Tito, great move taking out David and Adrian

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FarmFan. Show FarmFan's posts

Tito, great move taking out David and Adrian

We probably could have won this game by now if we had real hitters in there. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Tito, great move taking out David and Adrian

The philosophy is to go for the winning run right now and not look ahead to the next at-bat.  But it does seem to come back to haunt at least as often as it works.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Well if Reddick didn't score they already lost this game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jastaleyfromms. Show jastaleyfromms's posts

Point is we won. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oldgater. Show oldgater's posts

Re: Tito brings in Pap with a four run lead and Pap having pitched last night.  Tito subs both Papi and Adrian with two outs.  Tito brings in Cameron a 180 hitter and leaves Reddick on the bench.  Tito has Cameron bunting with two strikess.  Oh by the way Drew struck out 4 times and should have done something earlier remember he's the 14 million dollar man.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

And if they had not PR and they did not score because he had the slower guy in there you'd be complaining about why didn't he PR

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Rule of thumb:  You only PR for your DH or Best Hitter when they represent the tying run........I knew that would come back and haunt them...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

At the time it seemed like it would be inconsequential but I had the thought that pinch running for Papi with Reddick was not necessary.  The run that puts you up by 4 in the bottom of the 8th is that important? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Apparently it was but let's forget about that since it ended up being very important. See people thought it wa dumb but it ended up being smart but never give credit to Terry for it just because they can complain he brought in Paps at the wrong time. Then disregard the play of others to bash Paps for "letting" the game get tied.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In Response to Re: Tito, great move taking out David and Adrian:
    [QUOTE]Apparently it was but let's forget about that since it ended up being very important. See people thought it wa dumb but it ended up being smart but never give credit to Terry for it just because they can complain he brought in Paps at the wrong time. Then disregard the play of others to bash Paps for "letting" the game get tied.
    Posted by JimfromFlorida[/QUOTE]

Are you saying running Reddick for Ortiz proved to be smart?  I would say quite the opposite.  Hard to anticipate what happened in the 9th but I think the rest of the game is better if Papi is in the line-up.  Ortiz would've scored just as easily as Reddick on Crawford's double.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

What if it was not a double. You are working on 20/20 hindsight. Terry has to work in the moment. I could have scored on the dbl (maybe) but Terry did not know it was coming. It was smart because if it was a single who had the better chance to score Reddick or Ortiz?
    Folks here beat him up for something that happened after it happened.
    Why did he do it? Because he knew no matter what type of hit it was to the OF Reddick had the better chance to score.

Of course the line up is better the rest of the game. You are dealing with what happened I'm thinking of why he did it. As stated above Reddick faster and can score on almost any hit to the OF Ortiz can not.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

LOL... Got to love you Jim !! I mean I hope all the sucking up to Tito is getting you some great seats at Fenway! The man is a moron plain and simple. Only you and Tito's wife ( maybe you are his wife ) would say that was a stroke of genius by Tito cause it saved the game. That's like awarding a guy with a purple heart for shooting himself in the foot while cleaning his gun. Tell me he just wanted papi not to have to run and possibly risk injury in a game they already were going to win, If Indeed he already made up his mind about bringing Paps in for the "SAVE". It's games just like this one that proves to me this team wins despite the guy.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

Cue the "He's Managed the Sox to two WS Rings !! LOL

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sgtnull. Show sgtnull's posts

and yet Tito has two world series rings and all the arm chair managers here have a collective zero...

how odd.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

LOL... how did I know that was coming !!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Only on BDC can one enjoy the thrill of watching a win and agony of reading about it afterwards.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sgtnull. Show sgtnull's posts

if i had not seen the score on yahoo - i would have assumed we lost this game from the posts here.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

LOL... Yea it was a great win !! Can't wait for tomorrow !!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sgtnull. Show sgtnull's posts

the Sox have already won two out of the three for this series. that makes me rather happy. a win tomorrow is a bonus.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

"Re: Tito brings in Pap with a four run lead and Pap having pitched last night.  Tito subs both Papi and Adrian with two outs.  Tito brings in Cameron a 180 hitter and leaves Reddick on the bench.  Tito has Cameron bunting with two strikess.  Oh by the way Drew struck out 4 times and should have done something earlier remember he's the 14 million dollar man. "

Tito wins.  Tito is 1/2 game out of first on June 14.  Tito is one of the best managers in baseball (not just my opinion, it's shared by the "experts who vote for Manager of the Year.)  Tito has delivered 2 championships recently. Tito takes alot of junk from the forum 20/20 hindsighters.  Nice W Tito, but shame on you for having Pedey play second at such a crucial point in the game, and shame on you for putting the game in Paps hands in the ninth.  I NEVER would have made those mistakes.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

This is hindsight nonsense at its worse. 

1.  When you're ahead by a couple of runs going into the 9th, the likelihood of Big Papi having to come to bat again is very small. 

2.  When a slow runner reaches to lead off the 10th, you don't play for the 11th and 13th innings. 

Sections
Shortcuts