clubhouse. It's not hard to understand why. Let's hope je's the first to. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from njalb. Show njalb's posts

Based on the way they pitched in September I would suggest they change brands, or mix in a few shots  Maybe they would pitch better if they drank ON game days

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

What for Tito"s book that is all we can do.... by then we will have forgotten about it all Embarassed

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tito give us the NAMES, we want the NAMES of those Bastards! : Several writers, Jackie MacMullen included, have now alluded to Youkilis as being perhaps the biggest cancer in the clubhouse. It's not hard to understand why. Let's hope je's the first to. 
    Posted by greenapplesplatters[/QUOTE]It wasn't several writers. It was Jackie Mac and if you read her story it certainly appears he was trying to get people to get thumbs out of their rears but his interpersonal skills were such that he just polarized the room.  Here's her take:

On occasion, his intensity and his honesty were his biggest assets, but not this season. The injured Youkilis showed up every day the way he wanted Ellsbury to, but he turned so sour and cynical that his carping and insistence on inserting himself into other people's affairs turned him into a detriment.

And Jackie is a good writer but her takes should be taken with a grain of salt coming from a beat writer that knew the NBA upside down and now crosses over to all sports in the new blog driven world for ESPN.

Her worst take in her article was rating Lester's 2011 as being some how superior to that of Beckett, calling Beckett's 20011 "ordinary". Meanwhile his ERA was 2.89 and his WHIP 1.026. Meanwhile Lester who Jackie said "held up his end of the bargain" had a 3.47 ERA and a 1.257 WHIP. Both guys had over 190 IP and under 200.

Jackie is just one of many sources that are being taken as fact and having their statements actually expanded upon. It is a common problem in our times for the blogosphere to create the illusion of undisputed fact and the fact to swiftly become expanded and the expansion to become fact.

In the last two days on BDC a single reported event of pitchers not scheduled to disrespectfully enough going down to the clubhouse late in a blow out before a game was over and having a beer has turned into players drinking in the dugout. While no player has ever been named, the group has been identified by posters and naturally Lackey included.

The market is turning toxic with almost no player except Pedroia being exempt. It likely will pass but there is less proportionality now than there was when people pronounced this best team ever before a ST game had been played.

Just my takes

http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/7036983/underachieving-boston-red-sox-flunked-chemistry

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tito give us the NAMES, we want the NAMES of those Bastards! : It wasn't several writers. It was Jackie Mac and if you read her story it certainly appears he was trying to get people to get thumbs out of their rears but his interpersonal skills were such that he just polarized the room.  Here's her take: On occasion, his intensity and his honesty were his biggest assets, but not this season. The injured Youkilis showed up every day the way he wanted Ellsbury to, but he turned so sour and cynical that his carping and insistence on inserting himself into other people's affairs turned him into a detriment . And Jackie is a good writer but her takes should be taken with a grain of salt coming from a beat writer that knew the NBA upside down and now crosses over to all sports in the new blog driven world for ESPN. Her worst take in her article was rating Lester's 2011 as being some how superior to that of Beckett, calling Beckett's 20011 "ordinary". Meanwhile his ERA was 2.89 and his WHIP 1.026. Meanwhile Lester who Jackie said "held up his end of the bargain" had a 3.47 ERA and a 1.257 WHIP. Both guys had over 190 IP and under 200. Jackie is just one of many sources that are being taken as fact and having their statements actually expanded upon. It is a common problem in our times for the blogosphere to create the illusion of undisputed fact and the fact to swiftly become expanded and the expansion to become fact. In the last two days on BDC a single reported event of pitchers not scheduled to disrespectfully enough going down to the clubhouse late in a blow out before a game was over and having a beer has turned into players drinking in the dugout. While no player has ever been named, the group has been identified by posters and naturally Lackey included. The market is

turning toxic
    with almost no player except Pedroia being exempt. It likely will pass but there is less proportionality now than there was when people pronounced this best team ever before a ST game had been played. Just my takes http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/7036983/underachieving-boston-red-sox-flunked-chemistry
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

You got that right!

KKK toxic.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

We are so naive to ignore the facts and focus on all the drama. Francona did not do his job and got fired. How many of you think if he is not fired he would come out and say what he said about the players. We lost the playoffs by one game and same thing happened last year as well. What was the problem then? Why did Francona not talk about issues with players. He is just got fired and pointing fingers. What the hell was he complaining against the owners, they spent $180+ mil and were paying him $4+ mil every year. The team he coached did not make the playoffs two years in a row. If I am working for a company and not being productive for a year I expect them to fire me. I am glad it is over because we need a new direction. However Theo should stick around at least for 2012, I think he will be great cos he has something to prove. Let us hope they get someone who DEMANDS accountability from the players. We need results, no excuses and pointing fingers.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Tito give us the NAMES, we want the NAMES of those Bastards! : Look at all their resumes. Look for those who have above average baseball knowledge. Those will be the ones that opposed Francona. And rightfully so.
    Posted by BOSOX1941[/QUOTE]
    The player on the team who probably has the most baseball knowledge is Pedroia. And he loves Francona.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OZGOD. Show OZGOD's posts

[QUOTE]They should rip the "C" off his jersey. No other team in the MLB has a captain I do not believe. Tek has been a mockery of by some bad apples. Tito lost his job over it. But hey we don't want names, we don't want to know who is who.

I don't think having a captain is such a bad thing...but I don't know how much authority (if any) a non-playing captain would have. He's not exactly leading from the front.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

Pour gasoline under the Clubhouse door while the fat drunken swine are still grabbin' free coldcuts and Ice cold beer, than set a match to the place....the guys sober enough to have already gone get to live...the rest? WHO CARES!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Time4Theo2Go. Show Time4Theo2Go's posts

[QUOTE]Name is Epstein. That is the only name you need. 
    Posted by 1958lesspaul[/QUOTE]

I know right?

Francona managed the players Theo Epstein PUT in that clubhouse.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In Response to Tito give us the NAMES, we want the NAMES of those Bastards!:
    [QUOTE]I want names of every player that caused problems in that clubhouse this year, I want to know who I can booooo the pizz out of all next year. If I can say one thing about Tito that is good its that he watched over and protected every last one of them. Now we are hearing and will continue to hear that there were some problematic players in the house. Lets have the names followed by some heads on a big platter. I was ready for a managerial change but now I think I get the real picture, we have some unseemly players on this team that brought the house down... JOHN LACKEY is name #1, I don't even need a confirmation from Tito on that one. Lackluster showed up our manager right on the mound for all the world to see. Names now please Tito, I promise we fans will take care of them - driving them from the city with relentless boooooooo's.
    It was those two freak'n red necks.... Lackey and his hillbilly brother JOSH. Get your azz  back to  West Virginny.